View Full Version : Ok you MRA guys/gals

Clarkie
April 15th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Who's in!

http://www.utahsba.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8745

clowe
April 15th, 2008, 12:26 PM
I'm in!

And you need to quit being so slow if we are going to win this thing.

dave.gallant
April 15th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I'm in!

And you need to quit being so slow if we are going to win this thing.

No shit Clarkie - You are dragging our MRA team down!

( I'll play too! )

Clarkie
April 15th, 2008, 12:48 PM
ha ha ha I'm moving to Utah suckers! :lol:

JimWilson29
April 15th, 2008, 01:30 PM
i wish i hadn't ridden like a puss this past weekend or i would be in. :(

Throttleroller277
April 15th, 2008, 01:52 PM
You know I'm in! 8)

Racing616
April 16th, 2008, 10:20 PM
I would race for the MRA.....

dave.gallant
April 16th, 2008, 10:31 PM
I would race for the MRA.....

Sweet!

I bet Josh would do it too. :)

Clarkie
April 16th, 2008, 10:36 PM
sweet! we could all get matching jackets and pretend we are in a gang, or do the Reservior Dogs thing in slow motion through the pits :lol:

Jon
April 17th, 2008, 07:29 AM
This event takes place every year. The AMA sponsors four racers from every AMA sanctioned club in the nation and pays each racer a travel allowance for showing up at a track that has no club racing therefore no most laps allowance. There's little knowledge of this event because short of the CMRA in Texas it's not at all publicized by the clubs. I know this because I have represented the MRA and AHRMA in the past at this event. What do you ask is the event...........It's called the Grand Championships. It takes place at Mid Ohio Sports Car course in Lexington Ohio in Sept. This is where you up and comers can prove your metal. Mid Ohio has no club racing, is in the middle of the country (well actually more towards the norhteast part of the country , look at a map) and is a very very challenging track. It has corners, blind crests and is where many current AMA champions have proved there worth. If you look in American Motorcyclist you can find more about this event and ask either the AMA or your clubs boards what it takes to go there and receive your allowance towards getting there. The tracks a blast, the people you meet from around the country amazing and the competition gets better every year. I've tried to promote this event but have had little success but know Mike Applegate knows as he went there and can tell you more of what to expect. Millers a blast but as it's big track offers a certain most ran laps advantage to the people who race there every year, Mid O doesn't. Just my thoughts and I really appreciate my opinion being shot holes throughout as the Race of Champions(at Daytona) the Grand Nationals (at Road Atlanta) and the Ace of Clubs of whatever you choose to call it (at Miller) will offer a home club advantage the Grand Championships doesn't.

Clarkie
April 17th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Jon I have known about the Mid-O event for years, but never knew that the AMA pays travel expenses otherwise I would have gone, oh well.

The Miller thing is a race by race event, from what I gather they will have a trophy that will go back and forth each race weekend, it is just a smak talking trophy that will hopefully change to different clubs during the year. I know last year at the banquet in Utah Brownie and i were giving the Utah racers shit abotu how us Colorado guys came over and whipped up on them, it's just all in good fun :D

The next Miller round should have at least 5-10 racers from AZ, CO, Canada and as always Utah, last year there were 5-6 racers from WA that came down as well.

I do like how you can choose who is #1,2,3,4 as you could actually stage your stronger riders at the back of the grid to give the 'not as strong' riders a better chance at the start on the front row. Sort of like how at the MXDN Ricky took a 2nd row start on his 450 to give Villopoto a better shot at turn one on his 250 8)

Clarkie
April 18th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Looks like this thing is on! 8)

Post up who is going to be going to round 2 at Miller on the 3rd-4th May, it will be on the West course and is going to be a hell of a lot of fun! We had 11 (I think) racers at the first round so we should be able to have a pretty strong Team :D

Brad you gonna come out and play?

Throttleroller277
April 18th, 2008, 09:33 AM
I'm in 8)

clowe
April 18th, 2008, 01:59 PM
I'm in!

TRK
April 18th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I am in!

dave.gallant
April 18th, 2008, 07:12 PM
So, there are 4 right there.

How many per "region"?

Clarkie
April 18th, 2008, 08:36 PM
4, but i want to watch :D

Racing616
April 19th, 2008, 08:03 PM
haha, yeah Aaron, I think I can make it there ;)