PDA

View Full Version : Supermoto Race Sunday!

willionaire
March 25th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Hey Guys (and Berns),
There is a Rocky Mountain Supermoto race this Sunday at IMI. Come out and warm up for the MRA season by slidin' your dirt bike around. Tons of classes for all makes, models, and experience levels. Chicks dig supermoto racers. You can even find out the secret to how Schellinger keeps his hair shiny and full!

gsnyder828
March 25th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Chicks dig supermoto racers.

Chicks seemed to like roadracers just fine until you went and switched to supermoto...

I might come out to watch. What time do the races start?

willionaire
March 25th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Hey Geoff how ya been?

The heat races start at 9:30am and the mains at 11:30am.

Here is the link to the race day:
http://www.rmsupermoto.org/_assets/pdf/08%20forms/Race%20Day%20Schedule.pdf

dave.gallant
March 25th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Supermoto ROCKS!

(although I don't know why those guys stick their foot out! :) )

willionaire
March 25th, 2008, 07:15 PM
From what I've heard Clarkie goes pretty damn good with his feet on the pegs. Hopefully I'll get to witness it this weekend. Leave it to a roadracer to smoke the supermoto guys at their own game. :D

dave.gallant
March 25th, 2008, 07:25 PM
From what I've heard Clarkie goes pretty damn good with his feet on the pegs. Hopefully I'll get to witness it this weekend. Leave it to a roadracer to smoke the supermoto guys at their own game. :D

I kicked that old guy's butt on a motard!!

Ask him. If he says otherwise, he is lying.

:D

(fwiw: Neither of us take our feet off the pegs. And we "don't do dirt" :) )

Clarkie
March 25th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Hopefully I'll get to witness it this weekend.

wont happen

dimick27
March 25th, 2008, 11:03 PM
oh come on clarkie you gotta make an appearance :D ... ive been trying to talk benalicious into it for two weeks now and i think hes gonna wimp out.

ps how did az go??

Clarkie
March 26th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Hey Dalton,

AZ was fun, tough going back and forth from the tard to the SBK but we got it figured out and made some good money down there 8) As much as I would love to go play with Geoff in the Colorado class, no RMS for me. Besides, everyone keeps telling me 'real' supermoto racers put their foot out and I dont want to stub my toe :lol:

Doughboy
March 26th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Do you have to prep a street legal Supermoto to ride there the same way you prep a sportbike to run @ Pueblo? Tape of lights, replace coolant w/water, etc?

willionaire
March 26th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Here are the minimum tech requirements off the website. We can help with all of this if you need it as well as the fact it can be taken care of very easily.

Coolant must be replaced with water or water/water wetter or similar mixture. Oil fill and drain plugs should be secured with silicon sealant, at a minimum, although safety wire is highly recommended. All carburetor vent lines and crankcase vent lines must be routed to a durable catch can of adequate volume.

Pretty much just no antifreeze and an overflow can and your good.

Jon
March 27th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Alright I'll do it. Do I need a license?

Clarkie
March 27th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Alright I'll do it. Do I need a license?

hey Jon, missed your call this AM, check this link out

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showpost.php?p=281448&postcount=11

willionaire
March 27th, 2008, 09:19 AM
HI Jon,

There is no pre-entry so just show up at registration between 7-8am and buy a day pass license for $15.

Here is a link for all the forms.

http://www.rmsupermoto.org/rules/rules.html

Jon
March 27th, 2008, 10:05 AM
That's the plan what license should I get? I've got very little experience on a SuperMotard bike as a matter a fact I took it out the first time on Maonday and did like three 10 lap sessions, suspensions stock.??

willionaire
March 27th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Heck I'm in the same boat. Just bought a tard and have only been on it twice. I would say run novice and during practice if your smoking guys bump up to expert. The club is much smaller than the MRA so that change could take place between practice sessions.

Better yet...buy a full race season membership and come run with us all year! I think only a few rounds conflict with the MRA. The more you run the more chaces you have to win that brand new KTM we are giving away at the banquet.

mayhem
March 27th, 2008, 10:28 AM
isn't this a roadracing forum?

dave.gallant
March 27th, 2008, 10:36 AM

Yes, and Supermoto discussions are more than welcome.

hcr25
March 27th, 2008, 10:39 AM

Supermoto also race on roadrace courses :wink:

dave.gallant
March 27th, 2008, 10:52 AM

It is the only sport where Mike and I can run off the pavement onto the dirt and have a valid excuse!

hcr25
March 27th, 2008, 10:57 AM
And "BUMP" into people!

willionaire
March 27th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Hey I can't wait to roadrace at HPR.... :D (forum requirements satisfied!)

Ok then so Jon just call me if you have any questions.
(303) 919-4915

Clarkie
March 27th, 2008, 11:39 AM

I roadraced on a supermoto track but aparently i was doing it wrong :lol:

mayhem
March 27th, 2008, 11:48 AM
ok all satisfied for forum criteria .......

willionaire
March 27th, 2008, 11:51 AM
ok all satisfied for forum criteria .......

I thought you'd like that :D

motobum
March 27th, 2008, 01:00 PM
is there a website that has a schedule on it for the day? and classes?

willionaire
March 27th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Hey Benny,

Here is the link to the site with all the info. Feel free to call me direct with any questions. (303) 919-4915

http://www.rmsupermoto.org/

dimick27
March 27th, 2008, 01:55 PM
oh clarkie your being too bitter :lol: last i saw, you were draggin a knee whooping everyones butt out there so i say F$#k the critics... if it works for you than keep with it. except it might get a little tricky if you try and drag a knee when you get in the dirt :wink:

Bueller999
March 27th, 2008, 04:56 PM

I roadraced on a supermoto track but aparently i was doing it wrong :lol:

Yeah you aren't very good at it either :lol:

:roll: Same crap, different forum

froth
March 27th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Jeeze guys, give me a break. I'm trying to buy a TL1000 to race STO and a couple other things in addition to STU, and pay for a wedding. Now I gotta (okay, you got me, WANNA) get a 450 'tard, since my efforts on the 520 with the 21/18 combo was, shall we say, pathetic. I think Chris Fuller whupped me on his zr50!

I'll try and make one of these weekends as soon as I can, unfortunately, I'm working through this one, to pay for the track day on Monday.

Have a blast all, and know I'll be sweating like a horse and totally jealous!!!