PDA

View Full Version : Progress?

Wild Cheetah 612
February 4th, 2008, 06:21 PM
I know we just had the meeting four days ago, but....

Did all y'all get my email of the meeting notes.? If not, I need to put you on the email list.

Anyone made any progress on anything? Sorry, I've been busy being mouthy, but will get on my stuff tomorrow, promise.

Can we meet, oh damn, I was going to say the 14th, two weeks after our first meeting, but I think many of us will be busy. How about a short check-in meeting on the 11th, same time, same place? I imagine it will only last 1/2 hour.

jplracing
February 4th, 2008, 06:50 PM
I can make the 11th.

Performance Cycle is willing to allow us to do a meet and great. However, I would suggest we not schedule this until the weather is warmer.

I also wanted to ask that if anything was discussed during the meeting about retention efforts. It would seem to me that if we are losing a percentage of racers every year, it would be easier to retain them then recruit new.

And Donna, I received the first intro email but nothing since. My email is jlogalbo@msn.com. If you would check I would appreciate it

Joe

Throttleroller277
February 4th, 2008, 10:28 PM
I think there is a board meeting on the 11th? 8)

glenngsxr
February 5th, 2008, 06:29 AM
So far I believe Tammy has the myspace up and running. Margaret and I are working on the fliers. We are almost one with the design and then I will get them to the printer. I am having trouble getting displays. They are very big and costly. I will search for a better solution this week. Has anybody compiled a list of all the shops in Denver, Springs, and Pueblo that we would like to hit up? Just curious. Glenn #62

The GECCO
February 5th, 2008, 08:44 AM
I think there is a board meeting on the 11th? 8)

True.

What about doing it on the 13th immediately after the general meeting?

Wild Cheetah 612
February 5th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Either works for me. I figured before the board meeting would work, too, because it will be short. Just to check in and motivate!

loujr
February 5th, 2008, 04:13 PM
as far as my contact with the denver radio company he is just kind of waiting to see what we need and what the MRA board approves for an on air ad, or wants to be said on air with me, or a spokesperson on air...I also talked to him about maybe having a radio station present on opening day at HPR and he said we could probably work something out.

loujr
February 5th, 2008, 04:56 PM
link to the myspace?

Wild Cheetah 612
February 5th, 2008, 05:48 PM
So far I believe Tammy has the myspace up and running. Margaret and I are working on the fliers. We are almost one with the design and then I will get them to the printer. I am having trouble getting displays. They are very big and costly. I will search for a better solution this week. Has anybody compiled a list of all the shops in Denver, Springs, and Pueblo that we would like to hit up? Just curious. Glenn #62

No. I have a list of our trophy sponsors who should get first priority. Get one of our part-timers on that. You got the list of them? It says who is willing to take delegated tasks. Give Derek a break until after the Banquet. He is running the Silent Auction.

glenngsxr
February 5th, 2008, 09:09 PM
on that note, anyone willing to compile the trophy sponsor list as well as a list of all the shops in the front range. Glenn #62

Wild Cheetah 612
February 6th, 2008, 08:07 AM
I'll post the sponsor list tonight.

Jon
February 6th, 2008, 10:22 AM
The 11th would have worked great, but the 13th I will be closing on a new house and beginning to move. Fortunately, I bought the house with the furniture and pot, pans, and dishes! All I needs the linens, bedspreads, towels and blankets, Hell, I even bought the artwork 4 the walls and TV. I've made progress with the phone campaign and am proceeding briskly. Donna I'll give you a shout the evening with an update.

nobasin
February 8th, 2008, 03:19 PM
sascha and i are meeting with my friend lee from brandamp to discuss upping the club's exposure and getting some new press for LOR. we were supposed to do it today, but the storm in the mountains last night threw a wrench in that.

i've PM'd dave gallant on getting a media room page up on the site that has hi-res pics to download, as well as links to past articles and media exposure. the idea is to give media outlets a way to get hi res pics (with permission of course and proper credit for the photographers), and also see other articles written on the MRA.

i'll update more as we have more discussions with my PR friend.

dragos13
February 8th, 2008, 03:25 PM
I will be hosting the Brothers BBQ and MotoGP events. I think it will be a great opportunity to reach out to the street guys and try to get some on board. let me know how i can get fliers or anything else to hand out and help promote the MRA.

grant_me_rev's
February 9th, 2008, 03:15 AM
Solicitation for LoR Class Sponsorship - (Michelin sponsored!)

