PDA

View Full Version : Transponder Sales/Inventory - SOLD OUT!!!

Scored51
February 29th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Hey All,

Here is the first update letting everyone know the inventory levels of the transponders that are still for sale as promised. While this is a rough estimate, you should be thinking about sending in your license packet if you need to buy an MRA transponder.

To date, 27 racers have purchased transponders on their license applications. This leaves less than 70 remaining.

I will continue to update this thread as the batches are processed.

Thanks,

kfm61
March 1st, 2008, 07:37 AM
Hi Chris,

Please contact me, I need to purchase a transponder and charger.

kfm1961@gmail.com
cell 303-775-1768

Kevin McGuire

Thanks.

Scored51
March 2nd, 2008, 05:39 PM
For everyone unfamiliar with how the MRA is selling its used fleet of transponders for the 2008 season, please read through this post.

The licensing packets mailed out by our Vice President contain all that is needed to purchase a used transponder with a brand new charging kit. Your "2008 Membership Application" contains a line item near the top of the form entitled, Transponder Purchase: (All racers must supply their own transponders in 2008) $240.00 x __ = $________ If you need to purchase a transponder, please enter a "1" in the quantity field and total of "240" for the dollar amount. Dont' forget to add this to your total along with your racing license and any pit passes you will be purchasing. That's it, you're done! Your license (and transponder order) will be processed in the order in which it was received. Your transponder will be ready and waiting at the first race weekend along with a brand new charging kit and instructions. Don't worry about making it to the first race either. Since your transponder is bought and paid for, it will remain in my care until you do take delivery.

The key to your success rests in sending in your license application to Tony Baker as soon as possible. The transponders are being sold on a first come - first serve basis. Once the supply runs out the sale is over. I've created this post with the intention of keeping everyone informed of how many units we have left to sell. See the above posting.

The message here is to stop bench racing and put the hammer down if you need a transponder. Send in your license application!

Thanks for your time,

Scored51
March 2nd, 2008, 06:16 PM
An accurate count as of Sunday March 2 - 64 units remaining.

Thanks,

Scored51
March 6th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Update as of Thursday March 6 - 57 units remain available for sale.

Thanks,

GNGSXR
March 13th, 2008, 07:50 AM
anymore updates on availability?

i am sending in my packet this friday or monday(3/17/08).
This is my first season of racing so the 3/15/08 deadline does not effect me :lol:

Scored51
March 13th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Another update on the remaining transponders. As of March 13 - 45 transponders are still up for grabs.

Milehigher
March 15th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Another update on the remaining transponders. As of March 13 - 45 transponders are still up for grabs.

I am another new racer for this year. I have been to PMP twice this year for practice. I am on Brad Hendry's old GSXR 1000. Thanks to those who helped me on those days. I am really looking forward to the 3/22 class.

A couple of weeks ago I sent in the Race School Packet where I also included the request and payment for a transponder. I have not yet hear back that I am registered for the school and have a transponder. Will you please confirm that I am on the list for a transponder and how do I get confirmation on the school registration?

Thanks for your help.

Milehigher
March 15th, 2008, 05:19 PM

I am another new racer for this year. I have been to PMP twice this year for practice. I am on Brad Hendry's old GSXR 1000. Thanks to those who helped me on those days. I am really looking forward to the 3/22 class.

A couple of weeks ago I sent in the Race School Packet where I also included the request and payment for a transponder. I have not yet hear back that I am registered for the school and have a transponder. Will you please confirm that I am on the list for a transponder and how do I get confirmation on the school registration?

Thanks for your help.

I just got a call from Tony. I am good to go. See you guys Saturday.

Scored51
March 20th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Updated information on the remaining transponders. As of March 20 - 22 transponders are still available. If and when we run out of the transponders, those individuals who have missed out after requesting to buy one will be contacted. Just a touch of personal service for ya'll.

Thanks,

Scored51
March 26th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Final update for the transponder sales. We have sold out at this point. So if you have not yet sent in your license, you will need to procure a transponder from another source. As promised, a limited number of units will be available for rental each race weekend. However, once these units have been handed out, there will be no more.

Anyone concerned about weather or not they will be receiving one of the MRA transponders can follow this rule of thumb: if you sent in your license application before the deadline of March 15, you will be receiving one. Additionally, Tony will be contacting those individuals who had requested a transponder but missed out on the sale.

Thanks,

mayhem
March 27th, 2008, 10:05 AM
no transponders=no racing :( cant take the chance of getting bike race ready and having no rentals available at the track.....maybe next year....

dragos13
March 27th, 2008, 10:12 AM
no transponders=no racing :( cant take the chance of getting bike race ready and having no rentals available at the track.....maybe next year....

