PDA

View Full Version : So shoot straight with me here, 1st season on a 1K??

Thadius
April 10th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Alright, I thinkg I know but want to here it from experience.

I am , of course, new to the racing circuit and could use some good feedback. I have a 2007 ZX10R and REALLY do not want to give it up. I have been riding for years on bigger bikes and have built a good comfort zone. I would like to get out of that comfort zone and see how my skill set translates to the track. I will be practicing this year (and workin some corners) and getting my comp. license next season. Am I out of my fliipin mind to start in the open class?

What is a guy to do? Sell and get a 600/750 track bike? What's the competition like in each class? I plan on, and have accepted, getting passed my first times out regardless of bike but what gives? Is it naive or even responsible to get into my first season on a Litre Bike? I have heard "Do It if you know the bike" and "You'll get your ass handed to you" all in the same day. (Thanks M, luv ya ;) :?: Thanks, That Guy

bluedevil
April 10th, 2008, 09:47 AM
(Move this to New Racer Q&A)

No its not crazy.. Lots of folks do it... Just plan on sitting around all day... There arent many classes as a Novice you can race on a 1K....

Open Endurance
Novice GTO
AM GTO....
Sportsman if you are over the time elimination

Thats it........ Most newbies run a 600 cause they can run tons of classes.... You then qualify for:

Nov U
Nov O
AM GTU
AM GTO
Possibly sportsman again

MW Endurance
HW Endurance or Open (but not both)

If you are good at a 1K and you enjoy it... Race it...

Thadius
April 10th, 2008, 09:47 AM
So I am an ass and will move this to the appropriate topic section.... :oops:

If you were thinking of replying do not let me, r-tard , discourage you. Thx

Thadius
April 12th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Your my boy blue!
Thanks for the heads up.