PDA

View Full Version : Time to Step Up! We Need You!

Wild Cheetah 612
March 25th, 2008, 03:42 PM
The PR Committee needs you for two different activities.

1) Adopt-A-Novice Program This involves just as it says, adopt a brand new racer for two or three race weekends to help out with our MRA rituals and routines and any other little issues that pop up.

1) MRA Meet and Greet Events at local shops We're not asking you to drive far, just to the shops near you when we have an event there. Bring you bike and your charm to talk to potential racers, spectators, and cornerworkers.

As an extension of or precursor to this activity, if you are able to take your bike to the shop near you or that sponsors you to be on display to the customers, it would most certainly be beneficial to you, the MRA, and the shop.

Please post on this thread or PM me if you would be interested in these activities. Thanks!

DingleBerns
March 25th, 2008, 04:23 PM
I'm sure Jim Wilson and I can do a Grand Prix Motorsports event...

dave.gallant
March 25th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Could you post up the events and locations?

Mark N and I did one of these a while back for Colorado Powersports on 104th and it was cool.

http://www.12pointracing.com/albums/displays/P6220101.jpg

hcr25
March 25th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Could you post up the events and locations?

Mark N and I did one of these a while back for Colorado Powersports on 104th and it was cool.

http://www.12pointracing.com/albums/displays/P6220101.jpg

that looks way back in the day :)

Throttleroller277
March 25th, 2008, 05:06 PM
I am going to get a hold of Greg at Co Pow today to find out if they are interested, and dates.

dave.gallant
March 25th, 2008, 06:44 PM
[quote=MotoSix]Could you post up the events and locations?

that looks way back in the day :)

What gave that away? The Ducati, or the bodywork on the GSXR? :) :)

Wild Cheetah 612
March 25th, 2008, 07:01 PM
We're working on dates and locations, now. I'll post up when we've got some hard dates.

d2dracer
March 25th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Trust me... I definitly need all the help I can get lol. So the adopt a novice program is a good idea!

Wild Cheetah 612
March 25th, 2008, 07:07 PM
For sure. If you want to be a novice to be adopted, post up.

DingleBerns
March 25th, 2008, 08:09 PM
I think brownie already has maybelline!

JimWilson29
March 25th, 2008, 09:24 PM
I think brownie already has maybelline!

Dingleberns are you having seperation anxiety now that Maybelline is moving in on your action?

mayhem
March 26th, 2008, 06:23 AM
well whoever has me, i need a hug...and i need you to change my tires and wash my bike cause i'm not sure how to do that....

Throttleroller277
March 26th, 2008, 09:03 AM
and i need you to change my tires and wash my bike cause i'm not sure how to do that....

I've got something you can wash. 8)

mayhem
March 26th, 2008, 09:58 AM
bring it over here to my coffee shop cause i got a high pressure car wash next door,,,if you lose any skin i take no responsibility....

Wild Cheetah 612
March 26th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Alright, children, if you guys are going to play on my thread then I'm volunteering you help out!

JimWilson29
March 26th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Alright, children, if you guys are going to play on my thread then I'm volunteering you help out!

Dingleberns already beat you to it.

Clarkie
March 26th, 2008, 12:42 PM

I thought you guys were Team Mates Jim 8)

JimWilson29
March 26th, 2008, 01:29 PM

I thought you guys were Team Mates Jim 8)

Nope...I adopted a novice for a team mate this season; Timmy the "Can". He just needs to stop falling down in the new turn 10. :D

Berns is too much of a rock star nowadays. I think Brownie is the only person that can keep up with him. 8)

JimWilson29
March 27th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Donna, Have you come up with the schedule for the "Meet and Greets"?

froth
March 27th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Hey Donna:

I'll be happy to show a novice the ropes. Teri will be one, and another will simply add to the fun. I can show them how to:
i. get lapped.
ii. run off the track
iii. spend an hour trying to figure out how come the damned generator keeps popping breakers.
iv. run off turn one at Pueblo.
v. Spend an entire weekend having so much fun with friends, give gap/lap info while cheering so loud the voice box bleeds for three days after, and look forward to the next one.
vi. Make money betting what time Crash shows up and hits the hay before sleeping through the mandatory rider's meeting.
vii. Hopefully get to enjoy Chris and Big Mike, two of the most insanely generous people you will ever be around.
viii. learn by teaching and marvel at the diversity around this awsome group of nut jobs.
ix. Time out of Sportsman, and frantically search for a different race to take it's place, and go back and cheer like a nut again for all your new friends still in Sportsman.
x. Race in (depending on chromosome arrangement) or cheer on/take part as an umbrella boy in our newest and definitely sexiest class Ladies of the Rockies!

Ok, the short version. I'm in

Scored51
March 27th, 2008, 09:14 PM
iv. run off turn one at Pueblo.

Hey, I've got that one covered in spades. Front side, back side - braking (or not as the case may be), accelerating. The advanced instruction includes making friends with the paramedics and not remembering it. And a graduate course in thinking it all wasn't that big of a deal because, after all, you can't remember it.

OConnell
March 28th, 2008, 08:31 AM
You can put me down if you can find a novice willing to pair up with me.

Justin

JohnGarc
March 28th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Yeah, me too. I would like a superhero to help me this year... I am also willing in return to help you guys out as much as I can. Running errands, you know the Intern stuff.

Thanks,
John Garcia
garcia_john@comcast.net
(720) 436-9354

99 black Gixxer with yellow numberplates who was at race school on 22nd.

glenngsxr
March 28th, 2008, 02:08 PM
nice talking to you John. Look forward to seeing you on Monday. glenn #62

JohnGarc
March 28th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Nice talking to you to... See ya Monday.

John