PDA

View Full Version : Practice starts

cosp600rr
April 16th, 2008, 06:29 AM
I was just wondering if there was any way that we could include a session of practice starts on sat or sunday. I am pretty weak at my starts and thought it would be nice to be able to practice wiyh the lights and everything. It would give everybody a chance to work on there launches and also get an idea on how far to go before braking for turn one. It seems as though a lot of people use there regular brake mark as if they where on a hot lap but starting from a dead stop I would think that you could go a little deeper into turn one as the speeds should be slower.

Its just a thought. Is there any time available for something like this or am I the only one who really sucks at starting?

April 16th, 2008, 07:40 AM
am I the only one who really sucks at starting?

yup, just you. :D

Tumbleweed
April 16th, 2008, 08:01 AM
This is a bad idea Matt. If you help everybody with their brake markers off the stop into turn 1, where does my advantage go. No more passing 8 guys on the brakes. You suck. :twisted:

trophywife626
April 16th, 2008, 08:24 AM
This is a bad idea Matt. If you help everybody with their brake markers off the stop into turn 1, where does my advantage go. No more passing 8 guys on the brakes. You suck. :twisted:

True... but you did get to experience the stop and go penalty due to your "anxious" start, so practicing might do you some good :wink: The practice would also be helpful for the weekends when you forget to register and have to start from dead last :shock:

Wild Cheetah 612
April 16th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Launches are the best part of my race! I will be happy to help anyone with that. Let me get with Mark Schellinger to see how we may work that out.

Jon
April 16th, 2008, 08:41 AM
The CCS SW did such a thing at the first race of the season and I thought it was pretty neat though the opportunity for frying your clutch is high. How they did it was a fifteen minute session where two by two you rolled up to the grid and were given the flag by the starter did one hot lap and either returned to the pits or returned to the grid for another go at it. I thought it pretty neat but you guys decide

Wild Cheetah 612
April 16th, 2008, 08:54 AM
I agree. You can't practice too much or you'll fry your clutch. Bring a spare if you have one. I'm hoping we can have a brief "classroom" session and then get some time to practice it "somewhere."
I posted on the Board Forum to try to work it out.

Kris
April 16th, 2008, 12:02 PM

True... but you did get to experience the stop and go penalty due to your "anxious" start, so practicing might do you some good :wink: The practice would also be helpful for the weekends when you forget to register and have to start from dead last :shock:

:lol: :lol:

Tumbleweed
April 16th, 2008, 12:56 PM
. :lol:

Man, you two are brutal. I will never forget to pre register again, but no promises on the jump start

Jon
April 16th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Hey Chris,
You keep forgetting that you quit remember? I knew it, your a lifer!

Tumbleweed
April 16th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Yes, I am a lifer. I admit it. :D I'll go as long as I possibly can.

trophywife626
April 16th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Yes, I am a lifer. I admit it. :D I'll go as long as I possibly can.

I predict you'll go until our kid is kicking your ass and you can't handle the blow to your ego :wink:

cosp600rr
April 16th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I was thinking that we could maybe do it like the ccs does but with 3 on the line. Light goes off every min or so. Thanks for looking into this.

Clarkie
April 16th, 2008, 05:17 PM
is launch control legal in the MRA if it plugs into the stock sensors? :D

dave.gallant
April 16th, 2008, 06:08 PM

Just as legal as traction control in Supersport!

Clarkie
April 16th, 2008, 06:48 PM
sweet!

cosp600rr
April 17th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Hey Chris I just want to be a braking baller like you. It would help my races a lot if I wasn't fighting my way back to where I started for 4 laps while the leaders are getting away. I remember one race where I started in the second row and was 18th coming out of turn 7. That makes racing for wins very hard.

Oh and by the way its MAT. only one T. I know its hard to grasp but I am sure you you can do it :D

Tumbleweed
April 17th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Sorry MAT :lol:

After all this time I still can't spell your name. :x

And yes Jess, when our kid is racing I will gladly stand aside when he kicks my ass at 8 years old. Hey, when our kid is 8 he will be about the size of Dingle. They will probably look the same too. :P

cosp600rr
April 18th, 2008, 06:46 AM
any news on if this is going to happen or not

OConnell
April 18th, 2008, 11:52 AM

Something that has crossed my mind, really as more of a fleeting thought than a serious idea, but I digress... Back on topic.

Is Anyone familiar with the "Holeshot" devices that are made for MotoX. It essentially is a remote release device that keeps your forks compressed during launch, to be released afterwards. It would be like strapping your forks for drag racing, but just for the launch. What would the legality of such device be if it could be fashioned to work on a sportbike?

cu260r6
April 18th, 2008, 12:51 PM
I thought about that to, but how would you do a hot lap and be able to reset it?

OConnell
April 18th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Im not sure if they can be reset remotely too. If so, you could just hold your brake and bounce the forks to get it to reset.

*EDIT*
After looking at how they work, it is spring loaded, must be pushed into place, then automatically releases the first time brakes are applied. Not sure if one person could do it while griding up.