PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 MotoGP Bike Nite March 30th

dragos13
March 21st, 2008, 12:35 PM
Hey guys and girls. Thanks to everyone who showed up for the last event. Even without the race, we had 250 people, 35 bikes, and over $800 in raffle prizes. Next round is on March 30th, 250cc starts at noon and the MotoGP race will be held at 1pm. Come check out a great time and have some great food: http://youngbloodracing.googlepages.com/home

d_mob
March 21st, 2008, 01:23 PM
man, i can't wait for the next race... it should be awesome!

angel nieto just went public and said that he "doesn't think that stoner can possibly dominate in 08' like he did last year". he is TOTALLY gung-ho lorenzo and consistently talks about how he is the best rider running currently.

anyway, should be interesting to see how lorenzo performs in front of his home crowd.

and of course you can't count out pedrosa, rossi and the other newcomer dovizioso.

or, maybe it will be another boring race with stoner totally dominating.

thoughts???

ps... here is my prediction:

1. rossi
2. pedrosa
3. lorenzo
4. stoner
5. dovizioso

http://images.motogp.com/multimedia2/1029/1029172_15236.jpg

dragos13
March 21st, 2008, 01:33 PM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention we have a special prize for whoever brings the bike with the most miles on the odo. figure some of you guys have some high mileage, why not show some appreciation :D

TBSgraphics
March 21st, 2008, 05:20 PM
My prediction is that lorenzo will beat rossi all year long....

Lorenzo was the only one to hang with stoner, only the last few laps did lorenzo fade(maybe tires).

Stoner/lorenzo/pedrosa battle all year....

see what Hayden can do on a '08 spec bike this race....

and like to see hopper do better, once he and the bike mate a bit better...

sheispoison
March 21st, 2008, 07:46 PM
I'll be there! I'm going with Toseland!! But maybe that's because I ride a Triumph and Toseland's the only thing British in GP right now...

Moto-Mania
March 21st, 2008, 08:32 PM
I'll be there! I'm going with Toseland!! But maybe that's because I ride a Triumph and Toseland's the only thing British in GP right now...

You got a date with Toseland!?!?!
':wink:'

d_mob
March 25th, 2008, 10:04 AM
i'll agree that toseland is lookin' good this year, but i don't think he has what it takes to finish in the top 4 or 5...

by the way, there is a recent MCN interview with him here: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/videos/2008/march/mar2408mcndaily/

dragos13
March 25th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Dont foget, on top of food, drinks, racing, and girls we have tons of stuff to handout. Items from:

Brothers BBQ (best BBQ in town)
Michelin/Vanmar (you know them)
Faster Motosports (Denvers best mechanic shop)
Fay Myers (local dealership)
Professional Privateer (parts distributor)
MotoforzaUSA (European body work)
Kris Hillman (Best leather lady in town)
RMK (Kawasaki dealership)
Monster Energy (you know who they are)

and many more.

Once again, the 250cc starts at noon and the MotoGP race follows at 1pm. Get there by 11am to get a seat. Front row parking for motorcycles!

Mforza
March 25th, 2008, 10:04 PM
I'll see you there.
Maybe watching the race is the only thing I can do for a while after that crash in Pueblo on Sunday :(

d_mob
March 28th, 2008, 09:43 AM
might be changing up my predictions...

from motogp.com...

Lorenzo starts "The Lorenshow" to head practice standings

"The Spaniard cut a full second off his morning time to head the timesheets at his home track in the afternoon practice session, clocking a 1'40.321 lap of the circuit at which he has won the last two 250cc Grand Prix races."

dragos13
March 28th, 2008, 12:22 PM
**UPDATE**Raffle prizes for Round 2 include:

Faster Motosports (1) $50 Gift Card
RMK (2) $25 Gift Cards
Michelin (2) $25 Gift Cards
Professional Privateer (1) Free Membership
MotoForza USA (2) 25% off Gift Cards
Kris Hillman (1) $25 Gift Card
Fay Myers (1) $100 Gift Card and (2) $25 Gift Cards
Brothers BBQ (1) $50 Gift Card
Monster Energy (?) Cases of Monster Energy

Remember, MotoGP race starts at 1pm and you must arrive prior to the start to get a raffle ticket. Drink specials will be going on again as well. Thanks to all the sponsors who help make this possible, and HUGE thanks to everyone who shows up!!!

d_mob
March 29th, 2008, 11:20 AM
looks like it'll be a battle of the spaniards!

Lorenzo smashes record to take MotoGP pole

JEREZ, Spain (Reuters) - MotoGP rookie Jorge Lorenzo clinched his second pole position in a row with a series of record-breaking laps on his Yamaha in qualifying for the Spanish Grand Prix on Saturday.

The 20-year-old Spaniard, who finished second in the season-opening race in Qatar, broke Italian Loris Capirossi's 2006 pole record four times to clock a blistering time of one minute 38.189 for the 4.4-km lap.

Fellow Spaniard Dani Pedrosa was 0.6 seconds down on his arch-rival with the second quickest time on his Honda and American Colin Edwards completed the front row on the Yamaha Tech 3.

The 2006 world champion Nicky Hayden of the United States heads up the second row of the grid, with Italy's five-times MotoGP champion Valentino Rossi and Frenchman Randy de Puniet close behind.

Reigning champion Casey Stoner, who has never finished on the podium in Jerez, had problems with the set-up on his Ducati and the Australian will start on the third row after clocking the seventh fastest time.

Britain's James Toseland, on a Tech 3 Yamaha, was eighth quickest and American John Hopkins ninth on his Kawasaki, while Capirossi leads the fourth row on his Suzuki after posting the 10th quickest time.

Lorenzo, who has stepped up to the premier category to join Rossi at the Yamaha factory team after winning back-to-back world championships in the 250cc class, dominated from the start in perfect conditions at the southern Spanish circuit.

He ducked under Capirossi's record of 1:39.064 by a tenth and then proceeded to knock chunks off the old mark to finish almost a second quicker than the Italian's previous circuit best.

Pedrosa overtook Edwards to move up to second place on the timing sheets in the closing minutes but was unable to challenge Lorenzo for pole.

Like Lorenzo, Britain's Bradley Smith notched up his second successive pole in the 125cc class, with Spain's Nicolas Terol, Stefan Bradl and Hungarian world champion Gabor Talmacsi completing the all-Aprilia front row.

Spain's former 125cc world champion Alvaro Bautista is on pole for the 250cc race on an Aprilia, with Mika Kallio of Finland second fastest on the KTM. Alex Debon and Thomas Luthi complete the front row on two more Aprilias.