PDA

View Full Version : yes....I fell down LoL

The GECCO
March 25th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Well, I know this is a story that will live FOREVER, and I know I've only seen the tip of the iceberg of the amount of grief I'm going to get this season. I'm actually surprised that nothings been posted yet....but I've gotten a few calls, emails, etc and it seems very few people have the correct story, so here it is:

During the school on Saturday I was out with two students. They had both listed themselves as "fast" and lived up to it, so we had a pretty good pace going. I had one student in front of me and the other behind. The student behind me had been having trouble with 6A and 6B so as we exited 6B and headed for the button-hook I took a glance behind me to check on him.

When I turned back around, the student in front of me had slowed dramatically and I was caught off guard. I tried to go around the outside but I grabbed too much brake and lowsided. It turns out that the reason the rider slowed is that his bike died, something in the tip-over switch circuit tripped/failed and cut the ignition.

A lot of people thought we collided and both crashed because both bikes came in on the crash cart, but I am the only one who went down. His bike came in on the cart because it wouldn't run. They eventually found the problem and were able to get his bike running again so he could finish the class.

The worst part? Because my motor is still hurt from last spring, I was riding Mark Schellinger's R1 :( Nothing like crashing a borrowed bike! As you would expect, though, Mark took the whole thing in stride, and I'll do whatever it takes to make the bike right again.

No injuries, just a little soreness and a bruise on my ego :oops: Big props to the student behind me (Joe C.) for not running me over, it was kinda close.

Mark Schellinger
March 25th, 2008, 11:45 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

It HAD brand new rear-sets on it.
I never even got to try them out.

I know Glenn "the bike killer", "bodywork smashing",
"paint murderer" will make it right,
but looks like a roll of blue duct tape for next Monday.

Ray-Ray
March 25th, 2008, 11:53 AM
New Windscreen =$ 100
New rear sets = $600
New Plastic = $1000
Instructor Crashing and NOT taking out his student = PRICELESS!

Just glad no body got hurt!

d2dracer
March 25th, 2008, 11:55 AM
I wasn't gonna say anything, but that whole deal was such a drag....

JoeCat
March 25th, 2008, 12:08 PM
So there I was...screwing up the 6's all day. And just when I perfected the line and wanted my instructor to see it, where was he...sliding on the ground in front of me. While running him over would have been the easy thing to do...he is the prez...and I thought better of it. Glad no one was hurt and I got a very good lesson on nose wheelee-ing.

Thanks for a great day Glen and Mark.

JoeCat

dragos13
March 25th, 2008, 12:14 PM
watching the president of the club coming up to mark like a beaten puppy with his tail between his legs was priceless.

Glenn, glad you were able to walk away with no physical injuries.

Mark, you needed some track bodywork anyways lol.

VParra '06EquipMgr
March 26th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Working the Crash Cart that day the results as as follows:
Student Racers = 4 vs. Racing Instructors = 1