PDA

View Full Version : ONLINE REGISTRATION OPENS!

Kris
April 12th, 2008, 10:00 AM
You will be able to register online today at noon. If you are having difficulty logging in or registering please let me know. Gridding is done either by points or by the time of entry; if you do not let me know you were unable to register or having difficulties until race weekend it will be considered a late entry. I go by when you notify me to determine your time of entry.

Please update your profile with your current sponsors for this year. You are responsible for ensuring the correct sponsors are listed, if they are not listed, you risk the chance of not getting paid!

I am in the process of moving therefore might not get back to you RIGHT away, so DO NOT PANIC. I will work with you based on the time you try to get in touch with me not WHEN you do. If you want to assist with the move, advancement in grids is possible :wink:.

Good luck!!

sheispoison
April 12th, 2008, 11:10 AM
So, is the your user name and password for log into pre-entry the same as it is for logging into the forums? I want to get entered as soon as I can.
Thanks,
carl

Kris
April 12th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Hi Carl,

Here is the information for setting up your account for registering.

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=3929

PLEASE NOTE: THE DATES ON THIS FORUM THAT IS BEING REFERENCED IS FOR LAST YEAR!!!

sheispoison
April 12th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Thanks Kris! It all went smooth.
carl

Jon
April 12th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Upon signing up for three races on Sunday and paying, It seems that the fees have risen a lot from last year. I thought it was voted on and agreed to be $200 for practice and three races. I know ROR's a bit more but $50 more? Not bitching but $260 for three races? Kris is this correct?

1ofTheBoys
April 13th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Kris,

How does it work if you select Autopay. At the end of registration it said I was signed up for Autopay but also gave me the option for one time pay. Do I just logout at this point? It didn't give me my total that would be charged for Autopay unless I choose the one time pay.

Please let me know if I have completed this correctly. Also how does the Autopay affect griding. Is it when I sign up for the classes or when my card is charged?

I'm not excited to go race. :D

Thanks,

mayhem
April 13th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Your Entered the following information:
this is what i got @ 2:45pm saturday the 12th......

AMA Number : 1009372
MRA Number : 228
Last Name : clark
Email : darin_maggie@comcast.net

Error -

You have entered information that does not match our records in reference to AMA number 1009372. Please check your information and try again here.

2Blue
April 13th, 2008, 08:26 PM
I'm getting the same error.

dave.gallant
April 13th, 2008, 10:09 PM
You are probably attempting to use your temporary AMA number?

If so, that is the problem. Kristina uses a different temporary number for your AMA number, so contact here to first verify your information is correct in the DB and what AMA number to use in the system.

You can update it once you have logged in the first time under the "Profile" area of the pre-reg application.

dave.gallant
April 13th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Kris,

How does it work if you select Autopay. At the end of registration it said I was signed up for Autopay but also gave me the option for one time pay. Do I just logout at this point? It didn't give me my total that would be charged for Autopay unless I choose the one time pay.

Please let me know if I have completed this correctly. Also how does the Autopay affect griding. Is it when I sign up for the classes or when my card is charged?

I'm not excited to go race. :D

Thanks,

If you are signed up for AutoPay and have a card on file, you don't have to actually pay. You can just log out and your card will be charged on the Wednesday before, and it will email you a receipt for your racing.

The AutoPay does not effect gridding - you are gridded from the time you enter, not pay. So theoretically you can enter a long time before the event, but as long as you actually pay before the Wednesday evening cut off you are given your original time of entry.

If you do not pay before the event, you will be gridded at the back no matter what. We have been using this system for close to 5 years now, and while there are still occasional problems, it is very rare and forgetting to pay for your racing before the cut off doesn't cut it as an excuse for your original grid position. Even MRA Board members have been gridded at the back due to being late for paying their entry fees.

I hope this helps answer your questions. :)

1ofTheBoys
April 13th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Yes it does thank you. Is there a way that the total for the race be shown on the page that says you are signed up for autopay and log out? The only way I knew my total was by clicking one time pay.
Thanks,

Kris
April 14th, 2008, 09:54 AM

Error -

You have entered information that does not match our records in reference to AMA number 1009372. Please check your information and try again here.
Darin,

Did you receive my message?

