PDA

View Full Version : TURN TEN

Mark Schellinger
March 29th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Well Boys and Girls,

The new turn ten isn't working out the way we (Pueblo Motorsports Park) had planned.

When I watched bikes go through it on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, I was kinda glad my bike was in the trailer. Pretty scary looking.

In addition PMP had several cars at the track during this past week, and it doesn't work for them at all.

Soooo, at the board meeting last night we (the PMP board of directors)voted to spend more money we don't have, and re-pave the original turn ten as we all know it and love it. Also some minor modifications to the cement pads that are around that area to make it smoother. Can you dig it, SMOOTHER.

It looks like this will take place between April 1st and April 4th.

There ya have it.

Love ya'll
Mark E Mark

Wild Cheetah 612
March 29th, 2008, 07:53 PM
That's AWESOME!!!!!
Is PMP going to move the burnout boxes and light post up a little farther, too?

Jon
March 30th, 2008, 08:38 AM
You are kidding right?

motobum
March 30th, 2008, 09:24 AM
any chance of a inside curb on nine?

froth
March 30th, 2008, 09:30 AM
So let me get this straight:
I sucked in 10 in the origional configuration.

I would have sucked in the new one.

I'll still suck in the return to the old one.

Consistancy counts!!!!

iN ALL seriousness. I appreciate the fact that you all are putting in the effort to make 10 the best we can make it. This is a ton of work, to say the least. Thanks!

Lel399
March 30th, 2008, 11:54 AM
wow that is HUGE!...

The effort and energy that Earlene, Jay, Mark and everyone on the PMP board put in goes to shows how much Pueblo is willing to do to make racers happy. Thats pretty impressive.

Thank you!

Jason

PMPJAY
March 31st, 2008, 10:32 AM
No, the light tower stays, the burnout boxes will no longer be a factor going back to the original turn 10 configuration so no we're not moving them. We are looking at some apex curb options for turn 9.

motobum
March 31st, 2008, 11:57 AM
We are looking at some apex curb options for turn 9.

Awesome!!

thanks Jay

d2dracer
March 31st, 2008, 11:59 AM
So since it is scheduled for Apr 1-4, does that mean no trackday on Friday :(

rforsythe
March 31st, 2008, 02:39 PM
Hell even smoothing it out and eliminating the years of traction compound that have been deposited there will make a big difference.

If the pavement there won't turn to Teflon Snot when it gets the slightest bit of moisture on it, will the MRA consider wet racing at Pueblo?

marty
March 31st, 2008, 06:25 PM

i asked earlene about that today and she said there will not be a trackday on friday

rforsythe
March 31st, 2008, 08:25 PM

i asked earlene about that today and she said there will not be a trackday on friday

Better now than the middle of race season!

Earlene
April 1st, 2008, 05:00 AM
PMP WILL BE CLOSED APRIL 1-4 FOR RE-PAVING OF THE OLD LINE AT TURN 10.

WE TRULY APPRECIATE YOU, OUR CUSTOMERS AND YOUR PATIENCE WHILE WE CORRECT AN ERROR ON OUR PART

Earlene

bluedevil
April 1st, 2008, 06:59 AM
Wonderful news.... My fingers are tightly crossed.. Turn 10 was as scary as I have seen it yesterday... I slipped going through there every single time no matter how slow or what line I tried. Saw countless riders off the end in the dirt (luckily no one I saw actually fell) ..... I actually went out on T10 and walked it a few dozen times in the AM... I didnt acutally realize how many obstacles and holes there are in that turn.. Its amazing to me anyone makes it through that thing at all.... I think walking it made things worse for me... I may have been better off not knowing what that corner actually looks like... Thank you guys for all the effort you have put into the track to make improvements........

Side bar: Love the puurty new painted curbs..... and I will keep tight in mind to avoid the new wavey pavement on the exit of T8.... Looks very "aggressive" indeed....

Dodd
April 5th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Saw countless riders off the end in the dirt (luckily no one I saw actually fell) .....

I was just taking a short cut to the lake! :lol:

Doughboy
April 7th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Any pics or updates regarding Turn #10 mods round #2 :?:

Mark Schellinger
April 7th, 2008, 10:49 AM
OMG

I was at the track yesterday evening.

Turn ten is SICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have any pic's, but I walked around on it for a while.
I didn't want to leave.
They even paved the area between the metal plates.
We are gonna be able to drag our knee, big time.

Did I say SICK
I meant EFFIN SICK

glenngsxr
April 7th, 2008, 10:52 AM
that is effin sick twice over.

dragos13
April 7th, 2008, 10:53 AM
OMG

I was at the track yesterday evening.

Turn ten is SICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have any pic's, but I walked around on it for a while.
I didn't want to leave.
They even paved the area between the metal plates.
We are gonna be able to drag our knee, big time.

Did I say SICK
I meant EFFIN SICK

BAD ASS, Thank you PMP!!!

cu260r6
April 7th, 2008, 12:31 PM
AWESOME! Can't wait to ride it.

Mark is there a concern that with the increased entry speeds and any differences in line hitting the wall on the exit might be more of a problem?

Mark Schellinger
April 7th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Charles
It is possible, if someone is off line too much and fall down you could get into the wall, or if handlebars tangle.

We will still air fence it.

I think with the smoothness, we will be more in control than before.
I think it looks safer than it did, but the wall hasn't changed.

Before, on the original turn my line was to split the two metal plates, when I looked at it last night with out any cones set up, it looked like I would want to go to the right of both metal plates. That would make it less likely to get next to the wall. Only thing is I was standing still, instead of railing third gear in to it, it will probably look a little different with a bunch of MPH's :)

We will need to set out some cones, otherwise we would come to close to the tire wall that guards the tower. The newest pavement comes within inches of those tires.

I can't wait. hoo hoo blackies hooooo
:twisted: :twisted:

Doughboy
April 7th, 2008, 01:57 PM
I realize the asphault is still warm, but does this potentially mean we'll race rain or shine @ Pueblo now? :D

polar x
April 7th, 2008, 04:27 PM
I realize the asphault is still warm, but does this potentially mean we'll race rain or shine @ Pueblo now? :D

I doubt it, due to the fact that the traction compound they use is on the track clear past the starting line we use. So it would be slick past the new asphalt. JMO though, so Mark could answer it better.

kfm61
April 7th, 2008, 08:18 PM
wow, turn 10 smooth and faster? Dang, the bumps there were the only reason the Thruxton would spin up at all. Now I'll be reminded that I'm still slow ALL the way around the track!