PDA

View Full Version : MINI BIKE RACES!!!!!!!!

HAMMER
May 12th, 2008, 11:37 AM
SO ME (213)AND FAIRBANKS(240) WENT OUT THE SPRINGS TO RACE OUR PIT BIKES AND MINI BIKES THIS WEEKEND, WITH THE RMMMA ( ROCKY MTN MINIBIKE ASSOSIATION) JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT IT WAS A BLAST. FOR THE WHOLE RACE DAY I SPENT A WHOOPING 50 DOLLARS INCLUDING GAS....... RACED 5 - 6 RACES IN A FEW DIFFERENT CLASSES. ( FEW 2ND PLACES AND A 5TH CAUSE I WRECKED LIKE 3 TIMES IN ONE RACE, DAM THAT GUY WITH THE NSF100 WHO KEEPT KICKING MY ASS.....)

SERIOUSLY THOUGH THE MORE PEOPLE WHO WOULD COME THE BETTER IT WOULD BE. SO FOR THE COST OF 2 SETS OF TIRES GO BUY A CHINEESE 125- 135 CC CHING A LING PIT BIKE OR PULL OUT THE YSR OR NSR 50 AND THROW SOME STREET TIRES ON IT AND COME PLAY....

CHECK OUT THE VID OF ME AND BANKS PRATICING AT BANDIMERE TRACK. ( WITCH ONLY COST 20 BUCKS FOR THE DAY TOO AND THEY HAVE AMB TRANSPONDERS SET UP SO WE CAN CHECK LAP TIMES)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=29439445

WE ARE BOTH ON PISTER PRO 125s ( THE HAUL ASS ) and are very competitive in the f2 class ( up to 135cc)

AND HERE IS THE WEB SITE FOR THE CLUB... MOST IF NOT ALL THE DATES DO NOT INTERFERE W/ MRA STUFF

www.rmminimoto.com/

dont be a pussy.... come dice w/ us

dave.gallant
May 12th, 2008, 12:09 PM
For the long time MRA members, "that guy" who was on the NSF100 was most probably Tracy Schram.

For you new members, Schrammy could put down times on an RS125 that most 600s still can't do. He was/is fassst on a 125. :)

Dodd
May 12th, 2008, 12:15 PM
I just bought a used Thumpstar (125? I think) from a friend for a pit bike. I was running around on it thinking what a blast it would be to put some sticky street tires on it.

I just kinda glanced through the website, would something like that work? That looks like a stupid amount of fun

HAMMER
May 12th, 2008, 12:15 PM
ALMOST HAD HIM A FEW TIMES, THAT FN NSF HANDLES LIKE A CHAMP.... NEXT TIME IM TAKING HIM (PULL A FEW MORE PONYS OUT OF THE OLD 125 : INNER ROTTOR KIT AND GEARING CHANGE ) DOODS TIRES ARE TWICE AS WIDE AS OURS AND STICK LIKE GLUE......STILL HE ONLY GOT ME BY A FEW CORNERS :lol: ....... GREAT TIMES AND I STILL HAVE MONEY IN MY POCKET :shock:

dave.gallant
May 12th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Looks like fun, and I am glad we had a few guys go out and run with that crew! :)

Wahooman
May 12th, 2008, 12:24 PM
I just bought a used Thumpstar (125? I think) from a friend for a pit bike. I was running around on it thinking what a blast it would be to put some sticky street tires on it.

I just kinda glanced through the website, would something like that work? That looks like a stupid amount of fun
Thumpstars are a GREAT bike! Lots of mods for them and you can convert to street tires....when we did it we had to get some different wheels. Kevin at Epic has his Thumpstar with street tires on it.

Dodd
May 12th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Sweet. I'll holler at him to see what I need. I got that Thump for $500! Full Yosh exhaust, electric start, pro taper bars, ASV levers, an extra new rear shock spring assembly, extra plastic etc. I friggen love it, I want to race it!

jrubin80
May 12th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Ill be at the IMI races with my Polini. Bang for the buck is huge with the mini's.

dave.gallant
May 12th, 2008, 12:31 PM

Thumpstars are a GREAT bike! Lots of mods for them and you can convert to street tires....when we did it we had to get some different wheels. Kevin at Epic has his Thumpstar with street tires on it.