MRA program article (complete)

LoR illustration/logo for the race class (complete)

Postcards, that will display illustration/logo with 2008 race schedule and school dates, to be distributed to most CO sportbike / race shops, to include some in the surrounding state shops (i.e Hastings, NE and Albuquerque, NM) (in-progress)

Ad in Road Racing World magazine to promote LoR. (sent for May issue)

RRW online press releases (sent)

Collecting female racer bio's/photo's (complete, working PR with Mike L. and Lee H.)

sasha-

1ofTheBoys
February 9th, 2008, 09:51 AM
on that note, anyone willing to compile the trophy sponsor list as well as a list of all the shops in the front range. Glenn #62
I can compile the list of shops.

Donna, I did not get the email please check that my email address is correct: 1oftheboys@comcast.net.
I will be available the 11th but not the 13th. Have a business trip during the week.

marty
February 17th, 2008, 11:45 PM
have you guys decided what you want on the banners? i would suggest as short and sweet as possible, big letters and minimal description. maybe "MOTORCYCLE ROAD RACING" and in small letters "THIS WEEKEND". maybe the MRA logo, but i may take up valuable room and i'm not sure if folks would know who the MRA is.
marty
3032635089 cell

glenngsxr
February 18th, 2008, 06:24 AM
Marty, I think that would be fine. Something like this would be fine. All of this centered. Motorcycle Roadracing
This Weekend!

Wild Cheetah 612
February 18th, 2008, 02:28 PM
i'm not sure if folks would know who the MRA is.

That's exactly why I think the logo should be on there.

marty
February 18th, 2008, 05:29 PM
i'm not sure if folks would know who the MRA is.

That's exactly why I think the logo should be on there.

Marty, I think that would be fine. Something like this would be fine. All of this centered. Motorcycle Roadracing
This Weekend!

so logo or no logo? i think if we are looking for mra logo placement, then maybe we could do it once we have reeled some drive by traffic in off the street, but i will leave that for you guys to decide. i understand we want folks to know "who" we are, but in my opinion we should try to get them in the door before we try to establish product identity and keep banner space for larger lettering.

should we do a couple of banners that say "motorcycle roadracing this weekend" for outside the track and have a couple "mra" logo banners for inside the track?

BTW i have seen two spellings, is roadracing one or two words?

just let me know either way and i'll get crackin' on it :lol:

marty
February 18th, 2008, 05:34 PM
oh i should also ask, i think "motor...racing" should be a bit larger than this weekend or at a minimum a different color, any thoughts, suggestions, etc?

also, could someone email me the "mra" logo

glenngsxr
February 18th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Let's make it one word. Is there room on the sides for the MRA logo maybe going down or is that where the Miller lite logo is? If the miller logo is there, then we should not worry about the MRA logo on there. Too many centered words would be too cluttered. Glenn #62

marty
February 18th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Let's make it one word. Is there room on the sides for the MRA logo maybe going down or is that where the Miller lite logo is? If the miller logo is there, then we should not worry about the MRA logo on there. Too many centered words would be too cluttered. Glenn #62

i wish they would let us have each side for the logo, but unfortunately in order to get the free banners the miller lt logos will have to be on each end. hard to argue with free though :lol:

glenngsxr
February 19th, 2008, 06:29 AM
no doubt brotha. swag is good! You can save the logo from the homepage and use it if you wish. I would love to get it on there, but if it's too crowded then let's not. If you want to get creative Marty go for it. Could we do this?

Motorcycle Roadracing
logo-This Weekend-logo

Wild Cheetah 612
February 19th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Yea, what Glenn said.

I'm not sure the logo on the MRA site is a high enough resolution. Let me see if I can get a better one.

You're the business man, Marty, so I'll defer to you on the MRA logo. Can we get another smaller banner or two on which to put the MRA logo?

"M/C Roadracing" should be bigger and in a different color than "this weekend"

glenngsxr
February 19th, 2008, 10:42 AM
donna, absolutely 100% agree about the sizing. I will also talk to Michelin and see if we can get a couple smaller banners. Glenn #62

marty
February 19th, 2008, 08:33 PM
no doubt brotha. swag is good! You can save the logo from the homepage and use it if you wish. I would love to get it on there, but if it's too crowded then let's not. If you want to get creative Marty go for it. Could we do this?

Motorcycle Roadracing
logo-This Weekend-logo

this may work, i'll take a look at it and see if it looks too "busy."

thanks donna, let me know if you can get a high rez image. if it is too big for email maybe you could give it to brown on cd. i see him a couple times a week.

dave.gallant
February 20th, 2008, 12:28 PM

Motorcycle Roadracing
logo-This Weekend-logo

let me know if you can get a high rez image.

