Picture by Jeff Kouri
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll180/wcr612/crash.jpg :cry:

clowe
April 30th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Was this on the warm-up lap?

I'm glad you are OK!

bluedevil
April 30th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Looked pretty good for going vertical......

hcr25
April 30th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Is that the same turn you crashed your R6 also?

Wild Cheetah 612
April 30th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Yes, it was on the warmup lap. Thought I was taking it easy. Lesson learned- Always check and make sure the generator is still running.

And yes, I crashed the R6 in the same turn, but at least I was racing hard! Just made a bad decision. I have two scratch marks on the track almost right next to each other.

cu260r6
April 30th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Yes, it was on the warmup lap. Thought I was taking it easy. Lesson learned- Always check and make sure the generator is still running.

You made it farther than me. I highsided turning onto pre grid for the same reason. :lol:

bluedevil
April 30th, 2008, 11:56 AM

You made it farther than me. I highsided turning onto pre grid for the same reason. :lol:

So we had someone crash on pregrid, someone crash exiting pit road, and some one crash on the warm up lap, a tumbleweed in 7, blown motor in 8, bike on fire in 9..... did anyone make it to the checker flag? :wink:

Wild Cheetah 612
April 30th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Best laugh I've had all day, Dion! :lol:

hcr25
April 30th, 2008, 12:03 PM

I thought it was your steering stem nut :oops:

Ray-Ray
April 30th, 2008, 01:17 PM

AND you continued to race without re-teching???

Ashli
April 30th, 2008, 02:40 PM

RUH-ROH! :oops:

Damn Donna, glad you made it out of the weekend okay, cool pic of the bike mid air though!!!

cromer611
April 30th, 2008, 03:01 PM
that sucks donna : (

Wahooman
April 30th, 2008, 03:25 PM

We saw your "highside" right in front of our pits. I came out and picked your bike up while others attended to you. It appeared during your "weaving" you got heavy on the throttle and it spun around like no other and next thing we saw was the bike tumbling. Did see you back out there without the tail section as it was seperated during the tumble. Hope all is well otherwise and don't forget to re-tech! :oops:

cu260r6
April 30th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Steering stem nut came loose in another race, but that just caused a bit more chatter, nothing serious.

My generator quit during lunch and my tires chilled in the shade for an hour before RORU. I turned from the pit row onto the grid up area, touched the throttle to accelerate to the hot grid (probably no more than 40% throttle at 4k revs), and the rear just let loose. I chopped it, and it started swapping back and forth (that may have been the weaving you saw). I thought I had it saved right up until the point I was sitting on the ground. Oh well, it was better to crash there than to find out my tires were cold as I tipped into T1 on the hot lap.

cu260r6
April 30th, 2008, 03:38 PM

I didn't crash in a race or on the track. If I drop the bike in the pits off the stand do I have to re tech then too? I'm almost certain the tech sticker is still on my bike.

Sorry to hijack the thread. :D

Throttleroller277
April 30th, 2008, 04:52 PM

I didn't crash in a race or on the track. If I drop the bike in the pits off the stand do I have to re tech then too? I'm almost certain the tech sticker is still on my bike.

Charles?..........Are you seriously going to compare that CRASH, to a bike falling off the stand? :shock:

cosp600rr
April 30th, 2008, 05:03 PM

So we had someone crash on pregrid, someone crash exiting pit road, and some one crash on the warm up lap, a tumbleweed in 7, blown motor in 8, bike on fire in 9..... did anyone make it to the checker flag? :wink:

Don't fprget the guy that crashed coming up to grid in nov o. He lokked up the front and crashed at the back of the pack

froth
April 30th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Great pic, Donna, although you can't see me in the back of the pic, I got the best view just getting ready to go into two. Must admit, I was stunned, seeing you just starting to turn in, and wham.

Truthfully, I'd just as soon never see any of us crash again, but if we must, at least you're okay, and we get some fun out of it.

Oh, also, another congratulations on your LoR win. Teri had a wonderful time, and is looking forward to racing with you again in Hastings.

Ciao

LEVIATHAN
April 30th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Charles, your tech sticker faired better than your tail section.....and then you go out & pull out a 4th place, missing half your bike.

I think I'm going to be sick......... :cry:

Rock on 8)

Performance Imagery
May 1st, 2008, 02:46 AM
Donna, glad to hear you are alright. How bad is the bike?

Wild Cheetah 612
May 1st, 2008, 11:44 AM
The F2 is pretty beat up. The R6 is not too bad, mostly cosmetic.

1ofTheBoys
May 1st, 2008, 05:36 PM
Just glad to see your ok. Need anything to help get the bikes back together?

cosp600rr
May 2nd, 2008, 12:01 PM

Don't forget the guy that crashed coming up to grid in nov o. He locked up the front and crashed at the back of the packI guess I suck at hitting the right keys