I have ridden that Thump* and it is a kick in the pants!!

Throttleroller277
May 12th, 2008, 12:37 PM
For the long time MRA members, "that guy" who was on the NSF100 was most probably Tracy Schram.

For you new members, Schrammy could put down times on an RS125 that most 600s still can't do. He was/is fassst on a 125. :)

I second that!!..........

It doesn't hurt that he went and professionally raced 125's in Japan :shock:

dave.gallant
May 12th, 2008, 12:40 PM

I second that!!..........

It doesn't hurt that he went and professionally raced 125's in Japan :shock:

Schrammy is a cool cat, thats for sure. :)

Fairbanks
May 12th, 2008, 01:16 PM
thumpstar 125's are perfect bikes for this. I have a red barron 125 and Madama has an ogm 125 but these following bikes are all similar in the 125cc.

sdg
pitster pro
red barron
thumpstar
ogm

The main difference between all these is the motor. Some have Jailing motors and some have Lifan motors. Lifan's make more power b/c they have big valve heads stock...while the gpx has a better transmission. There is a ton of aftermarket hop up parts for these motors that are cheap also. :wink:

You can probably buy a bike lightly used for less than $1000 with supermoto tires already. I see them for sale on craigslist all the time.

The mini bike racing was a blast.......makes you feel like a kid again

The rm mini-moto club is full of really nice folks. I will definitely go back again.

I hope more mra people come and play. There is like 9 more races :D

HAMMER
May 12th, 2008, 01:33 PM
ya 2nd that ......dudes are cool as shit... they have tons of smarts about alot of the upgrades and people to talk to about the minis....(kevin) ...

like i said b4... crashed out 3 times in one race and still got 5th.... you can hop up and keep railing........ didnt evn mess up the bike or me at all..... and the track we rode this time (cre) is fn awesome.. elevation changes and tight stuff and a long straight. makes our track look like a parking lot.

ps.tracy is an animal on that little thing. lets show him whats up!!!!!!!
it wont be to fun for him to kill everybody every time.. ( more racers more bikes please )

as far as good tires for the 10 in wheels ( dunlop tt91's) they are very sticky.....and will last ya all year...lol

shortie171
May 13th, 2008, 08:22 AM
I was there too and it was definitely worth the $$$. Spend 30 bucks and race. Too cool. If we could get like 10 more bikes for the F1 class it would be SICK. The F1 class is any 4 stroke air cooled up to 110 cc's. Check out the website, get a mini and let's race.

coax
May 14th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Ja, the guys were estatic to have the MRA guys come out and represent at the races! It was great to have some new faster guys to race with and learn from. I'm just sorry that some of the people that were supposed to show didn't make it.

The track owner made a comment about the professionalism, cleanliness and attitude of the new guys and thier crews (MRA dudes). He stated that he was glad to have guys like that join the club and race at his track!

That had to be some of the most fun I've ever had getting my butt kicked (especially in the F1 class). The racing was good, clean passing and while trying to drop the hammer on one's buds, safety was still a concern.

Tracy Schram.. what can be said is that is one cool cat (as well as the MRA guys). That fella put on a riding clinic from hell! HAMMER kept him honest most of the time though. We need someone that can make him need to ride a F2 bike!

I CAN'T WAIT TILL THE NEXT RACE!!! :D

Ninja Nate
May 14th, 2008, 10:54 AM
What are the classes? My wife has a CRF 150 (not the motocross one but the one thats like the xr) and that would be a hoot with some street tires on it.

coax
May 14th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Formula 3- 72cc water-cooled 2 stroke, 80cc air cooled 2 stroke, 151cc air/oil cooled 4 stroke

Max tire sizes allowed are 14 inch front and 12 inch rear. There are no exceptions, as it is mini racing. The track owner stipulates this also.

Ninja Nate
May 14th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Looks like Formula 3 would be just perfect...

coax
May 14th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Great, we hope to see you at the next race! Take care.

