PDA

View Full Version : Oh scotty scotty scott..

Spicee Brown
March 6th, 2008, 09:38 PM
..been watching mr. daytona since he was known as Mr. road atlanta in 1990.
too bad, but good to see you fly again, Chief. Time doesnt heal all wounds.

..What a great day of racing for everyone else!
comments?

benfoxmra95
March 6th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Anyone remeber that stellar speech he made at the mra banquet in 97 or 98, I can't remeber what year it was exactly.

All I remember is this, he gets up behind the podium answers one question. From jay sherrit and then says: "well, I aint gonna stand up here and dance like a chicken for y'all" goes back to his table with jamie hacking and sits back down.

Shortest speech by a speaker in the my ten year history of the mra.

He did sign some autographs afterwards, and I asked him about his run in with the cops on his high speed chase from them in Georgia.

glenngsxr
March 7th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Are you being serious, Ben? Was Scott Russell and Hacking at an MRA banquet?

Jon
March 7th, 2008, 07:35 AM
That was 2000 I know because I missed it being in Europe on my Honeymoon. Give the guy a break he's from rural GA and that was before the media trained racers to speak English!

charliec
March 7th, 2008, 12:37 PM
...Give the guy a break he's from rural GA and that was before the media trained racers to speak English!
Hey! I'm from GA, I speak English, sorta... :shock:

Yeah, it is good to see him back at Daytona again.

benfoxmra95
March 7th, 2008, 01:30 PM
no jon. I think it was earlier, it was the same year mike coulter was awarded sportsman of the year and that was the first year for that award, I think rob Christman collected his novice championship trophys that year too, I swear it was 99 now.

Connie would know, or maybe terry teske. Jon I do remeber someone making a speech for you being out of town on notebook paper, I think it was ricky that gave it.

benfoxmra95
March 7th, 2008, 01:32 PM
btw, yes totally serious, Glenn.

That's almost his exact words. That was I think hackings first year on a factory team as well.

glenngsxr
March 7th, 2008, 01:39 PM
What were they doing at an MRA banquet? Did they do some races with us?

benfoxmra95
March 7th, 2008, 01:46 PM
no Russell was "I think" paid to be a guest speaker at the banquet. Not sure about him getting paid though so don't quote me on that. The board of that year would know. Im just going off hearsay. Maybe he wasnt and maybe that's why his appearance was brief at best.

Scored51
March 7th, 2008, 03:19 PM
That was 2000 I know because I missed it being in Europe on my Honeymoon...

Naw, 2000 was the year Rich Oliver spoke and was upstaged by his then girlfriend Jocelyn. It was my first banquet, and I later found out the girl I brought told her parents it was our "first date". Needless to say that girl is now my wife. :D

dave.gallant
March 7th, 2008, 03:58 PM
That was 2000 I know because I missed it being in Europe on my Honeymoon...

Naw, 2000 was the year Rich Oliver spoke and was upstaged by his then girlfriend Jocelyn. It was my first banquet, and I later found out the girl I brought told her parents it was our "first date". Needless to say that girl is now my wife. :D

In Rich's own (later) words:

"She is one craaaazay <woman>!"

Spicee Brown
March 7th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Rich Oliver, now hes a class act! I remember ( history lesson, correct me if im wrong) in 1990? 1991? ..kenny roberts brought out 2 YZR 500 GP bikes to compete in WERA races. The number two rider was south african robbie petersen..Those things WAILED around Moroso motorsports park! I was in WPB florida at the time and two strokes were still the shit.
A young scott Russel was campaining a Katana 600 at that time, as well as the bigger 750 GSXR. These were his pre Muzzy years, and I think Vic Fasola tuned for him.
Full swing back to scott russell..we should make this a game. thanks for the comments.

benfoxmra95
March 7th, 2008, 08:59 PM
7 degrees of separation? Eh?

Maybe more like kevin bacon where all things can be linked to him somehow

dave.gallant
March 7th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Isn't Muzzy doing MotoX or something silly like that now??

( Rich Oliver is a god in my book. And, for the record, two-strokes are still the only true racebike available. :) )

TBSgraphics
March 7th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Isn't Muzzy doing MotoX or something silly like that now??

( Rich Oliver is a god in my book. And, for the record, two-strokes are still the only true racebike available. :) )

Dave, Tony B. going to sell one soon.... come play on a tz again...