PDA

View Full Version : Suspension work. Single Track Mind/ fixmybike.com

irdave
April 14th, 2008, 02:54 AM
I thought I would post up some contact information seeing as the season is closing in quickly...

The website is www.fixmybike.com and the phone number is (970) 222-9597.

We recently became an authorized Ohlins dealer, as well as doing valving and Penske shocks from GP Suspension.

Current turn around time is 24 hours on most servicing- we keep fork seals for every major bike (and some minor ones) back at least 2 generations in stock, and we have all Penske seals and the Ohlins main seals in stock. We also keep most springs in stock; 0.85, 0.90, 0.95, and 1.0 fork springs are on the shelf, as well as shock springs in 6 and 7 inch lengths between 425 lbs/in and 1000 lbs/in in 25 to 50 pound increments. (Yeah, it's a lot of springs.) Obviously we have fluid in 5, 7.5, and 10 wt, and the special shock fluid from Motorex as well.

Fork valving is taking about 3 days to get here unless we need it tomorrow, then it's here tomorrow.

For reference, the suspension on the current No. 1 plate bike consists of GP valving and springs (about $500 parts AND labor) and a Penske triple rear (about $1200. And I don't think we ever used the high-speed compression adjuster...) That's it. Well, that, and a lot of time and fine tuning.

As of right now, we're planning on being at all of the MRA rounds.

Thanks much.
dave.

Clarkie
April 14th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Huge props to Dave, I would never of had the season I did last year without his help. Trust me when I say if you think your bike is set up properly it probably isnt, I thought i knew what I was doing but when I started working with Dave last year I found I had a lot to learn and setting a bike up to go around corners properly 8)

Aracheon
April 14th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Another plug for Dave! The man did an EXCELLENT job on rebuilding the front forks on my F4i.

akuretz
April 14th, 2008, 09:14 PM
More props for Dave, he's been helping with my racing since I started 5 years ago. He's a great supporter of the sport, an excellent mechanic and technical thinker, plus a great friend too.

motobum
April 14th, 2008, 10:12 PM
if you havent talked to dave about your suspension you are missing out on alot.

dave is not going to tell you that you have to spend X amount of dollars to get you bike to handle. he will work with you to find a solution for your suspension needs. This has personally saved me money and headaches.

he is especially good a readying my horrible hand illustrations when im trying to explain what is wrong with the suspension. :D

at the very least you have to let him push on your bike before a session. i think alot of you will be surprised and very happy with the result!

giovannir6
April 15th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Dave = good