PDA

View Full Version : Chaplain Boots in the hospital

cornerworkr
March 14th, 2008, 03:11 PM
I just got word that Boots had a heart attack yesterday and is in University Hospital in the cardiac unit, room 1008. I spoke to him and he is not feeling too well, but doing OK. He had one stent put in and will have another put in later. As soon as I find out more, I will let everyone know.
Bob Heaton

1ofTheBoys
March 14th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Boots, we are thinking about you and hope you get better soon.
Bob, thanks for the update.

Ashli
March 14th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Oh no! :( Keep us posted.

Lel399
March 14th, 2008, 04:21 PM
my best wishes to Boots!

glenngsxr
March 14th, 2008, 05:20 PM
boots! noooo. Somebody needs to roll by his room and wake him up with some harley sounds. Please keep us posted. Glenn #62

Jakeracer
March 14th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Fo Sho! Hang in there, and please keep us informed. Thanks!

EdDuenez
March 14th, 2008, 07:48 PM
:cry: Ho No! Boots! Noooooooooooooo, you have to recovery a 100% you the one who was waking every morning up with this so dear noise of your harley we all go to pray [-o< for you praise days like your it you do for all of us.

Alex, Kate, Jesse, Marian and Ed

benfoxmra95
March 14th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Get well soon boots!

Thoughts and prayers are going out to you.

Ben
a

kfm61
March 14th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Get well soon Boots!

Thanks for the info Bob, keep us posted !

jplracing
March 14th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Get well boots!

cu260r6
March 14th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Prayers go out to you Boots. Get well soon.

Spicee Brown
March 14th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Im with ED, SHeILA , and ASHLI..and everyone else.
My best wishes to BOOTS, lets hear that Harley roar at 6:15 am soon!

EdDuenez
March 14th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Bob: any news on Boots?

Spiderman
March 15th, 2008, 08:36 PM
:shock:

Boots, get well soon!!! The MRA needs you!

Thoughts & prayers for a speedy recovery! [-o<

KipBook
March 15th, 2008, 09:13 PM
I'll keep you in my thought Boots.. get well buddy.

Thank you for letting us know Bob.

Vanmar Racing
March 15th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Boots,

We are so sorry to hear this terrible news !!! We hope they are taking good care of you at the hospital. You know how important you are to our MRA family and we want you back at the track watching over all of us very soon!

We are all praying for you to be feeling better soon and we all send our love!!!

Tammy, Mark, and Katie

EdDuenez
March 15th, 2008, 11:18 PM
:?: Someone knows if this one is the hospital that this in 4200 E. 9th Avenue in Denver????? to visit BOOTS.

cornerworkr
March 16th, 2008, 10:03 AM
I saw Boots yesterday and he said his heart attack was fairly serious, but he looked good and was in good spirits. He would enjoy hearing from everyone. He may get out tomorrow, unless they put in another stent. It will be Wed. if they do. He will need help when he gets out as he won't be able to lift anything heavier than 12 pounds. He is in University Hosp. at Colfax and Peoria, room 1008, and is seeing visitors. His home phone is 303-288-4828.
Bob Heaton

Slider
March 17th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Get well soon Boots!

Thanks for the update Bob
Ara

stuntriders
March 17th, 2008, 09:14 AM
We love you Boots!

Get better soon!

clowe
March 17th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Boots,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Get well soon and please let me know if you need anything at all.

Does anyone have an update? Is it possible to go and visit him today?

Thanks, Crash

bluedevil
March 17th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Oh my... Im so sorry to hear this..
My best wishes to the Boots !

(Vroom Vroom Vroom!!! )

draggonracing
March 17th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Boots,
You are always in our thoughts and our hearts! Take care of yourself and get better soon!

Thank you Bob for keeping us updated.

tzr250411
March 17th, 2008, 01:57 PM
I will keep you in my prayers. Get well soon.

The GECCO
March 17th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I talked to Boots a few minutes ago. He sounded tired but was in very good spirits. He will be in the ICU for another say or so while they wait out a fever he's fighting then they will put in a second stent in about 4 weeks.

