PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in Pueblo

Vanmar Racing
April 27th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Hey,
We spent the night at the Clarion Hotel (formerly the Pueblo Inn and Conference Ctr. and woke up this morning to the police outside our room.

Apparently some lowlifes broke the window out of a lady racers truck(Davinia ) and rifled through her truck and race trailer.

Fortunately it appears that nothing is missing, due to the fact, that she brought everything of value into her hotel room last night. (including her bike!) Her truck was right outside our window and we never heard a thing.
This has happened many times before here in Pueblo so please be aware of this fact and always take steps to protect your valubles while in Pueblo!!!

Tammy

pilot
April 27th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Now that just blows. Last year we heard of trailers and bikes getting ripped off, trucks being broken into, etc. Now, at the first race it is starting again. It is almost like the racers need to all be at one place with security and a fenced in enclosure. I hear there is an old Mormon compound up for sale. Stinking thieves.

Aracheon
April 27th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Hey,
We spent the night at the Clarion Hotel (formerly the Pueblo Inn and Conference Ctr. and woke up this morning to the police outside our room.

Apparently some lowlifes broke the window out of a lady racers truck(Davinia ) and rifled through her truck and race trailer.

Fortunately it appears that nothing is missing, due to the fact, that she brought everything of value into her hotel room last night. (including her bike!) Her truck was right outside our window and we never heard a thing.
This has happened many times before here in Pueblo so please be aware of this fact and always take steps to protect your valubles while in Pueblo!!!

Tammy

Did the hotel have security cameras in the parking lot?

glenngsxr
April 28th, 2008, 07:22 AM
It's Pueblo, what do you think? glenn #62

cromer611
April 28th, 2008, 08:19 PM
I have a sticker on my jeep "Its a Glock Thing, you wont understand" I think this wards off my jeep from being broken into, also I am sleeping inside with my glock as a pillow. So if they wanna get in, they probly will, but they wont get out. lolz

turbohoje
April 28th, 2008, 11:22 PM
maybe that says "guns in this car if you need one" to a theif?

cromer611
April 29th, 2008, 12:39 AM
well they would have a hard time getting it, sense im sleeping in the car : P

Ashli
April 29th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Thats the one good thing about sleeping at the track IMO. Don't really have to worry about those people. I'd feel really sorry for someone who came to the track and tried to do that at night, Hoopty's a light sleeper :twisted:

T Baggins
April 29th, 2008, 01:03 PM
FWIW, whenever I'm hotelling it in Pueblo (or anywhere for that matter) I always leave my stuff at the track. It's just too vulnerable parked outside of a hotel - and I trust the MRA peeps to keep an eye on my stuff.

I did share this nugget with Davina, and I suspect she'll be leaving her stuff at the track in the future.

Nice girl, by the way... Shame somebody had to bust into her shit.

KipBook
May 1st, 2008, 07:07 PM
The SOBs also hit the LaQuinta (where I stayed) and the Best Western next door! I know better than to leave any valuables in my truck! Knock on wood, I've never been burglarized. I HATE thieves!!!

dirkterrell
May 1st, 2008, 07:25 PM
I wonder if the Pueblo police could be interested in setting up a sting operation during the next races and get some of these asshats off the streets?

Earlene
May 4th, 2008, 10:49 AM
This absolutely is the worst for you as a customer, us as a track and the City of Pueblo. Yep, I'm furious. ANYONE WANTING TO LEAVE THEIR GOODS AT THE TRACK ARE WELCOME TO. I personally know the Track Manager, The security guy and myself all carry and will not have the slightest problem in taking care of this type of effin scum.

Ene

:twisted:

Aracheon
May 4th, 2008, 03:26 PM
This absolutely is the worst for you as a customer, us as a track and the City of Pueblo. Yep, I'm furious. ANYONE WANTING TO LEAVE THEIR GOODS AT THE TRACK ARE WELCOME TO. I personally know the Track Manager, The security guy and myself all carry and will not have the slightest problem in taking care of this type of effin scum.

Ene

:twisted:

This is why we love you. :D