I've been to Laguna Seca for a parade lap, and was thinking that it
could be a way that we apply it to the MRA. Everyone signs a waiver at
the gait anyway, and an extra $50.00 can go to the new track for people who
want to check out our tracks.

what a y think ??

Tom

Lel399
April 3rd, 2008, 09:22 AM
thats not a bad idea... obviously we couldnt charge $50 like laguna :) lol but my initial thought is whats the liability and would the MRA insurance be able to cover it? I think the laguna one you had to be an AMA member, wasnt it?

Jason

The GECCO
April 3rd, 2008, 09:37 AM
Good idea. We have done parade laps in the past, but as a tribute to fallen riders.

I think if it were promoted as a fundraiser we could get spectators and racers involved. Whaddya think is reasonable? $5 - $10 per bike? We could just have them drop the dough in a helmet as they roll onto the hot lane, and have a couple of groups led by control riders.

Jon
April 3rd, 2008, 09:38 AM
I remember the first year they did that at Laguna, some goofball on a sportbike decided to be a smart guy and took some couple out on a goldwing. That was at Laguna. Pueblo's a much narrower track wityh not as much roomn to accomidate traffic. That would be my concern. If you've ever rode at Laguna there's multiple line choices (though not all are correct) at Pueblo not that many which doesn't play well with the speed differential that your likely to see. I think it maybe doable but you'd need to police it well. Just my two cents........

T Baggins
April 3rd, 2008, 10:07 AM
Killjoy here.

They would have to be AMA members, and sign the onion skins like everyone else in addition to the gate waiver. OTW our insurance won't cover it.

Ashli
April 3rd, 2008, 10:10 AM
I remember the first year they did that at Laguna, some goofball on a sportbike decided to be a smart guy and took some couple out on a goldwing. That was at Laguna. Pueblo's a much narrower track wityh not as much roomn to accomidate traffic. That would be my concern. If you've ever rode at Laguna there's multiple line choices (though not all are correct) at Pueblo not that many which doesn't play well with the speed differential that your likely to see. I think it maybe doable but you'd need to police it well. Just my two cents........

I remember that too! Freakin' idiot! Dave and I couldn't believe our eyes. :shock:

tomtom
April 3rd, 2008, 04:44 PM
yeah, there's always the issue of a squid-wannabe getting his 15 minutes
of shame or fame for lunch-time entertainment. Control bikes - thats good too, probably
a very good device.

Wahooman
April 4th, 2008, 11:16 PM

We did this for Gene tribute, lots of bikes, scooters, etc...... No concern for speed variations really. There are leaders taking the pack around...if I recall I might have gotten all the way up to 20MPH or so...LOL

Jon
April 5th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Yeah I'm a Killjoy too, I'd say try it once see how it goes then determine from there. The AMA's not going to be real thrilled with the idea as Pueblo's not exactly Mid Ohio, Laguna or Daytona,Wait a minute, there's no fan rides at Daytona cause you gotta be doing bout sixty on the banking but at least it's got the width. I have serious issues but if you can have somewhat experienced riders with enough control it may indeed help sweeten the pot and help us see HPR open this year. This indeed maybe an idea to be spread amongst the other car race club as well.