Kris
April 14th, 2008, 09:55 AM
I'm getting the same error.

Please send me an email or PM if you are still receiving this error.

Thanks!

DingleBerns
April 14th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Just passing this along from what Kris just told me.

If you choose autopay, and register for all the 10 races, the wednesday before race #1, it will charge for all ten races and not just race #1. So if you do it this way and don't have a credit limit that will allow that much money, you credit card will be declined, which means you haven't paid, and probably pulled from the grid.....

Dingle

T Baggins
April 14th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Not sure that's accurate Bernsie. I think it pulls the Wednesday before "each" race - at some random time. It doesn't charge your card for the whole season...

DingleBerns
April 14th, 2008, 10:57 AM
You are correct! You are placed according to when you register, HOWEVER if you don't pay prior to online registration being taken offline it will consider you as not paid therefore you will be taken off the grids. Once you pay you will be placed on the grid as late entry. Does that make sense??

The ONLY problem I have seen with the autopay thing was when someone entered into all their races for the year and was doing autopay. They then maxed our their credit card therefore the payment didn't go through.

:?

dave.gallant
April 14th, 2008, 10:59 AM

If you choose autopay, and register for all the 10 races, the wednesday before race #1, it will charge for all ten races and not just race #1. So if you do it this way and don't have a credit limit that will allow that much money, you credit card will be declined, which means you haven't paid, and probably pulled from the grid.....

Dingle

This is absolutely incorrect.

You pay per-weekend. If you sign up for AutoPay, it will only charge the "next" weekend, not ALL weekends.

If you have a credit card on file, but no racing to pay for either because you are all paid up or have not registered for the "next" race, your card will not be charged.

No matter what, you will only ever be charged 1 weekend at a time, and it will be the Wednesday before each event.

dave.gallant
April 14th, 2008, 10:59 AM
You are correct! You are placed according to when you register, HOWEVER if you don't pay prior to online registration being taken offline it will consider you as not paid therefore you will be taken off the grids. Once you pay you will be placed on the grid as late entry. Does that make sense??

The ONLY problem I have seen with the autopay thing was when someone entered into all their races for the year and was doing autopay. They then maxed our their credit card therefore the payment didn't go through.

:?

Probably because it was being charged throughout the year but they didn't pay their bill through the year!

DingleBerns
April 14th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks for clarification Dave. I guess I'm too excited to actually read the post correctly.....

Kris
April 14th, 2008, 12:08 PM
If I did autopay, it won't charge till the Tuesday before the race. However I am registered for my classes. Am I all set for the grid, or I won't be placed until that Tuesday which means I move further into the back of the pack...?

Thanks!

Dingle

Berns - You got me sooooo confused on how you quoted me! :shock: Here is the original messages for clarification.

Sorry for the confusion.

Kris
April 14th, 2008, 12:41 PM

Dingle

I never stated that. Watch how you quote me or you might end up at the back of the grids!!!! :lol: :wink:

Throttleroller277
April 14th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Ohhhhh! DingleBerns! 8)

DingleBerns
April 14th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Sorry, I guess this was the wrong thread to look for battalax's....stupid me!

Throttleroller277
April 14th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Don't try to redeem yourself now by diversion Dingle!!! 8)

mayhem
April 14th, 2008, 05:30 PM

Error -

Darin,

got your message, and i'm still getting the same error.......and no my ama # is not temporary, i have my ama competition license in my hand....

Kris
April 14th, 2008, 10:52 PM

Error -

Darin,

got your message, and i'm still getting the same error.......and no my ama # is not temporary, i have my ama competition license in my hand....

Darin,

I created an account for you. Use the username and password that I emailed you. You shouldn't have any trouble with those.

mayhem
April 15th, 2008, 10:37 AM

Error -

Darin,

Darin,

I created an account for you. Use the username and password that I emailed you. You shouldn't have any trouble with those.

worked great......thank you.........