PDA

View Full Version : UPdate on Boots... He needs our help!!!

Vanmar Racing
March 23rd, 2008, 08:54 PM
Hey Everyone,

I talked to Boots today and he is home!
He really needs our help right now with different things like rides to the doctors, meals, house chores, groceries, etc.

It would be great if we could set up a volunteer schedule.

What I was thinking is if we could get volunteers to visit him 3 times a day and help fix him breakfast , lunch and dinner.

Boots is on a low sodium, low fat, heart healthy diet and we need to be mindful of this.

Boots lives near 64th and Holly in Commerce City.

He is weak and it is difficult for him to stand at the stove and cook. So if we can have volunteers go to his house and cook a simple meal, take out the trash, do the dishes etc. it would be a HUGE help. The more volunteers, the easier the task at hand.
Boots has been there for us for many years and now it is our turn to repay him for his prayers, trips to the hospital, and kind words.

I will see Boots tomorrow and try to find out what type of foods he can have and what he prefers.

Please sign up via this thread so I can come up with a schedule of volunteers. Let me know what days and times are best for you so that we may fill in the volunteer schedule.

Many Thanks in Advance!
Tammy
303-944-0334

Jon
March 23rd, 2008, 10:30 PM
Tammy,
Would love to help with a meal as I myself am on a heart healthy diet and am a friend of his please just come up with a plan. Thanks and give! me a grocery list, a few chores and consider it done. Thanks of course for organizing this though I'm sure you are going to not be short on volunteers. Jon @720-841-6020

Scored51
March 23rd, 2008, 10:35 PM
Count me in Tammy! Call my cell (303) 903-5420, Email c.dale@comcast.net, or even PM on the forums.

My father-in-law went through this about a year or so ago. I'll be getting recipes and such from him, but guidance from Boots would be appreciated. Always has been in the past.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
March 23rd, 2008, 10:56 PM
I'm in! I'm about an hour away and I likely couldn't get there before 7pm so I'm probably useless during the week, but I could help out on weekends.

froth
March 24th, 2008, 06:11 AM
Teri and I are in. Chicken and Fish, I am supposing. I'll do a bit of research, and figure out what sides to make.

Thanks-

Fred and Teri

Wild Cheetah 612
March 24th, 2008, 10:24 AM
I can help out starting next week, March 31, for dinners

EDIT: I will help during the week for dinners and Jimmay and take over on the weekends. Chores are no problem and I am the cardio diet queen.

Vanmar Racing
March 24th, 2008, 04:56 PM
I saw Boots today and took him some lunch. Here's the latest...

Boots is moving slow because of his heart attack and also the surgery to install stent #1

He will be going in for Stent #2 in about 4 to 6 weeks which means he will just start feeling better than BAM.. BACK IN THE HOSPITAL.
He will probably be in the hospital a couple of days then will come home.

What Boots needs most of all right now is COMPANY!!!and help with meals and
help with chores.
He is weak and can't lift things and standing around to cook or whatever is really hard.
He is supposed to take 1 short 5 minute walk everyday after lunch and I am sure he would appreciate having help during these walks. Imagine being unsteady on your feet and having to walk with no one beside you to lend a hand.

Boots can have the following types of food.
Everything must be low fat and low salt!!

Boots doesn't like fish!

Chicken Dishes: like grilled breasts or Chicken enchiladas with low salt sauce and cheese.
fresh veggies
salads with chicken
pasta dishes
fruit salads
Cottage cheese with berries or pineapple
low fat yougurt with fresh berries
turkey or chicken sandwiches with avacado, low fat cheese on wheat bread

These are just suggestions, you may have some other good ideas!

He also needs someone to vacumn 1 a week, mop floors 1 a week, and take the trash out wednesday nite.
He has a doctor appt. on 4/9 at 2:30pm at University hospital and needs a ride. He is not allowed to drive yet.
He also has a doctor appt. 4/10 at 11am at University hospital. and needs a ride.

I will do his weekly shopping and can stop by with lunch 3 times a week.

He said he is good in the mornings but needs help with lunch and dinner.

Tammy
303-944-0334