PDA

View Full Version : Novice Hours

loujr
February 16th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Just a question...do you think it would help to offer novice hours for help with the PR campaign? I remember something comming up at the first meeting...just thought that would help get people to help run around. I would like it...being a novice. :lol:

glenngsxr
February 16th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Although I do think it would be legit to count these as novice hours, I also think they could be better used by cornerworking. Anyone on the board want to chime in? Glenn #62

loujr
February 16th, 2008, 09:33 PM
I agree aswell, it's just hard at times to be a corner worker and a racer. I will do whatever I can do get them done, aswell as do what I can to help out with the extra time I have....I don't want this to be an "easy out" by any means, just another way to get the hours done.

DingleBerns
February 16th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I think I know of another way.... :D

brownie....

Throttleroller277
February 17th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Not sure about using the PR for hours, but you can work off Novice hours at the 1st MRA race school on March 22nd, it's a Saturday.

8)

nobasin
February 17th, 2008, 10:55 AM
there was the suggestion at the first meeting to do some surveys in the stands at races at pueblo to collect data on where people heard about the mra or the races and possibly having novices work off some hours that way.

regarding the corner worker/novice hours issue, i think there's a possibility that if attendance at the races increases, there will be more people interested in corner working as well, especially if we let spectators know that they can get close to the action and get paid if they want to actually become a formally trained corner worker.

loujr
February 17th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Do you think I personally could count some of this time as novice community service?

loujr
February 17th, 2008, 03:39 PM
even if it's just half, I plan on attending the first MRA school to help too.

Kris
February 17th, 2008, 11:10 PM
I think I know of another way.... :D

brownie....

:lol: :lol: =D>
Berns - you are awesome!!

Wild Cheetah 612
February 18th, 2008, 02:30 PM
We have just a few novices signed up for the PR Committee so I'm thinking it should count because you guys are going to put in waaaayy more than four hours. We're talking about it on the Board Forum. Let you know soon.

loujr
February 18th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Thank you

loujr
February 18th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Thank you