PDA

View Full Version : Hotel in Byers

DingleBerns
February 4th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Is there anyone involved in the Hotel industry. I believe there is only one hotel in Byers, CO and it is shit. So if anyone knows the corporate head honchos for any hotel chain, you should bring up the idea of building a hotel there. Otherwise it is going to suck driving there and back 4 times in one race weekend. Just my $.02 cents!

XBAM
February 4th, 2008, 12:33 PM
I agree! I have heard there are some bed and breakfast facilities about 30 minutes from HPR, but I don't know details. I guess it would end up being a toss up, spend the money to drive an hour back to Denver, or drive 30 minutes and spend the money on accomodations.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
February 4th, 2008, 01:16 PM
I think there are two in Byers, one in Strasburg, and one north of Bennett.

neh
February 4th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Must have patience. No one is going to build a hotel because the track is going to be built. It's the business the track will bring to the towns that will show that a hotel is needed. First thing though is they need another karioke bar.

First things first, build track, use local businesses, then when the studies are done and show the area could use another hotel or two, they will be built.

Just like the track, they have to show it's needed before anything can be built.

charliec
February 5th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Wouldn't Limon be a good choice to base on race weekends? :? Doesn't look too far from track location. IMHO :)

What do I know,anyway. I'm working in friggin' Korea til Friday.

Charlie Coyner
WSMC Expert #131

Kickstand
February 5th, 2008, 06:07 AM
From what I understand, Tower Rd and Limon are about the same distance apart so either would work for lodging..