PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for a Pit/Track vehicle

Performance Imagery
February 26th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Hello everyone,

Like most, I'm starting to prepare for the '08 season. In an effort to provide you guys and gals with better photos and better service, I'm looking for either a scooter/bike/ATV to move around the track between races and back and forth from the pits.

I've seen the Honda Ruckus and it looks like it might fit the bill, but some thing with 3 or 4 wheels might be better since I'll have the camera gear with me as well. I'd like to keep it as small as I can (to fit in the back of my Denali for now and trailer later on) and I don't plan on doing any off-roading with it. It will strictly be used for moving around the different race tracks in the area.

I'd love to here your thoughts.

DingleBerns
February 26th, 2008, 08:31 AM
what about a yamaha zuma, has no clutch, and buying a rail for your tow package so the bike will be sitting on the back of your car....?

bluedevil
February 26th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Nuttin better than a Zuma...

Performance Imagery
February 26th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Thanks for input guys. Have either of you taken it "off road"? How well does it do if you have?

I'm pretty sure I'd have to get a trailer, but I'm considering this ATV (http://www.powersportsmax.com/product_info.php/cPath/37_57/products_id/545). I could stand up on it out on the track and shoot over some of the high grass at PMI (would give me more shooting location options).