PDA

View Full Version : Gauging intrest for a trip tp firebird raceway ** CANCELLED*

cosp600rr
February 21st, 2008, 06:12 PM
There is another race with the CCS at Firebird east on march 8th -9th. I am trying to put togather enough people to make the trip worth while.

The are a very fun group to race with. They are all very welcoming and fun to be around. Some of them are going to try to make it up here to race with us this summer while they are on there break. The track is awesome with a little bit of everything from fast corners to really slow 1st gear hairpins. The grid sizes are smaller than what we usually have. They are fast and competitive so it really fun racing. Last round down there I took a 7th in Heavyweight superbike and 4th in middleweight supersport. I almost had a podium until I made a mistake in the last corner and got passed by an 848. The weather this time of year is very nice. It was in the mid 70 the whole time we where there.

If you are interested in going post up here or send me a pm. If we get enough people that want to go I will be pulling my toyhauler down. It can fit 6 bikes and all the gear. Last time we had some guys that didn't want to be in the truck for the trip so they flew down and we hauled there bikes . They just pitched in for gas. I hope we can get a group togather for this.

cosp600rr
February 21st, 2008, 07:32 PM
Its also a usgpru round also for you guys that do that.

EdDuenez
February 22nd, 2008, 06:01 PM
Ya I want to go hey were is the race track at I don't know were it is and hou much does it cost to ship my Bike and my stuff down there and I might fly over there
Thanks
Ed Duenez
MRA# 7

cosp600rr
February 22nd, 2008, 07:03 PM
http://www.roadracesw.com/

the track is in pheonix. The last time we went it cost 733 dollars in gas. that was with Justin Meyers truck and trailer. My truck and trailer is similer to his. So roughtly the same amount. The cost depends on how many people go. The more people go the cheaper it is.I have interest from 3 people so far. we have one definate so far plus me.

Jon
February 23rd, 2008, 05:11 PM
If you could take my bike it'd be appreciated and of course I'll give youu cash.

cosp600rr
February 23rd, 2008, 06:45 PM
I'll let you know if we get enough people in to haul the big trailer down. are you going eather way?

Jon
February 24th, 2008, 01:08 PM
I am I'll just truck in down there in my trusty Sprinter which makes going it alone waaay more manageable. Otherwise and hopefully you can get enough people interested to make it worthwhile and I'll just fly. Still can't cough, laugh or sneeze though after last Sundays highside. Luckily I protected the bike with my body and it didn't sustain more damage than it did, though I heal cheaper.
Later,
Jon

turbohoje
February 24th, 2008, 01:19 PM
hahahaha "luckily i protected the bike with my body"

i was wondering how it was in such good shape after a hi side.

have you involuntarily quit smoking now?

cosp600rr
February 24th, 2008, 08:19 PM
I am going to have to cancel the trip. Not enough interest and have decided to spend the money on the bike. It should be money well spent.

Sorry Jon but it looks like you will have to take the sprinter van. Bree from Xbam expressed a strong intrest in going so I would get in contact with her and maybe you guys could carpool. Good luck in the races and do us colorado people proud.

XBAM
February 25th, 2008, 10:52 AM
I'm definitely going. Probably will leave on Friday super early. If anyone else is interested in going, let me know so we can caravan.