PDA

View Full Version : Roadracing World Article

grant_me_rev's
March 4th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Please take a look at the recent Roadracing World online press release!

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=31633

thanks!

EdDuenez
March 4th, 2008, 09:36 PM
coratulations for this new class :D :D :D

bluedevil
March 5th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Nice... Glad to see... I hope this class takes off and becomes a hit.

Spicee Brown
March 5th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Awesome! Now I have a class I can sneak into on Sunday! PROBLEM SOLVED!
No seriously love the idea. Congrats. Good to see press.

ctb
March 5th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Excellent! Thanks for drumming up more interest in the class, Sasha! Just one thing from the article...is Michelin Sponsoring a "purse" or are they just offering contingency to their own riders (or both, I guess?) as they are listed as the Class Title Sponsor? Either way, I will be on grid 7/12/08 at the latest.

Thanks again for all your hard work and to anyone else that has helped get this up and running!

Moto-Mania
March 5th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Awesome! Now I have a class I can sneak into on Sunday! PROBLEM SOLVED!
No seriously love the idea. Congrats. Good to see press.

Why would you want to sneak in?
You're still going to get your ass kicked.

grant_me_rev's
March 6th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Just one thing from the article...is Michelin Sponsoring a "purse" or are they just offering contingency to their own riders as they are listed as the Class Title Sponsor?

Hey Lauri, concerning your question the title sponsorship and contingency are two separate items. The title sponsorship is to provide the series with trophies, which include 1st, 2nd + 3rd place finishers at each race weekend and also for the 1st through 5th place overall points leaders for the end of the year to be presented at the MRA banquet. Michelin paid a fee to accept that title sponsorship then separately added contingency for the LoR race class in the MRA contingency program for the racers on Michelin. Purse money is not currently offered for LoR.

ctb
March 7th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Thanks, Ma'am...I get it now.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
March 7th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Awesome! Now I have a class I can sneak into on Sunday!
Oh, you can sneak in all right, but you gotta pass tech first. Ray?

(you should have seen my first version of the rulebook ... before Nude "fixed" it, so to speak)

Excellent article in RWMT! Good job.