Ninja Nate
May 14th, 2008, 02:06 PM

I wont be in the area until October, but I will make sure to be out there in 09. I think a KX65 would be absolutely perfect... 8)

coax
May 14th, 2008, 02:19 PM

I think a KX65 would be absolutely perfect... 8)

I agree and a lot of bang for the buck.

Ninja Nate
May 15th, 2008, 11:32 AM
So I have been looking this over extensively, and you guys are using terms of F1 and F3 classes. Checking the website http://www.rmminimoto.com/Rules.html it doesn't have those listed.

SO onto my question, I know I can run a KX65 in F3, are there any classes that a KX85 would fit into? On the front pageit says "Race your 40 and 50cc two stroke pocketbike, 50-176cc mini-motard classes, and NSR/YSRs" But it doesn't mention 2stroke vs. 4stroke in the mini-motard classes...

I would of course be running 12" wheels 8)

coax
May 15th, 2008, 11:44 AM
So I have been looking this over extensively, and you guys are using terms of F1 and F3 classes. Checking the website http://www.rmminimoto.com/Rules.html it doesn't have those listed.

SO onto my question, I know I can run a KX65 in F3, are there any classes that a KX85 would fit into? On the front pageit says "Race your 40 and 50cc two stroke pocketbike, 50-176cc mini-motard classes, and NSR/YSRs" But it doesn't mention 2stroke vs. 4stroke in the mini-motard classes...

I would of course be running 12" wheels 8)

The classes are listed for sure in the rules section, unless something happened on the website since yesterday. They are under shifter class rules. The KX 85 fits in F4 with air/oil cooled 4 strokes up to 176cc.

shortie171
May 17th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Yeah, it is kind of hard to find that info in the rules section but it is there. When you are looking through the classes you will find a section that suddenly says formula 1.

coax
May 17th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Yeah, it is kind of hard to find that info in the rules section but it is there. When you are looking through the classes you will find a section that suddenly says formula 1.

Yep, I see what you mean now. It is under section 1.35 where it JUNIOR (D) STOCK CAG (AGES 3-15) and then BAM! In bold print it says ROCKY MOUNTAIN MINI MOTO SHIFTER CLASS RULES. It should have had its' own section in the rules.

Fairbanks
May 17th, 2008, 03:27 PM
the kx 85 would rip out at imi. it would be so much fun i bet with supermoto tires.

I don't know about cre it might be a little small to let that thing go. i would change gearing to lower gears for cre.

come out and race you will have a blast

coax
May 17th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Yea, the KX 85 would be a blast on both tracks. The guy with the CR 80 was definetly having a good time. There are a couple more 85s that are supposed to show up and at least one Honda CFR 150R with a guy that just moved out here.

Get some more of the mega-minis out so that we can split the classes further. Then I'll have another seperate class to race my F2 bike in. I'm sure someone with a mega-mini can put some heat on Mr. Schram riding the NSF 100 and I'm sure he'd be up to the challenge!

coax
June 4th, 2008, 04:18 PM
The second race is down. Mr. Schram smoked some butt. The cool thing was everyone's speed picked up so much that he didn't lap anyone in the second F1 moto. F1 was a speed frieght train behind Schram and all it took was one mistake to go from 2nd to last!

In F2+ Schram won again with a challenge by a modded CRF150R piloted by a new racer from Ohio. It took in excess of 20+ rear wheel horsepower for someone to dice with Schram.

Congrats to Chris Fairbanks on his marriage. We missed you and your "best man" out there. I can't wait to dice with you fella again!

Next race is 15 June at CRE followed by IMI on the 22nd of June. We hope to see you there!

HAMMER
June 4th, 2008, 08:19 PM
im in for sure.... me and banks got some new mods.....i got new ruber ( that will stick this time...lol ) :lol: and gonna show the schramster a thing or 2 about a thing or two............. i hope any way.... hahahaha

see ya all out there

ps. hope i can get a few more of my mini peeps out this time......... :twisted: :twisted:

coax
June 4th, 2008, 11:19 PM
RIGHT ON! Bruce B. is riding his arse off in F1 too. He also did better than expected on his F1 bike in the F2 class, but I think he better freshen up that top end! I can't wait!

