PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Bike around 3k or less

kennyfish
April 4th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Guys Im trying to find a bike that I can ride for a season until I can purchase a new bike, let me know what you got, Im looking around 3500 and less.

Im def looking for a sportbike, with a clean title if around my price limit.

--kenny

DingleBerns
April 4th, 2008, 09:22 PM
are you looking for a fully prepared race bike or a street bike?

Dingle

kennyfish
April 4th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Im looking for any bike at this moment.

Wild Cheetah 612
April 5th, 2008, 06:28 PM
How new do you want?
Are you fast and want something newer, or just trying to get your feet wet and want to do it cheap on something older or small?

kennyfish
April 5th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Well Ive rode for a quiet a while, I want to go fast.

kennyfish
April 5th, 2008, 07:21 PM
I really think I want a track bike I want to be able to ride the bike to its potential.

Dodd
April 5th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Just my .02,

I'm a fairly new racer but have about the same experience you do. I rode liter bikes on the streets and canyons so I assumed I needed a liter bike for racing. So I bought and built a 1000 Zuk.

I can tell you that while I don't "Regret" starting on a 1000, I wish I would have started with a 600, and an already built race bike. I would have saved a lot of money versus building one, and my learning curve would be a lot gentler.

Wrestling that 150 HP bike around the track (For a newby) has been quite a trick. Maybe I need to buy one of T's TZs! or better yet, down grade to a 450 single. Now that would be fun.

Dodd

Moto-Mania
April 6th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Just my .02,

I'm a fairly new racer but have about the same experience you do. I rode liter bikes on the streets and canyons so I assumed I needed a liter bike for racing. So I bought and built a 1000 Zuk.

I can tell you that while I don't "Regret" starting on a 1000, I wish I would have started with a 600, and an already built race bike. I would have saved a lot of money versus building one, and my learning curve would be a lot gentler.

Wrestling that 150 HP bike around the track (For a newby) has been quite a trick. Maybe I need to buy one of T's TZs! or better yet, down grade to a 450 single. Now that would be fun.

Dodd

Ditto that with my R1.
Start small and you'll have more fun, learn faster, and have smaller laundry bills.

froth
April 8th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Check out SVrider.com. They have a for sale section, and a slightly older SV will be a great learner bike, and then Shannon M. can beat the crap out of you on his! Nothing like thinking "Geeze, I am SCREAMING around one faster than I've ever gone. I must be some ne rock go.....Damnit Moham, I appreciate the thumbs up mid corner after you pass me, but please, my kids are watching."

Seriously, it's a relatively inexpensive machine to race/maintain.

Wild Cheetah 612
April 8th, 2008, 06:30 PM
After listening to what you want to do and where you're at, I think for $3800, this is your best deal. I also know the players in the sale of this bike and they will treat you right!
http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=5154

froth
April 9th, 2008, 06:20 AM
I agree with our lovely Rider Rep, $3800.00 is a very nice price for a well sorted out bike (just don't expect to jump on it and cut times like Spanky right out of the gate. Dude is fast.) Of course, I still stand by my SV comments for learning.