PDA

View Full Version : Some comments on Race 1

bluedevil
April 28th, 2008, 11:58 AM
So I wanted to say a few things...

#1 LOVE LOVE LOVE the new schedule.... Doing 6 races including endrance.. It realy helped to have them split to 3 a day.... thumbs up... I think it was very organized and flowed very well..... Im a fan

#2 Thank you more than ever to the corner workers.... On Sat when that wind and dirt flew in, I have to say I would have said to hell with it and went home.... That was some wicked awfull dust storms in the eyes and you all stuck it out.... Thank you so much !

#3 The 1st weekend has traditionally been a crashfest... Everyone thinks they are gonna win a championship on the 1st weeend and try like hell to do so.... There were very little crashes (compared to normal) and no delays (due to a crash) that I can recall..... Thumbs up to all of you for keepin it clean and safe....

#4 Holly Smolly Turn 10 improvements are excelent.... Its so nice to go through there with out my cheeks clinched together in total fear of death..... Finally I can say T10 may actually be one of my favorites at PMP now.. Thanks guys for doin' it up right.....

#5 Lastly: Thanks to Young Blood Racing for the supply of Monster Energy drink.... (Well noted dont drink 3 of them by lunch time) Shew!! :shock: :lol:

Great race weekend all... See ya next month.......

Wahooman
April 28th, 2008, 01:14 PM
--Novice GTU Race--

Curtis Looks Ara: "Where is turn 1?"
Ara: "I don't know...can you see brake markers?"
Curtis: "Hell No!"
Ara: "This sucks"
Curtis: "I can't believe this...oh well."
Ara: "Yea nothing like a nice layer of dirt on the track."

Damn storm hit right when we lined up. I am still cleaning dust out of my eyes, they burn. There possibly might still be pieces of the large tumble weed I smashed into between 4 and 5 in my radiator...LOL

Overall great weekend as Dion said. Track changes were very comfortable and overall a good weekend without major issues from what I saw or heard.
Thanks to all who helped make it so sucessful!!

loujr
April 28th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Can't really ad anything, so I will just say YES what they said!

turbohoje
April 28th, 2008, 02:19 PM
i concur across the board!

Clarkie
April 28th, 2008, 04:26 PM
So I wanted to say a few things...

#1 LOVE LOVE LOVE the new schedule.... Doing 6 races including endrance.. It realy helped to have them split to 3 a day.... thumbs up... I think it was very organized and flowed very well..... Im a fan

#2 Thank you more than ever to the corner workers.... On Sat when that wind and dirt flew in, I have to say I would have said to hell with it and went home.... That was some wicked awfull dust storms in the eyes and you all stuck it out.... Thank you so much !

#3 The 1st weekend has traditionally been a crashfest... Everyone thinks they are gonna win a championship on the 1st weeend and try like hell to do so.... There were very little crashes (compared to normal) and no delays (due to a crash) that I can recall..... Thumbs up to all of you for keepin it clean and safe....

#4 Lastly: Holly Smolly Turn 10 improvements are excelent.... Its so nice to go through there with out my cheeks clinched together in total fear of death..... Finally I can say T10 may actually be one of my favorites at PMP now.. Thanks guys for doin' it up right.....

Great race weekend all... See ya next month.......

yup, yup, and hell yea!

Thanks to Jay, Ene, Mr Schellinger and the rest of the PMI peeps for making T10 so awesome 8)

T Baggins
April 28th, 2008, 04:32 PM
for many, it actually gives a chance to sign up for MORE classes than they usually would. I'm too old and out of shape to run 4 in a day, but 1 on sat and 3 on sun is very do-able for me.

Plus, I LOVED the fact that it was still light out when I got home Sunday night.

I could have done without the dust storm for sure - nothing like filling open carbs and motor with Pueblo dirt!

Nice job EVERYONE for keeping things in check and having a good time. Minimal drama always makes our (the board) job easier - and we appreciate that.

froth
April 28th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Here Here!

Another enjoyable weekend!(not counting the f***tards that tried to take things from our guest racer). As always, our corner workers are simply the best. Thinking on their feet, and making every racer feel that nothing bad will ever happen as long as they are around.

Turn ten is massive fun, and I think a lot less risk, all things considered. The effort to create this shows Pueblo folks care! Tres Bonne, mes amis!!!

Let's do it again in Nebraska! Say in five weeks? Let's go enjoy George and the gang, too! WHOO HOOO!

DingleBerns
April 28th, 2008, 06:34 PM
not counting the f***tards that tried to take things from our guest racer

What happened?

loujr
April 28th, 2008, 07:00 PM
http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=6213

HAMMER
April 28th, 2008, 08:01 PM
love the track!!!!!!!

dig the split days!!!!!!!!

A++++++++++ all the way......

cant wait till Round #2.......

:D :D :D

2Blue
April 28th, 2008, 09:41 PM
I had a great time. People were very helpful and eager to help a newbie out like myself. I was glad to meet my goal of completing each of the races that I signed up for. I had a real close call in the ngto, but managed to save that one. Though I completed the open endurance race,
I found out that I'm and not physically ready for that one. Sportsman was fun but I can no longer do that one. agto was a good learning lesson.
I guess it's time to get rid of the street tires and put on some race tires. Looking forward to the comparsion. See ya at Hasting's!

Curtis

Aracheon
April 28th, 2008, 09:56 PM
I didn't get to race this one, but I had a hell of a good time working T7 for the practice runs on Sunday morning and watching the Clarkie show in the RoR race. (You crazy bastard. :lol:)

charliec
April 29th, 2008, 04:13 AM
To All,

I think you folks put on a first class show! I wandered around on Sat and Sun and just enjoyed meeting new folks and chatting about racing. I wasn't able to race since my stuff is still in Cali but I will be in Colorado Springs in mid-May. I will certainly join you at Pueblo in June.

Looking forward to racing with you then. Thanks for the hospitality and thanks to Mark and Tammy for the burgers and dogs on Sat nite. See you all soon.

Clarkie you were amazing to watch in RoR. Good show!

bluedevil
April 29th, 2008, 06:15 AM
Oh man..!!! That sucks to hear about the truck break in at the Clarion.... I stayed there as well and I was also going to say thumbs up.. Got a great rate, good friendly service and helluva breakfast in the morn included. (Oh and they gave each person in the room a free drink at the lounge (We had 37 people in our room.. HAHA)

1ofTheBoys
April 29th, 2008, 08:26 AM
What a great weekend. That dust storm during Nov U made it hard to hold the bike up at the start but I still managed to make some headway throughout the race. Thanks to all the corner workers for sticking it out.

Turn 10 is awesome. Thanks to all who helped make the changes. And as always thanks to all the board members.

Dodd
April 29th, 2008, 02:02 PM
you mean..... VISIONS ULTRA LOUNGE?? loved the sheets hanging from the wall. No complaints though, free beer is free beer. And $49 bucks is wayyy cheap.