PDA

View Full Version : COLORADO CLASS?

marty
April 12th, 2008, 05:56 PM
so is anyone planning on running colorado class this year?
just curious as what the grid size needs to be to justify a grid

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
April 13th, 2008, 11:16 AM
In the rulebook, 3.2.E. talks about the number of bikes entered and what happens to the class. Traditionally, we've run races with even fewer than 6.

But if there are consistently really low entries, we'll talk with the racers about cancelling the class.

Scored51
April 13th, 2008, 02:05 PM

Definitely maybe! The Triumph Thruxtons were just added to the list of eligible bikes so would think there are a couple out there planning on running the class. It's also been added to the new race day schedule even though it became dormant in '06(?). I guess everyone just got bored of watching Tony running around by himself for seven laps.

dave.gallant
April 13th, 2008, 10:15 PM
For those who want to enter the class online, it will reappear on the pre-registration application tomorrow! :)

JWinter
April 13th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Marty, I plan on running the class. I bet Chuck will too. With you and the Truxtons we should have a grid!

Cheers, Jeff

marty
April 13th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Marty, I plan on running the class. I bet Chuck will too. With you and the Truxtons we should have a grid!

Cheers, Jeff

sweet, hopefully we can get a decent turnout, any idea on how many thruxtons there will be this year?

Scored51
April 14th, 2008, 09:11 AM
For those who want to enter the class online, it will reappear on the pre-registration application tomorrow! :)

Thanks Dave!

JWinter
April 14th, 2008, 08:54 PM
I don't know for sure about the Truxtons? The guys who ran last year usually worked on Sat. and the same is true for Chuck. I am assuming that they are burning up vacation time just like me to get some Saturdays off.

Hey Chris (Dale) are you joining us this season with the EX 500???

Did anybody build a thumper for this season??? Gallant was talking about finishing his thumper, but I haven't heard any news from him about it. Speaking of which I came back to sign up for the Colorado Class and Dave hasn't put it up yet.

dave.gallant
April 14th, 2008, 08:58 PM
I don't know for sure about the Truxtons? The guys who ran last year usually worked on Sat. and the same is true for Chuck. I am assuming that they are burning up vacation time just like me to get some Saturdays off.

Did anybody build a thumper for this season??? Gallant was talking about finishing his thumper, but I haven't heard any news from him about it. Speaking of which I came back to sign up for the Colorado Class and Dave hasn't put it up yet.

Thumper will not get done this season at least, but maybe someday.

I am working on getting it added back; working on it right now.

Scored51
April 14th, 2008, 11:46 PM

I will have the EX running at some point this season, but I need to take care of all the new transponder business first. I'm still working on that remote button to start/stop for the computer while I'm sitting on the grid. :D

marty
April 18th, 2008, 10:08 PM
sweet, online registration now includes colorado class. so hopefully the other 4 guys will sign up and we can have our own 5 bike race :lol: