PDA

View Full Version : WOW! Power to weight ratio limit, spec tires,and spec fuel

Jakeracer
April 18th, 2008, 11:19 AM
DMG Announces road race class structures for 2009!

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Apr/080417a.htm

giovannir6
April 18th, 2008, 05:54 PM
shit, next thing you know they're gonna eliminate all the right hand turns.

I guess whatever it takes to fill the stands and bring money into this sport is a good thing.

turbohoje
April 18th, 2008, 07:04 PM
wow, i didnt expect these changes to come on so hard and early.

will this mean a club-level supersport bike will not be competative in suberbike 600?

Clarkie
April 18th, 2008, 07:05 PM
no, a MRA Supersport bike will be VERY competitive :lol:

I like the idea of the minimum bike + rider weight, it means us fat old guys can still go to BK on the way to the track :D

cu260r6
April 18th, 2008, 10:47 PM
They want to have different qualifications for an AMA license, and they want each factory to put up at least 4 riders per class. It sounds like no privateer will have to worry about how competitive they are anymore because there won't be any on the grids.

turbohoje
April 19th, 2008, 06:41 AM
yeah thats what i heard as well. i think jim w relayed a comment about how "it wont be a sport where anybody can roll up with their truck and trailer" or something.

cu260r6
April 19th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I resent that. I'm not just an 'anybody' with a truck and trailer. I'm a nobody with a truck and trailer.

No one mentioned the riders in this calculation yet, but they're a big part of it. No major superbike rider is going to want to come to the US to race 600s in the premier class, and conversely no international series is gong to be looking to the US for talent when all our riders have ridden are 600s. There will be a talent exodus from the US.

Jon
April 19th, 2008, 07:40 PM
The good things Roger Edmonson involved, the bad things Colin Frazer's the manager. This guy thinks he's God and his word's, the gospel truth, I remember back in like 97 Pikes Peak Formula USA/ MRA round him choosing to not change the chicane that had already sent numerous riders over the handlebars due to it's narrowness, he said after hearing numerous of us riders complain how dangerous and scary it was "that's the way it is and it's going to stay that way" The following weekend during the AMA race, they changed it instantly. A manager needs to listen to the riders, he's not willing. He's a self serving inconsiderate Asshole. Otherwise I think the proposed changes and DMG'S experience will only serve to tighten the field, make it more affordable and bring the fans to the stands. I can't wait to see how the rules package and etc. unfolds though.