PDA

View Full Version : Drag racing??

PremiumBlend
May 8th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Last year I went up to Bandimere on a Test and Tune, Wed class. I ran my 600RR and ticked off an 11.78 @ 117 mph.

Anyone here ever get up to Bandimere and run their Run Tuff class or Trophy Jackpot class?

James W
May 8th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Never been there but down here in Pueblo at PMI I ran a 11.26 on a 600rr at the friday night drags ran all night for like 20 bucks. :D

Vanmar Racing
May 9th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Mark was there( Bandimere) in about 1996 with his roadrace bike, a YZF 750 with a 1040 superbike motor in it. We rolled it right off the roadrace track with no changes, it still had the roadrace slicks on it. So they made Mark run in the Pro Modified class because of the slicks.
He ran a 10.64 at 138mph.
He was there practicing starts. I have some pics somewhere.
Bart was there too with his XR600 with nitrous.

Jon
May 9th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Novices and experts alike can benefit from this and everyone should try it sometime.

PremiumBlend
May 9th, 2008, 10:32 AM
It's definitely a rush... too bad it's only an 11-second rush, but still fun none-the-less.

Phat-X
May 9th, 2008, 11:21 AM
A friend and I took his turbo Busa up there last year. Kinda sucked, really expensive and only got one pass each. Pueblo would be alot better. When he had his FZR we took it to pueblo and got 15 passes for only 12 bucks.

PremiumBlend
May 9th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Wed night at Bandimere is their Test and Tune night. If I remember correctly it's $35, but that's for unlimited passes. Opens at 4pm and I believe it shuts down around 9ish. Best night to go if you really want to learn launches.

Fairbanks
May 9th, 2008, 11:51 AM
oh yea I think bandimier is a great deal and good fun

I ussually get around 10-12 pases depending how busy it is. it gets busy later on in the summer

I go almost every Wednesday night. Surprising how slow we are compared to an old muscle cars and jap race cars. Gives you a whole new respect for cars like vipers and c6 corvettes ect...they aint much slower than a bike!!!!! i was kind of disappointed the first time i went down and was getting beat to 60ft by mitsibishi evo's running 25+ lbs of boost.

I think i have gotton my race bike to go 11.3's at 126 (03 r6 with race slicks)

I just built a new gsxr with a turbo and need to put a huge clutch (or it will explode) in there and see what it will do. i know at sea level velocity claims to take my bike with this stage one kit in the low 8's.

let me know if you are going next week and i'll look for you

take care
Chris

PremiumBlend
May 9th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Won't be there next week, but hopefully the following week. (21st)