Are you kidding me? You can also find transponders on Ebay or buy them directly from the maker:

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=5499

mayhem
March 27th, 2008, 10:22 AM
$422.00 is quite a bit for a plastic box with a chip in it....and you would think the mra would sell as many as possible to LOCALS and not worry so much about the rentals for out of town ppl.......if my mood changes, i might get the 160 new and mount it really low. but even that one is 280.00 + chargers + mounting bracket.........my budget is kinda low so we will see..........

dave.gallant
March 27th, 2008, 10:26 AM
$422.00 is quite a bit for a plastic box with a chip in it....and you would think the mra would sell as many as possible to LOCALS and not worry so much about the rentals for out of town ppl.......if my mood changes, i might get the 160 new and mount it really low. but even that one is 280.00 + chargers + mounting bracket.........my budget is kinda low so we will see..........

Unfortunately, for this sport, a $300 investment that will last for 3 to 5 years worth of racing (6 for me thus far) is as good of a deal you will find. Many of spend more on one set of tires that will only last us 10 good hard laps!

I see alot of used transponders on the WERA BBS, so you might want to check there. Used generally go for $250 +-$20 or so.

dragos13
March 27th, 2008, 10:27 AM

welcome to racing :lol:

Wahooman
March 27th, 2008, 10:32 AM

These have also been for sale since LAST year and all winter long. I got mine at the first round at Hastings last year or maybe second round...don't remember. All I am saying is that if you "missed"out, there was PLENTY of time and communication from Chris on where inventory levels were.

Also the reserves are not only for out of town people. If you pile your bike up and the transponder is damaged my understanding is some of the spares are for helping a racer get through the weekend if he can still run the bike.....cool for the MRA to have them for that in my opinion.

Dave said....if you think that is bad...wait until you start buying tires.......

my .02

T Baggins
March 27th, 2008, 10:36 AM
We'll have a rental fleet of about 40 units - fret not maybelline.

I would advise, however, that everyone do their best to buy one.

mayhem
March 27th, 2008, 10:49 AM
don't mind me,i'm just in a bad mood today......how can we secure a rental one or is it first come first serve? and what's the earliest we can get 1 in the morning? do they come with a mount? thx for the wera suggestion, found quite a few for 295, and 1 for 250.......with chargers and mounts....

Throttleroller277
March 27th, 2008, 12:19 PM
[quote=mayhem]if you think that is bad...wait until you start buying tires.......

my .02

Maybelline doesn't buy new tires!!..remember. :shock: 8)

mayhem
March 27th, 2008, 12:35 PM
[quote=mayhem]if you think that is bad...wait until you start buying tires.......

my .02

Maybelline doesn't buy new tires!!..remember. :shock: 8)

good memory there brownie, all i run is takeoffs, new tires cost too much and i'm a poor white man......

T Baggins
March 27th, 2008, 12:49 PM
40 transponders in the rental fleet should cover us for the following:

Out of town racers who don't own one (though most that come to steal our contingency :lol: already have their own).

MRA racers who lose, break, or otherwise render their transponder useless over the weekend.

MRA knuckleheads who leave their transponder in the charger on the kitchen table - or bring theirs to the track and forgot to charge it.

MRA racers who for a variety of reasons are unable/unwilling to commit to purchasing one of their own.

It's all good.

terid
March 27th, 2008, 05:45 PM
MRA knuckleheads who leave their transponder in the charger on the kitchen table - or bring theirs to the track and forgot to charge it.

Tbag -

quit talking smack about Spongebutt Fred.

Honey, you want that I should beat him up?
xxoo

froth
March 27th, 2008, 06:49 PM
No, honey:

I just hate it when he stands at the door, listening to our pillow talk!

JohnGarc
March 28th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Can anyone tell me the make and model of the transponder so I can search and buy one? I went on Ebay and started looking, then I was like what the "H" am I looking for??? I just don't want to buy the wrong one.

Thanks,
John Garcia

I am the one with the Black 99 Gixxer with Yellow Plates and brushed metal tank at Race School. 720-436-9354 garcia_john@comcast.net

cosp600rr
March 28th, 2008, 08:40 AM
AMB 260

Scored51
March 29th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Can anyone tell me the make and model of the transponder so I can search and buy one?

I wanted to have this posted earlier, but I hope it will still help. Below are examples of what you are looking for on eBay. I haven't included the direct wire model as the MRA doesn't have any at this time. The model on the left is the "original style" and on the right is known as "TranX3". Be sure to have the mounting brackets included wherever you may find one to buy.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg77/Priority51/Motorcycle/T-Options.jpg