PDA

View Full Version : Who's in?

Wild Cheetah 612
January 21st, 2008, 02:55 PM
If you are serious about being part of The MRA PR Committee, please post your full name on this thread. This forum is going to go private very soon with only those having access who choose to be an integral part and willing to put in some time and work.

If would rather be a part time helper, please post your name and contact info (PM your personal contact info if you'd rather) and what your talents and abilities are to help out. You will be contacted as appropriate.

The PR Committee will make frequent posts in General Discussion updating the membership on our progress and possible brainstorming sessions.

So........who's in?

jplracing
January 21st, 2008, 03:02 PM
I am in

Joe

glenngsxr
January 21st, 2008, 03:03 PM
obviously I'm in! Glenn #62

Jon
January 21st, 2008, 03:43 PM
I as well and will see you soon. Jon Glaefke

Wild Cheetah 612
January 21st, 2008, 05:27 PM
Thanks, guys! I'm putting together a list of committed members, part time members and helpers, and businesses who would like to contribute in some fashion. I know Glenn62, Joe, and Jon are committed members and I got your contact info.
Everyone else, please post or PM me with your full name, level of commitment, and talents with or contacts in the PR world, if any. Or, for part time and helpers, what you would like to do.

Please try to respond by Friday. Glenn62, leader of this committee, would like to get the organization of the group as set as possible by then and then select a meeting time and place.

Who else is in?

DingleBerns
January 21st, 2008, 05:48 PM
I, Derek S. Berns, can help with the distribution of fliers and what not when needed...

clowe
January 21st, 2008, 05:52 PM
I will help. When are we going to get together? I know it is in here but I have been too busy with work to look around.

Thanks,

Crash

turbohoje
January 21st, 2008, 06:36 PM
put me down for a part time contributor. i dont know if i can make regular weekly meetings, but i would be happy to handle a delegated task.

nobasin
January 21st, 2008, 10:08 PM
donna, like we talked about before, i'm in. i will also bring lee hart from brandamp to any meetings that she can make. she is specifically interested in promoting the new women's class, but also has ideas for the club in general.

mike lakritz

XBAM
January 21st, 2008, 11:13 PM
I am also happy to contribute some time with delegated tasks. Probaly won't be able to make it to more than just the general monthly meeting, but am always traveling and on the road and if there is something I can do to help I would like to be asked.

Wild Cheetah 612
January 22nd, 2008, 09:01 AM
I will help. When are we going to get together? I know it is in here but I have been too busy with work to look around.

Thanks,

Crash

We're going to, though this thread, get a clear list of who's in on what level. Then we will organize a meeting. We'd like to meet within the next week.

Hotrod
January 22nd, 2008, 12:45 PM
Sign me up, Lincoln Todd :D

grant_me_rev's
January 22nd, 2008, 12:49 PM
I would like to as well! PT for right now, will call you this weekend Donna. Thanks!
sasha-

Ashli
January 22nd, 2008, 01:43 PM
Donna I'd be happy to help part-time with whatever I can! I have school and were buying a house right now but anything I can do on my own or whatever, just let me know.
Ashli Abeyta
myotherridesahoopty@gmail.com

dragos13
January 22nd, 2008, 01:58 PM
I dont think I have time to be an actual member of this board, but I would love to be notified and have access to the promotional fliers. I can hand them out at Coyote Motorsports and also work with my other sponsors to help promote the MRA.

I think everyone in this club should help with the fliers. We can post them at shops, dealers, restaurants, craigslist, etc. Even just bringing them into work and posting in the break room. Every person who sees it helps the organization. Also if we had a site up on the forum, people could link it from their own personal website. I know we have info like why spectate, etc, but i think its time to bring something fresh to the advertising table, which im sure you all are atleast 10 steps ahead of myself.

polar x
January 22nd, 2008, 02:47 PM
Put me on the list too. Part time when I am in the country.

No talents, or contacts.

EdDuenez
January 22nd, 2008, 05:35 PM
I am in

Ed Duenez MRA#7 :D

Wild Cheetah 612
January 22nd, 2008, 06:34 PM
I'm not so smart with the brain damage and all after the coma. So for those of you who did not specify, please repost with at what level you would like to participate. Full active member of the committee or part time person doing......what?...like passing out stuff, going to motorcycle shops or events for meet and greets, consulting.....whatever you would like.

Also list what talents you possess or contacts you have in the PR world. I want to compile a list so we can utilize your talents and develop a marketing program around what assets we have here in the club.

Everyone, Check with your sponsors to see if they would like a little more visibility in the club through marketing the MRA. Ask your circle of friends and colleagues for anyone in radio or tv or promotions or marketing. Lou came up with someone in less than a day. You know, see what's around you.

1ofTheBoys
January 22nd, 2008, 07:41 PM
Donna, I can help part time maybe some events, etc.

Sheila Paul

hcr25
January 23rd, 2008, 09:12 AM
Psst, im in
mike

Wild Cheetah 612
January 23rd, 2008, 06:12 PM
Ed, Sasha, Lincoln!

What do you want to do? Full or Part time?

Jon
January 24th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Hey Guys,
I'll be out of town from 1/28-1/30 but will be available after that. Please take this into consideration before setting up the upcoming meeting. I'm excited about this and looking forward to seeing if we can't indeed make a difference to the bottom line.

