PDA

View Full Version : Transponder Fee

GNGSXR
February 2nd, 2008, 03:18 PM
Im filling out my App for this season and saw the transponder fee of $240 OR provide the serial number of your own transponder.

Where would i pick up my own transponder?

hcr25
February 2nd, 2008, 03:27 PM
http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=4474

Scored51
February 2nd, 2008, 10:09 PM
The transponder fee of $240 on the Membership Application is for the purchase of a used transponder from the MRA fleet as pointed out in the previous post to this one. Like last year, the purchased transponders will be handed out at the races charged and ready to go racing. This will also include a charging kit and, of course, instructions.

If for any reason you don't have a transponder, nor wish to purchase one, we will be maintaining a number rentals.

Oops, I didn't answer you're question. New transponders are available from AMB-it at http://www.amb-it.com/motorcycle-racing-transponders-c-10_12.html?osCsid=e6a7a4050937f73cf6d45bb9bf86924d
I'm sure they can also be found on eBay and the like.

Thanks for the question.

GNGSXR
February 3rd, 2008, 10:04 AM
8) thx. Looks like they are sold out though.

Scored51
February 3rd, 2008, 01:30 PM
I just checked the AMB-it website. For some reason the rechargeable model doesn't add to the shopping cart, but the direct powered one does. I would suggest calling them tomorrow (Monday) to see what's up if you wanted to purchase a new rechargeable unit.

We, on the other hand have approximately 100 transponders to be sold off. This doesn't include those who have already returned their license packets to date requesting to purchase a transponder.

If you need any help deciding what would be your best option, feel free to give me a call on my cell (303) 903-5420. I can't really type that quickly, and I'm sure something will be lost in translation.

GNGSXR
February 3rd, 2008, 02:22 PM
Well if you guys still have some for sale then i will just get my packet sent out on monday and hopefully snag one of your transponders. 240 for a used one seems to be a lot better than 420 for new 8)