PDA

View Full Version : Pueblo in the Rain

TRK
April 17th, 2008, 11:57 AM
With the new turn 10, what are the chances we will race Pueblo in the rain?

bluedevil
April 17th, 2008, 12:12 PM
The corner was not the issue.. The drag racing compound was the issue.. as far as I know its still a drag strip... so Im assuming .. No go for rain....

Lel399
April 17th, 2008, 12:26 PM
The corner was not the issue.. The drag racing compound was the issue.. as far as I know its still a drag strip... so Im assuming .. No go for rain....

not a drag racing compound... the burnout compound i thought... which should no longer be an issue i think!

dragos13
April 17th, 2008, 12:29 PM
im pretty sure there will still be an issue. they paved alot of the ground, however they still have the concrete burnout boxes that you travel over just after apex. due to the rubber that has been laid down on the concrete, im sure it would still be very slick in the rain.

we are, however, more straight up and down when going over the concrete compared to before. tho, riders will now be carrying more speed and getting on the gas harder, so im sure loosing the rear will still be an issue in the rain.

T Baggins
April 17th, 2008, 12:38 PM
It doesn't rain in Pueblo. :o

bluedevil
April 17th, 2008, 01:18 PM

But it does snow.... :lol:

I wonder... now that we go faster through there... Is the wall on the outside more of a concern?

T Baggins
April 17th, 2008, 01:33 PM

But it does snow.... :lol:

I wonder... now that we go faster throuogh there... Is the wall on the outside more of a concern?

Only if you hit it! :shock: :lol:

Lel399
April 17th, 2008, 02:04 PM
I wonder... now that we go faster throuogh there... Is the wall on the outside more of a concern?

Only if you hit it! :shock: :lol:

HAHAH !

The GECCO
April 17th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Mark indicates that the line through the new paved section has you doing the bulk of the turning earlier and getting the bike pointed North sooner. This means you will be further to the right as you enter the dragstrip (Mark was consistently going to the right of the metal plate where the XMas tree goes) and will be pointed more due North than North-West as we were in the past.

The end result is that you are further from the wall, and running more parallel to it than before.

rforsythe
April 17th, 2008, 03:22 PM
FWIW, turning or not doesn't matter so much if you hit the gas on the traction compound in the rain. I watched Applehans toss his SV down the straight doing that, during a little "we wonder if someone can crash while going in a straight line on this crap" test a couple years ago.

TRK
April 17th, 2008, 06:24 PM
I know everyone has their theory, but does anyone know if we will race at Pueblo in the rain? Or will it be a wait and see thing?

rforsythe
April 17th, 2008, 08:14 PM
I know everyone has their theory, but does anyone know if we will race at Pueblo in the rain? Or will it be a wait and see thing?

If there is traction compound anywhere in the race line, the answer to your question is very likely going to be no. That isn't a theory, it's just physics.

TRK
April 17th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the physics lesson and the "likely no" answer.

Clarkie
April 18th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Just an idea, but maybe we could wet turn 10 down late Friday afternoon and send Shannon out on his SV in the wet so he can tell us how is it, then if it is safe on the SV we make him do it on his R6, and if it is safe on the 600 we send him out on Crash's 1000 :lol:

rforsythe
April 18th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Just an idea, but maybe we could wet turn 10 down late Friday afternoon and send Shannon out on his SV in the wet so he can tell us how is it, then if it is safe on the SV we make him do it on his R6, and if it is safe on the 600 we send him out on Crash's 1000 :lol:

Nah, do it on the weekend when you're charging spectator fees. I bet you can get even more people out there if you advertise that little event! :o

Jakeracer
April 18th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Not to completely hijack the thread ..but along the same lines. Glen or T-Baggins , can you please explain (for the new racers etc) the policy taken by the club in the event that Pueblo does "rain out" Now I dont want to sound like a pessimist but according to weather.com last night they are predicting rain (60%) from Thursday through Sunday.

I understand from the last cancellation we had at Pueblo due to the weather,that the club has incurred costs just getting to the track (corner workers, insurance etc) These costs can not be re-cooped and therefore no refund (race fees etc) were given to any rider if I remember right. Just thought I would get it out in the open so everybody knows what to expect in the event of a weather related cancellation.

Now excuse me while I go do a SUN dance....... 8)

TRK
April 18th, 2008, 06:48 PM

Sounds good!!!!
If I tip toe through ok, do we all race in the rain on our DOT tires?

Clarkie
April 18th, 2008, 07:03 PM
wide open Shannon, go for gold! :D

TRK
April 18th, 2008, 07:26 PM
I can't go WFO in the dry, I am too slow!