HAMMER
June 22nd, 2008, 07:23 PM
another good day of mini pillaging............brought out the cheater bike (ysr180) and threw down some races (no points / just for fun ) ....... shramster still had some goods for me but my extra ponys were to much....... good times.....bumpin elbows...lol.....

good to see the willionare and shilly out ther w/ all the super retards driftin tword the crowd of spectators ( WTF was that ) .......

:D gotta love the 50 dollar race day........ :shock:

coax
June 22nd, 2008, 10:14 PM
That was another great day of racing. I t was good to see another motorcycle discipline (supermoto) displayed and there was some outstanding riding. Hammer and Banks get with me on the mods and I'll point you in the right direction (my motor is killer for the price). I might hold back for a few months (if I were you guys) on the monster size motors and see how the durability stands, meanwhile work on your F2 bikes. I plan on getting up to IMI for more track familiarization and a test and tune at CRE prior to the next race. I gotta get some quality riding time up at IMI with Schrammy and Mike K.. Those guys are the schiznit!

willionaire
June 23rd, 2008, 08:00 AM
I can't get away from the damn Syndicate guys...they're everywhere. Hammer and Fairbanks on the mini bikes was great.

Wish I had taken some photos. Definitley cool to watch.

hrcrider
June 23rd, 2008, 08:37 PM
Had a good time racin with Hammer on his cheater bike. I had such a good time I pulled the motor out & sent it off to have the motor done & the yosh exh & ignition put on it. It should make around 15 hp they said. I will run it in f-2 & the nsr in f-1. Looking forward to testing the nsf . Just playin. I'll stick to learning how to develop more corner speed & later braking, there is more potential left in the bike. That was a good battle for the front I gotta pick up the pace to run with that homolagated thing @ IMI. Check out some pics @ fatkidsinc.com

coax
June 24th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Had a good time racin with Hammer on his cheater bike. I had such a good time I pulled the motor out & sent it off to have the motor done & the yosh exh & ignition put on it. It should make around 15 hp they said. I will run it in f-2 & the nsr in f-1. Looking forward to testing the nsf . Just playin. I'll stick to learning how to develop more corner speed & later braking, there is more potential left in the bike. That was a good battle for the front I gotta pick up the pace to run with that homolagated thing @ IMI. Check out some pics @ fatkidsinc.com

You had me fooled there for a second and it sounded good! I think you might need a top end kit to hang with Martin at IMI. He was flying on the mini thumper.

coax
July 3rd, 2008, 05:49 PM
The next race is 20 July at CRE followed by IMI on the 27th. There is gonna be a dogfight for third in the standings in Formula 1, with many in striking distance :D Let's see if Martin S. can beat the Schramster in F2 on the shorter track. I'm looking forward to it!

Hammer get the F1 bike back together! Fairbanks put an 88cc kit or something on your F1 bike so you can get in the mix!

My torquer F1 engine build is complete and looks promising (small valve [23/20] ported head, 12.5:1 piston, stock flywheel, TB CDI, HRC coil, auto clutch, 107cc, oil cooler and 22mm carb). So far it ran 56mph at 11,400 RPMs with 15/35 gearing and I hope it will represent on the track.

coax
July 21st, 2008, 10:39 PM
Continued and much appreciated thanks to Sun Enterprises of Denver for the prizes at every round! I think everyone, not just the winners left with about $40 dollars in bike maintenance products after the last IMI Motorsports race.

The next round is the 27th at IMI Motorsports complex again!

Tracy Schram continues to lead the points in F1 and F2, with the competition starting to close in and push him at times. Thanks Tracy for sharing your riding techniques and elevating everyone's game on the track. Kudos to Bruce B. and Shaun S. for some fantastic displays of hard riding this last weekend.

It was great to have Steve V. (the club founder) back helping at the track, as he continues to battle the cancer that took his left leg and hip joint. Steve just ordered a Pitser Pro XJR Motard Special edition that will be modified by Matt at Nebraska Custom cycles so that he will be racing again by season end.