FWIW: The logo from the home page should never be used for anything print related. You should really use a vector image, and especially for signs:

http://www.motosix.com/temp/MRAlogo.eps

http://www.motosix.com/temp/MRAlogo.eps.zip

grant_me_rev's
March 2nd, 2008, 09:23 AM
Hey Glenn,

Been chatting with Natalie Ulrich (Advertising Director) from Road Racing World to get a feature ad in the May Issue for the MRA, she chatted with her Publisher and who relayed to her that MRA has been a participating organization in the past to get discounts on advertising, however, the MRA does not have a contract with RRW this year. They have created a 2008 contract which I will email you, and if you can sign it, fax it back to them, they will give the MRA club discount of 50% off of ads. Their deal is, RRW will give the MRA 50% off of advertising rates in return to promote the Road Racing World magazine by handing out discount subscription cards, (that they provide), for the MRA members.
This allows me the opportunity to run the ad for two months for the price of one so this will be greatly appreciated. please let me know if this is something that the MRA can approve. Thanks!

*****UPDATE - Road Racing World accepted the re written contract - MRA will be discounted 50% off ad's and the discounted subscribtion cards will be sent to the club to distribute.

Thanks!
Sasha-

marty
March 4th, 2008, 03:43 PM
here is the proof for the first banner, i can't decide if i like the lower case letters or if we should go all caps. i am also working on getting a second banner for inside the track that will have the MRA logo and website on it, but it will have to go for approval because of the logo.

so, what do you guys think, leave in lower case to look "nice" or all caps to "scream" the words more?

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2866/motorcycleroadracingbanjl8.jpg

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2866/motorcycleroadracingbanjl8.th.jpg (http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=motorcycleroadracingbanjl8.jpg)

Throttleroller277
March 4th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Looks good the way it is to me Marty!! Nice Job! 8)

Wild Cheetah 612
March 4th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Would it be any trouble to take a gander at all caps? I mean, it looks great as it is, but just wondering...

marty
March 4th, 2008, 06:35 PM
i dropped them an email, i'll let you know when i here back with the all caps version

grant_me_rev's
March 4th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Please take a look at the recent Roadracing World online press release!

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=31633

Thanks!

DingleBerns
March 4th, 2008, 10:27 PM
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Nice work to all involved in the PR.

glenngsxr
March 5th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Marty,
That is smokin! I love the lower case. These are gonna look great. Glenn #62

marty
March 6th, 2008, 03:16 PM
here is the all caps, it may stand out a bit more, what do you guys think? all caps or the first one?

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/7236/motorcycleroadracingcapef3.jpg

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/7236/motorcycleroadracingcapef3.th.jpg (http://img229.imageshack.us/my.php?image=motorcycleroadracingcapef3.jpg)

marty
March 6th, 2008, 03:22 PM
one other thing, before the beer folks can print a second banner with just the MRA logo and website, they need to have permission from someone to print our logo. donna, can you get this for me, i'm assuming glen would need to sign off on it or maybe just anyone on the board who is an authorized rep of the club? all we need is some sort of release form to print a copyrighted logo.

thanks
marty

Wild Cheetah 612
March 7th, 2008, 08:17 AM
I like the all caps

I can give permission to print the logo. Does it need to be written, or can I call and give verbal?

marty
March 7th, 2008, 01:10 PM
I can give permission to print the logo. Does it need to be written, or can I call and give verbal?
it would need to be in print. if you have a form and can email it to me, i could also have brown sign it the next time i see him and save the postage

Wahooman
March 8th, 2008, 11:19 PM
ALL CAPS! looks nice.

Wild Cheetah 612
March 10th, 2008, 08:19 AM
it would need to be in print. if you have a form and can email it to me, i could also have brown sign it the next time i see him and save the postage
There's a Board meeting tonight. I'll get it in writing then. I'll talk to Brown and see if he'll deliver it to you.

glenngsxr
March 10th, 2008, 08:23 AM
check this out. Thanks to Margaret for all her hard work. glenn #62

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q295/glenngsxr/MRACollage85x11.jpg

Wild Cheetah 612
March 10th, 2008, 08:33 AM
THAT is bad to the bone!
And look, the most gorgeous guy in the whole club is right up top!

When do we get them printed and who's doing it for how much?

glenngsxr
March 10th, 2008, 08:46 AM
I am sending it to the print shop today and I will get back with you on price. My dad is doing it. Glenn #62