PDA

View Full Version : MiniBike Racing in Colorado

dave.gallant
January 12th, 2008, 09:14 PM
These guys are doing what we do here in Colorado, only smaller! Cool stuff!

http://rmminimoto.com/

coax
January 12th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Roger that! The rules and classes for the 2008 season are posted. The Motard/Shifter classes have everything from 50cc 2 stroke to 176cc 4 stroke. We also race pocket bikes. It is a great farm system for the kids and a good place to have some fun between big bike races. Join the mailing list for updates and the season schedule to be run on 1 or more tracks near you!

Lel399
January 13th, 2008, 08:37 PM
reese johnston (#71 Luke johnston's son) did a few rounds winning quite a few races... including i think whooping up on the full grown senior class!

http://rmminimoto.com/Standings.html

lel

coax
January 13th, 2008, 10:24 PM
That is correct. Reese is a very talented young kid and just had too much for the other juniors, so we opted to have him race with the Seniors because of his demonstrated proficiency. He doesn't score points as a senior though. I look forward to his continuing development and I think with increased skills, line development and further competition he will be one to watch.
Programs like ours are exactly why the Euros dominant Road Racing at the highest levels. The kids have a farm system to develop in and the adults a place to have fun, relatively inexpensive racing. Look at the 2005 Moto GP and support class champions; Luthi, Pedrosa and Rossi. All of these guys raced pocketbikes, moved to shifters then on to full blown racing bikes. It is the Euro way and it works.
I race there because I love motorcycles and racing multiple classes. You are all invited to come out and race with us even if it is just on the off weekends from big bikes. Peace out.

Kevin Coaxum

marty
January 14th, 2008, 01:10 AM
are you guys planning on having any races at imi? i will be there tomorrow (monday)on my nsr50 in the afternoon if you want to meet up. i won't be checking the forum between now and then, but if you want to give me a ring at 303 263 5069 feel free (the invitation is open to anyone)
marty

bluedevil
January 14th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Ohh no... I been trying to get involved in this type of racing for some time now.. I knew Luke's son was racing and was looking into trying to run that circuit myself..... For 50 bucks Club fee and $25 a race entry fees..... This may be my future racing career...

coax
January 14th, 2008, 08:51 AM
are you guys planning on having any races at imi? i will be there tomorrow (monday)on my nsr50 in the afternoon if you want to meet up. i won't be checking the forum between now and then, but if you want to give me a ring at 303 263 5069 feel free (the invitation is open to anyone)
marty

One of our goals this season is to race a venue in the Denver area again. I believe IMI is the best and safest facility in that area. At this point, we need all interested to visit the website, get on the mailing list for updates, let us know you are serious and what classes you project to be racing in. As you know, numbers are what count when you want a facility for the day and don't want to be rushed
Thanks for the invite to IMI, but I won't make it. I plan on getting in some quality time there in the future though. I have some coordinations with changes to do for a business trip later this month.

coax
January 14th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Ohh no... I been trying to get involved in this type of racing for some time now.. I knew Luke's son was racing and was looking into trying to run that circuit myself..... For 50 bucks Club fee and $25 a race entry fees..... This may be my future racing career...

Come on out and get involved! I wouldn't be surprised to see Luke out there this year. He might even find himself getting humbled by Reese (that would be good). Yea the club fees (all of it) go towards the awards and the end of the season BBQ. The tracks fees are for insurance and track time only. I would expect the track fees to be a little higher in the Denver area. We have manged to keep race entry fees to where that covers all classes you are eligible to race in for the day.

HAMMER
January 27th, 2008, 10:12 PM
im all ready , ysr and a ching aling chineese motard. lookin foward to the mini racing.... gonna be at imi soon too. just got all my minis tightened up for the track........

look for the 213 :twisted:

coax
January 29th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Good news to hear. I'm already pumped and the season is still a couple of months away. It just figures the weather would start to improve when I'm out of town on business. I'm still working on my formula 1 class 4 stroke. It will be about 2 months before my Formula 2 bike is ready for testing.

HAMMER
January 29th, 2008, 11:38 PM
so im a little confused.. i have a chineese 125 4 stroke (motaRD) . can i race it?... so does my buddy....i also have a 88 kit on a crf 50 ?????? and a ysr with a rt180 motor... just wan2 know wht i should build for the most competitive class. 2 stroke 50cc?? or what. ktm pro or polini or what????? :?

coax
February 2nd, 2008, 11:00 AM
so im a little confused.. i have a chineese 125 4 stroke (motaRD) . can i race it?... so does my buddy....i also have a 88 kit on a crf 50 ?????? and a ysr with a rt180 motor... just wan2 know wht i should build for the most competitive class. 2 stroke 50cc?? or what. ktm pro or polini or what????? :?

Just got back in town last night. The Chinese 125 4 stroke is in the F2 class, which goes up to 136cc for 4 smokes. The CRF 50 w/ the 88cc kit can be raced in the Formula1 class (primarily), but you can race up in class also too. I don't know what a rt 180 engine is, but there are no classes for 4 strokes over 176cc or two strokes over 105cc. Right now we are looking at dropping the Formula 5 class for this season, due to basically no interest.

The most competitive and largest class will be the Formula 1 class. There are supposedly s***loads of NSRs in that class. I own a NSR also, but wanted to start getting into the 4 strokes. That is my reason for building my 88cc crf 50. I'm even trying to go with stock suspension with heavy duty springs so it will be light. I haven't got it on a track or put the Dunlops on it yet. The clock will determine which one I'll race.

Formula 2 should be pretty good size also. I am going to be running a 135cc 4 stroke in that class (bored china cylinder). I haven't decided on a chassis yet, but it will need a better suspension set up and more wheel base. You have my e-mail address. send me an e-mail if you have some other questions.

coax
February 5th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Due to the apparent lack of interest in the Formula 5 class, Rocky Mountain Mini Moto will consider dropping the F5 class for the 2008 season. If you are interested in racing this class, you need to log onto rmminimoto.com and send an e-mail to the administration.