PDA

View Full Version : Affordable Motorcycle Tires & Accessories???????????????

KipBook
January 23rd, 2008, 03:47 PM
I ordered, and paid, for some tires from "Affordable Motorcycle Tires & Accessories" at 4105 Jackson St, Denver, CO 80216.
Here's the problem. They never called to let me know when my tires came in and I've tried to call them and find out what the deal is but their number is disconnected!!!! :evil:
Their website is also not working!

Does anybody know these people or what happened? They owe me $160 or some tires!!!!!!

Kip

Jon
January 23rd, 2008, 04:00 PM
Damn Kipp,
All you had to do was ask and I bet anyone of a hundred or so racers would have given you a set, sorry to hear this and hope it gets fixed. Hear that folks, first person to bring me the head of the owner operator or this business get's a free T-shirt!

The GECCO
January 23rd, 2008, 04:08 PM
Hopefully you paid on a credit card (?) If so, just call your card company and have them reverse the charges.

Wild Cheetah 612
January 23rd, 2008, 05:39 PM
I know exactly where they are. I work a couple of miles from them. Want me to drop by?
For sure, dispute the charge on your card!

vroomnut
January 23rd, 2008, 05:41 PM
I actually passed by their shop today as I work in that section of town. It looks like the shop is closed down and they are out of business just from appearances. I have never been in there as it always looked a bit shady. Sorry to hear they screwed you. Anyone know if these guys are affiliates of "Discount Motorcyle Tire and Accessories"... who I believe also went out of business a few years ago? If they are... they seem to have some troubles doing business.

hcr25
January 23rd, 2008, 05:48 PM
I actually passed by their shop today as I work in that section of town. It looks like the shop is closed down and they are out of business just from appearances. I have never been in there as it always looked a bit shady. Sorry to hear they screwed you. Anyone know if these guys are affiliates of "Discount Motorcyle Tire and Accessories"... who I believe also went out of business a few years ago? If they are... they seem to have some troubles doing business.

the owner of affordable worked at discount motorcycle tire not sure if he was an owner though.

jrubin80
January 26th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I know the person who started Discount Motorcycle Tire, He no longer is involved in the industry. Affordable Motorcycle is completely different company.

KipBook
January 26th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the responses. I've done business with Discount MC Tires before and when I called Affordable, the guy I talked with told me they were the same company with a different owner. They used to be in Wheat Ridge and I never had a problem. Thanks for the offers to drive by, I did myself and they are Bye-Bye! :x

Glenn, I paid with debit and my bank is "looking into it" so there is hope!

Thanks!

rforsythe
January 29th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Domain name ownership...

Registrant:
Affordablemotorcycletires
7576 W 83rd Way
Arvada, Colorado 80216
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: DISCOUNTMOTORCYCLETIRE.COM
Created on: 03-Dec-99
Expires on: 03-Dec-12
Last Updated on: 19-May-06

Administrative Contact:
Bowman, John info@affordablemotorcycletires.com
Affordablemotorcycletires
7576 W 83rd Way
Arvada, Colorado 80216
United States
3033994100 Fax --

Registrant:
Affordable Motorcycle Tires & Accessories
8316 Vivian St
Arvada, Colorado 80005
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: AFFORDABLEMOTORCYCLETIRES.COM
Created on: 01-May-05
Expires on: 01-May-09
Last Updated on: 03-May-07

Administrative Contact:
Leonard, John r1kil@msn.com
Affordable Motorcycle Tires & Accessories
8316 Vivian St
Arvada, Colorado 80005
United States
(303) 423-2689 Fax --

In any event it probably isn't going to get anywhere trying to get your $160 back from whoever actually owes it to you, but at least your bank is trying to work with you.

Sorry you got screwed over! Though probably not quite what you're after, I have some Michelin takeoffs in my garage you can have if you want 'em.

jplracing
January 29th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Kip

What size tires are you looking for?

As Jon said I am sure that there a plenty of people on this board that have stacks and stacks of tires that would probably just give you a set

Joe

KipBook
January 29th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Their for a '93 Suzuki VX800: front - 110/80-18 rear - 150/70-17

It will be a while before I can afford to buy them. I'm still waiting to hear from the bank. Thanks for the info and the offer Ralph. 8)