Hotrod
January 24th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Full time, full bore... anything you need me to do... I have all kinds of skillz, but I am not sure that I wanna list them here... :lol:

grant_me_rev's
January 24th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Donna, i'll call you this weekend.
sasha-

Wild Cheetah 612
January 24th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Full time, full bore... anything you need me to do... I have all kinds of skillz, but I am not sure that I wanna list them here... :lol:
PM me with the details.

I'll be around, Sasha!

VParra '06EquipMgr
January 24th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Hey Donna,

Put me down as Part Time for whatever you need. I'll call on Friday, 01.25.08 to discuss some ideas how I may be of some help to the cause.

uberwench
January 25th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Donna -

I'm in - I'll say full time unless it involves twice weekly meetings at noon in Colorado Springs or something else that's physically impossible for me to get to.

PM sent with a long list of my mad PR skillz and experience 8)

Margaret

glenngsxr
January 25th, 2008, 06:39 PM
I think this is a good starting point, Donna. Let's try to get a meeting set up. Can we do next week, say Wednesday around 7pm at Breck Brewery? Glenn #62

dave.gallant
January 25th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Just to point out the obvious here -

Why are {you} trying so hard to make this a semi-public meeting rather than simply getting started?

The amount of people already interested just through online collaboration implies that a moderated discussion of ideas with action items would allow more people to attend and contribute, rather than limiting it to geographic location or work schedules.

Limiting contributions, no matter how small, seems like it should not be the goal.

It seems simply organizing orderly discussions, setting goals, deliverables, then deadlines will be required no matter what the format is should be the goal of any "committee".

FWIW - There are tons of online meeting tools that offer document sharing, chat, and whiteboarding. I believe Crash Lowe even works at a company that does that very thing?

Or, am I missing something here?

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
January 26th, 2008, 01:25 AM
FWIW - There are tons of online meeting tools that offer document sharing, chat, and whiteboarding.
Geek!

But I agree w/Dave - in fact all our meetings might be better attended if people could do it remotely. Maybe we should webcast the general meetings??

dave.gallant
January 26th, 2008, 09:03 AM
FWIW - There are tons of online meeting tools that offer document sharing, chat, and whiteboarding.
Geek!

I know, I know...

However, a series of goals/deliverables could be done as simply as a new thread here on the BBS with decent moderation to keep things on track.

Or, a call-in conference # for those who can't drive 2 hours but want to join in and are less technical...

Or even just a free IM chat room at a designated time/place.

I am obviously just brainstorming here. :)

Wild Cheetah 612
January 26th, 2008, 11:14 AM
You are a geek, Davey! We would welcome your help as our tech guy. I know I don't understand half the stuff you say.

Yea, I agree that a certain amount can be done online, but there ain't nothing quite like a face to face meeting, especially to get organized.

We have a lot of people and resources floating around in cyberspace right now, but unless we sit down to plan our mission, marketing plan and goals, most efficient and best utilization of our resources, and finally, realize those plans through a clear direction of actions, then that's all we're going to do is float around. You all know as well as I do that any successful project that involves many people starts and sustains itself through a small core of dedicated people.

I am just about done compiling a list of full time and part time members of the PR Committee, resources (businesses and contacts) and ideas that have been posted. Then we'll meet and use all those resources in a cohesive way. If we just tell everyone to go with their ideas, then we're going to be going in all these different directions and running in to each other and go nowhere.

Now, I would love a call in conference number so I don't have to kill three hours of time between work and a meeting in a town in which I don't live.
IM chats are great, but probably not to start because it's too slow.
The forums are great, but not for dealing with the global issues.
These remote and isolated forms of communication cannot compare with the energy, excitement and fellowship that is created in face to face meetings. If that weren't the case, then why do business people travel so much?

Our meetings will not be semi-public, but open to all. It may be a little inconvenient to attend, but if one is passionate enough about an issue, then one will find a way be there.

polar x
January 26th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Our meetings will not be semi-public, but open to all. It may be a little inconvenient to attend, but if one is passionate enough about an issue, then one will find a way be there.

Just remember some of us can not change our schedules regardless of how passionate we feel. Remote access would be helpful. just an opinion.

Wild Cheetah 612
January 26th, 2008, 05:31 PM
I think this is a good starting point, Donna. Let's try to get a meeting set up. Can we do next week, say Wednesday around 7pm at Breck Brewery? Glenn #62
Jon Glaefke will be out of town. I think he will be particularly helpful to our cause with his background. How 'bout Thursday. Be nice if we could meet a bit earlier. I will send an email to all those who have signed up as part or full time and get a consensus. Then I'll post the meeting time. All MRA members are invited to attend!

glenngsxr
January 27th, 2008, 11:03 AM
I understand the point of people not being able to make it, but I assure you that your input is just as important as any. I will take meeting notes and post them here so everyone can read. My main objective with this first meeting is to get all the ideas consolidated onto one platform and run with it. After that, I can see what things we need to get done and delegate from there. Right now, we have a forum full of great ideas, but it is just too hard to see what everyone has in mind by forum posts alone. I don't plan on having these weekly so it will not be a time suck for anyone. Also, I will NOT hold it against anyone who cannot make it. As of now, we are shooting for Thursday at possibly 6pm? Glenn #62