PDA

View Full Version : Now you can use PAYPAL to donate to the NEW TRACK!!

The GECCO
January 23rd, 2008, 11:45 AM
With the recent news of Arapahoe County approving the zoning (and the holidays being over) we are hopeful that there will be a resurgence of donations to the new track.

We have nearly reached our MINIMUM goal of $500,000 in member donations, but we would like to double that so that we can build some great amenities (showers, day garages, RV pedestals, etc) to go along with the best road course Colorado has ever seen.

So, to make it a bit easier for you to donate I have set up a Paypal account for the MRA donations. I opened a new checking account at my bank just for this purpose, and created a new Paypal account. We considered connecting the PAYPAL account directly to CAMA's bank account, but the security risks aren't worth it, plus doing it this way makes it easier for me to do the bookkeeping to make sure people get the credit they deserve.

So, the Paypal address to donate money to CAMA/HPR is MRA_CAMA@yahoo.com. If you are familiar with Paypal then that's all the info you need. If not, simply go to www.paypal.com, click on "Send Money" and follow the directions. All you need is an email address and a credit/debit card.

BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR NAME, ADDRESS AND ALL THAT INFORMATION SO THAT I CAN PROPERLY CREDIT YOU WITH THE DONATION.

Every week or so, depending on the volume, I will move the money into the checking account I created and write a check to CAMA, along with the donation cards for each person.

NOTE:
As the receiver of the funds, my account will be charged a minimum of 2.9% (+ $.30 per transaction) of the amount you donate. Because *I* (and not CAMA) am providing this "pass through" service in order to make it easier for people to donate, I will not absorb these charges. This means if you donate $1000 through Paypal, only $970.70 will actually go from me to CAMA on your behalf. This could be important if you are trying to qualify for a brick. If you want a certain amount to go to CAMA (say, $1000) then you need to take that amount and multiply it by 1.03 in order to cover the fees.

$1000 x 1.03 = $1030 (send this amount to MRA_CAMA@yahoo.com)

When Paypal takes their 2.9% fee
$1030 x .971 = $1000.13 left

Then they take their $.30 per transaction
$1000.13 - $.30 = $999.83 left in the account for CAMA. I will absorb the $.17 and send $1000 to CAMA on your behalf.