PDA

View Full Version : newbies.....How did you find the MRA?

glenngsxr
March 26th, 2008, 01:47 PM
This thread is for newbies only. I want to get some data on how the newbies found the MRA. In particular......
How long have you been in Colorado?
How long did it take you to hear about the MRA?
How did you hear about the MRA?
Are you satisfied with the help you are receiving and what was the biggest inhibitor to getting you guys to the track?

Glenn #62

DingleBerns
March 26th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Last year I heard about the MRA through Ricky Orlando after I took his school and wanted to take it to the next level...
Money was my dilemma but I managed to make it to the track every race...

ChickenStrip
March 26th, 2008, 02:09 PM
I have been living in Colorado for 3 years now. I started riding with someone here that I worked with and we went to a couple of MRA races at pueblo.

So from talking with the racers that we met at the track and from looking at the website we got enough info to start racing ourselves.

Everyone that I talked with is more than willing to help out however they can. I also call Mike at Faster like everyday asking him questions and is always super helpful.

I think the biggest inhibitor for me was thinking that I was going to embarrass myself on the track and just get into everyones way. Once I was shown what the proper line was, from the race class, I started to feel pretty good out there.

d2dracer
March 26th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I heard about the MRA from the Colorado Sport Bike website about 6 months after I started riding. Took me 2 years to actually join. So far every body has been really helpful. The biggest inhibitor would have to be that right now there is really only one track for racing motorcycles in Colorado.

sheispoison
March 26th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I moved to Colorado this past October. Long before I moved I hunted on the internet for clubs to do track days and came across the MRA. At that time I was very unsure I was ready to race and it wasn't until I did Bob's track day in November and pretty much everyone I talked to asked me if I was going to race so I decided I'd give it a shot. Since then every MRA racer I've met has been really cool to me and helped me out any way they could. I've gotten tons of help from Mike Applehans and the guys at faster, and at the track Jeff Brown has taught me a tremendous amount. I can't wait to race this season. The only thing keeping me from the track is money (which may not be so bad if I can keep the parts of the bike that aren't supposed to hit the ground from smashing into it).
carl

d_mob
March 27th, 2008, 11:12 AM
I moved to Colorado about two years ago and after dodging trees, sand, gravel, crazy women in SUV's, etc, I decided to take it to the track.

I started at IMI, which is where I met Casey and Ara (my current teammates). They introduced me to the MRA and invited me to become involved not only in the organization, but offered to mentor me as well.

Lucky me! :D

dlabout
April 1st, 2008, 07:56 AM
Glen,
I was born and raised. I heard about the MRA back in 1993. In those days I loved to ride but couldn't afford to race. I didn't really have any idea about going to races or supporting them through corner work.
It wasn't until I joined the BMW riders group that I ran into a club member who used to run the MRA back in the day. I forget her name but that spurred me on to start doing corner work. From there I decided that I wanted to get on the track. Although, I'm more of a passing exercise for the rest of the field I'm out having fun and spending money like water.
Let me know if you have any questions.

-Doug