PDA

View Full Version : ECU

glenngsxr
August 7th, 2005, 07:12 PM
This might be a long shot, but I bought a bike recently that had a blown ECU that I was not told about. Well, I will not be able to get one in time for Pueblo and I was wondering if anyone could let me use theirs just for the weekend if they had one for the 2001-2003 GSXR 600. I am willing to trade for beer! Glenn #353

rforsythe
August 8th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Any idea what blew the ECU? If it's a wiring or electrical problem, someone will be rather tweaked if you blow theirs up as well.

Just curious, since they don't usually just break on their own.

glenngsxr
August 8th, 2005, 03:09 PM
I posted on here with questions about it before. The crankshaft position sensor was totally shorted out and the wiring before was rather choppy. There was a cut in the wire and it must have made contact with a ground and blew the port going into the ECU. I have since then replaced the crankshaft position sensor with a new one so that problem is gone. I tested my buddies ECU in there recently and it ran like a dream. Problem is, my friend will be in Denver on a ride this weekend so I am unable to use his. I bought a new ECU, which I wasn't happy about and do expect some compensation from the guy who sold the bike to me (no names) who is seriously avoiding me. I could just use my 1999 gsxr this weekend, but it is basically sold and that would be bad. This problem caused my DNF at La Junta and the resulting drop in Ama O championship points. It has been a great headache Ralph and rather depressing. Glenn #353