PDA

View Full Version : Pony Express Race!!! Need entrants to make it happen!

Vanmar Racing
May 7th, 2008, 11:03 AM
We have a few teams but we need a few more to make this race happen!

The cost of the race is no more that a practice day fee!
We need to know who the teams are asap, please no Sunday entrants.

Sunday morning ( 9am to 10am) is Team qualifying and each member of each team must qualify.

Please sign up today!!!

303-944-0334

vanmarracing@mindspring.com

cosp600rr
May 7th, 2008, 11:08 AM
entered :D

dave.gallant
May 7th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Sunday morning ( 9am to 10am) is Team qualifying and each member of each team must qualify.

I must have missed something. Is there a 110% cutoff? :)

cosp600rr
May 7th, 2008, 01:30 PM
can we have some more info on the qualifying

Spicee Brown
May 7th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I may have a 3 rider team. Ill be the ringer :o

sheispoison
May 7th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I have a 3 person team lined up. The other two guys have taken the race school but didn't get race licenses. There bikes are prepped to do the track day, but not full race prepped. If that's ok then we're in, but I need to know if that's ok.
carl

JoeCat
May 7th, 2008, 08:27 PM
I'm IN if there's a team who'll take me!

JoeCat

Vanmar Racing
May 7th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Looks like we have 5 teams so far.

1 more and we are a go!!!

1.Glenn Carlsen, Zach Spankey Kinzler and Jeff Brown ( Team Taking our Skirts Off)

2.Dale Eaton, Dave Strain and Doug Kahl (Team Name??? Triple D?)

3. Matt Sienkiewicz and Joe Turek ( Team Outbrake Racing)

4.Mat Muldoon, James Wilkerson, Rick Grosse (Team Grosse Ya Out Racing)

5. Carlton Sorenson and his posse ???

6.???

Who else????

sheispoison
May 8th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Yep, we're in. It's Me, my brother Chris, and Patrick King. We're slow, but damn we're excited!!
carl

Spicee Brown
May 9th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Thanks everyone for signing up! It has become a reality, lets have some fun! Bike is prepped and ready, go through your checklists, people.
The key word for this weekend, HYDRATION and SUNSCREEN! Check out the weather report..
WHAHOO!

DowntoEarthDental
May 9th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Let me know if there is a team that needs me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dave.gallant
May 9th, 2008, 10:48 PM
I have a late entry for team number Six!!!!

Team 12Volt and a Goat!

http://www.motosix.com/temp/12voltgoat.jpg

Lead Rider: Marty Hester -- Fresh off the FIM 125GP Circuit (and just back to the US from the Grand Prix of China) is team rider Marty Hester. Marty will be riding a Honda RS125 courtesy of 12 Volt Tavern. Don't let the displacement fool you; It might be an eighth of a liter, but it couldn't be meaner!

Bench Warmer: Dave Gallant -- Pulled straight out of the retirement home, my last few rides included running Mike Applegate off the track at Pueblo, Hastings, then Pueblo once again (just for good measure). Since Applegate will not be attending this event (because he rides dirt bikes worse than a little girl), I am really not quite sure if I will know which way the track goes without him...and may not complete a single lap?

To make up for this mental deficit, I am bolting the Nitrous onto the GSXR1000!

:shock:

1.125-liter-two-stroke-NOS-huffing endurance bikes! Woot!

( Tammy - does this count as an official entry? )

JoeCat
May 10th, 2008, 12:49 AM
I'll ride with you in the Pony Express! Got a third rider?

JoeCat

Vanmar Racing
May 10th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Looks like we have 8 teams!!!!

Dave Gallant I got your signup. Poor Marty! He must be a really nice guy to take on a old hasbeen roadracer like you!

Also Jim Wilson and Ben Fox will be a team!

Vickery Motorsports has thrown in some prizes as well, so Thanks to Vickery Motorsports!!!

If any body is coming down to watch the fun and can corner work for 1.5 hours, please contact me. We want to make sure we have the corners covered.

CHARGE UP YOUR TRANSPONDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marty
May 10th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Looks like we have 8 teams!!!!

Dave Gallant I got your signup. Poor Marty! He must be a really nice guy to take on a old hasbeen roadracer like you!

Also Jim Wilson and Ben Fox will be a team!

Vickery Motorsports has thrown in some prizes as well, so Thanks to Vickery Motorsports!!!

If any body is coming down to watch the fun and can corner work for 1.5 hours, please contact me. We want to make sure we have the corners covered.

CHARGE UP YOUR TRANSPONDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are we going to exchange transponders or will each rider have their own? if we exchange, will we have to put them in the mounting brackets or will there be a more convenient way of exchange?

Vanmar Racing
May 10th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Hi Marty
Will will use 1 transponder and pass in off to each rider. You can attach it to the bike or put it in your leathers.

Don't forget to bring your FULLY CHARGED transponders!

JoeCat
May 10th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Hi Tammy,

Matt Sienkiewicz and Joe Turek have graciously allowed me to ride with them!

See you in the am!

JoeCat