He thanks everyone for their well wishes!

ctb
March 17th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I just checked in on Boots...Looking OK, maybe a little winded talking, but OK. I printed up all these posts and brought them to him, as I don't believe he has any access otherwise.

If anybody else wants anything brought to him, and you live near Thornton, you can swing by our place and I can deliver to him (I work over here)
Make sure you put your name and race number on whatever you are sending him.

gsnyder828
March 17th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Get well Boots!

Wild Cheetah 612
March 17th, 2008, 04:17 PM
I'm wondering if Boots is not doing as well? When I saw him on Friday afternoon, he was quite spirited and talkative. He even asked for some motorcycle magazines (which, of course, I promptly got) because he was a little bored. I'm sure he'd like some more.

Hang in there, Boots! We love you!!!

Ray-Ray
March 17th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Hang in there Boots! We are all thinking of you! Get Well.

Ray, Lisa, Brea and Logan

Kickstand
March 18th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Best Wishes Boots!

Our prayers are with you....

Tawny & Matt

cosp600rr
March 18th, 2008, 06:02 AM
get well soon boots

can't wait to see you at the races :D

*GSXR~SNAIL*
March 18th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Boots-

My family has you in our prayers for a full and speedy recovery. Get well!

draggonracing
March 19th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Hi Everyone, I just spoke with Boots and he sounds much better. They have moved him from ICU and he is now in Room 1014. He said his view is much better now, he can see the mountains. :D They did an EKG this morning and he's just waiting to hear from the Doctors on when he can go home. He very much wants to be out of the hospital and is ready to go home!

EdDuenez
March 19th, 2008, 08:16 PM
:D Good job Boots :D

I can`t wait to see you on you Harley and make the lovely noise

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
March 19th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Mr. Boots sir - Please get well soon! My sincere prayers are always with you.

cornerworkr
March 20th, 2008, 02:18 PM
I just got off the phone with Boots and he is feeling pretty good, and will most likely be discharged tomorrow. He has strict orders to take it easy, so he will need our help with cleaning and groceries. If you can help out or bring food, call him at 303-288-4828. Again, he is hoping to get out tomorrow.
Bob Heaton

cornerworkr
March 20th, 2008, 02:29 PM
I forgot to include that Boots is on a lot of dietary restrictions, so make sure you check in with him before you bring food.
Bob Heaton

TBSgraphics
March 20th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Just got home from seeing Boots,
He looks good and seems to be doing good. He's expecting to go home tomorrow, sat at the latest. I asked him if he'll be ready for end of apr. and wants to be there with us for the first race, but with another stint in a few weeks, he was sounding reserved about being out with us.
Sounds like he had many MRA visitors while he was there, and happy to get more...

Cya at the races "Boots"

chrobis
March 21st, 2008, 08:47 PM
Can we get a home address for Boots, or will MRA forward? Last time I got an ambulance ride to the hospital, he sent me a card and I would very much like to reciprocate.

LEVIATHAN
March 25th, 2008, 02:50 PM
You are loved and needed by all of us. Our prayers are with you.

Get well soon Boots!

MRA#569

chris nami
March 30th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Boots, get well soon dude.

Resident Chaplain
April 17th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Your noise making Harley guy will show up on time, at Pueblo at the first race weekend at Pueblo. Just waiting to thank all of you personally for your benevolence, and kindness shown to me by your visits, cards, meals, prayers, phone calls and web postings. Though I am restricted to ride my scoot, I will pacify your needs [in a wake up call] in some way or another. Looking forward to meeting all the new kids on the block too!

Chaplain "Boots"

Kris
April 22nd, 2008, 08:42 AM
Your noise making Harley guy will show up on time, at Pueblo at the first race weekend at Pueblo. Just waiting to thank all of you personally for your benevolence, and kindness shown to me by your visits, cards, meals, prayers, phone calls and web postings. Though I am restricted to ride my scoot, I will pacify your needs [in a wake up call] in some way or another. Looking forward to meeting all the new kids on the block too!

Chaplain "Boots"
That's great to hear Boots!!

See you this weekend! :D