View Full Version : PMP FEBRUARY AND MARCH 2008 SCHEDULE

Earlene
January 25th, 2008, 06:11 AM
Please use this updated link for the track schedule at PMP:

http://www.pueblomotorsportspark.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=8032#8032

Jon
January 25th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Hi Earlene,
When is the repaving and alteration of turn ten going to take place? As you may gather, many of us motorcycle racers will want to try and find the fast way around the new slow corner and are eager to see it. Please let us know as we'll be right down to check it out.
Thanks Much,
Jon G

Doughboy
January 25th, 2008, 07:35 AM
If the schedule posted remains accurate, PMP will be closed March 17-21 for the turn ten project.

Clarkie
January 25th, 2008, 08:17 AM
so it's going to get repaved and then ridden on straight away, what happened to letting the seal cure first :?

Jon
January 25th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Agreed I just hope the new track gets a chance to cure prior to cars running around! I've heard different ideas on how long different grades of asphalt cure in different climates but remember the disaster we had with Second Creek back when it was redone. Hey I'm aging myself here. How many current racers actually were a member back then? Not many that's for sure.
Regardless it'd be a shame to see a nice job go bad due to the high cohesion of friction by a bunch of Radial TA's on Pueblo's turn ten or even more on HPR.

loujr
January 26th, 2008, 06:55 PM
I am not asphalt expert, however I do work in a position where I get to watch people do asphalt everyday. The amount of area they are talking about paving should in theory only take a day to lay the new asphalt. So it should be completed on the 17th. 4 days of letting the asphalt cure and settle should be enough time. The workers I "watch" work once they roll it and it cools down it's driven on right away. I will add however that it's main roads and not raced on or driven on very hard...so just a thought.

Earlene
January 27th, 2008, 03:50 AM
Jay does not have internet access now with the move of his business but please address your concerns to him next week when he does have access.

Thanks for your input !