PDA

View Full Version : T-Bag's 1st Annual New Years Day XR Party!

T Baggins
December 29th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Come one, come all to the First Annual

"Freeze Your Ass off so Others Don't Have to - XR Race and Fundraiser"

That's right! We're racing XR's on our 1.3 mile long XR track on New Years Day to support "The Crossing" which is a family-oriented Denver Rescue Mission interim housing project for displaced families. Yes, the track is 1.3 miles long - seriously. :D

To participate you must bring at least one coat in good condition, or ten non-perishable food items per attendee to be donated to "The Crossing". Bring the whole family if you want, but everyone's gotta donate whether they ride or not. Obviously donate as much as you can, as it all goes to a good cause. (It should be noted that "The Crossing" has no idea we're doing this, and they have not blessed or sanctioned this in any way. Suzanne and I just like supporting them, and so this seemed like a good way to collect even more stuff.)

When:

Tuesday, January 1st, 2008 from Noon to 3:00 pm

Where:

Yekel-Baker's XR Acres
7482 Patrick Trail
Elizabeth, CO 80107

720-851-4197

Details:
We'll provide a grill and propane - other than that you're on your own for food and drink.

Bring canopies and propane space heaters if you have them - it's gonna be cold.

It is kid-friendly, but we have limited space (and even fewer responsible adults) to keep your little ones safe and warm so please use discretion if you're bringing offspring.

Alcohol is welcome, but obviously we'd prefer you not drink until after you're done riding.

Everyone will have to sign a waiver - just like at the "real" races - that acknowledges that this is a stupid thing to do and if you get hurt it's your own damn fault.

This event will run rain, snow, or shine. Don't be a pussy and bail even if the weather is bad.

Helmet cams, video cams, and the like are encouraged.

Equipment:

Appropriate riding gear required. Helmets, boots, & gloves at a MINIMUM - but the more the better. There will be crashing, I guarantee it.

The track is intended for 4-stroke bikes 150cc and smaller (or 2-smokes up to 80cc). Please don't bring anything bigger as I won't let you ride it anyway - and then you'll get all mad and I'll have to have my wife kick your ass. :wink:

Female participants, however, are allowed to increase displacement under the following guidelines. One cc for every inch of brassiere size, and TEN cc's per cup size (A=10cc, B=20cc, C=30cc, D=40cc, etc...). :shock: So, 36 C gets a 66cc handicap, or up to 216cc. :lol: Ashli, I guess you can ride whatever you want. :oops: Ladies, be forewarned - you may be "protested" if there is any evidence of cheating - and teardowns will ensue. I'll have V.P. of Rules and Tech Ray-Ray here to ensure compliance. :lol:

Directions:

DO NOT USE MAPQUEST or any other directional thingy - it will take you all over the place!

From E-470 & Smoky Hill Road (where the new Southlands Mall is)
Go East on Smoky Hill Road 2.1 miles to the weird stopsign intersection at Powhaton.
Turn Right on Powhaton and go 1 mile South to County Line Road.
Turn Left on County Line Road and go 8.1 miles East to Patrick Trail (just after County Road 29).
Turn Right on Patrick Trail and we're the 4th house on the right (about .7 miles)
Park in the pasture to the right of the driveway (if you have 4wd) or along the street. Please do not block up the driveway with your vehicles.

Any questions, please give me a call. If you don't have fun at this thing, there's simply no hope for you...

720-851-4197

rforsythe
December 29th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Bring canopies and propane space heaters if you have them - it's gonna be cold.

What, you call 37 degrees cold? Bah.

The track is intended for 4-stroke bikes 150cc and smaller (or 2-smokes up to 80cc). Please don't bring anything bigger as I won't let you ride it anyway - and then you'll get all mad and I'll have to have my wife kick your ass. :wink:

What if I just ride my XR400 like a pansy? Wait, I do that anyway...

Sucks, no little bike in the garage :(, and I don't have big enough man-boobs to qualify for the "displacement handicap".

Cool idea Tony! I hope you get a ton of stuff!

T Baggins
December 29th, 2007, 01:04 PM
37 degrees in Denver, maybe, but we're at 6100' and it's usually 10 degrees colder here at a minimum.

Yeah, sorry about the big bike thing. Track just isn't suited for them.

I did just do two laps on the XR and there are places where the snow is 12" deep. Never got stuck, but it was "interesting" to say the least.

Who's in?

froth
December 29th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Teri and I will be bringing three xr100's and we can't be riding them all the time, so come on down.

I'm going to raid the closets and pantry (I've got some great stuff set up and never seem to get at them, so someone should enjoy it!)

We're looking forward to this, thanks Tony Baker!

JWinter
December 30th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Tony, I got an XR 50 for x-mas, I will plan on attending, I'll make the trip down from Greeley.

Spicee Brown
December 31st, 2007, 12:16 AM
Can i ride a slightly de-clawed version of your old RZ 500..a vintage 1975 RD350!?! That'll make things interesting! Tony, my friend, can i come to donate and spectate? An watch others LACTATE? As they DECIMATE..the Rural ESTATE? ( slightly taken from Dinah-MO-Hum frank ZAPPA RIP)..but its an original DAVE-ism..
dave Cop-Pow
MRA 164 Kaw 636

T Baggins
December 31st, 2007, 01:36 PM
We will have extra bikes, so come on down.

Coonshead and I did some racing around Saturday, and let's just say that I really enjoyed watching him crash. Repeatedly. :lol:

polar x
December 31st, 2007, 04:31 PM
Coonshead and I did some racing around Saturday, and let's just say that I really enjoyed watching him crash. Repeatedly. :lol:

I was checking for hard spots in the course.....it was all for the saftey of your riders on Tuesday :roll: crashing.....PAlease... 8)

froth
January 1st, 2008, 07:41 PM
Hey T-Bag:

That was a lot of fun today! I was thinking of wearing a large set of falsies and seeing if I could take the 520 out.

Thanks again.

Fred

T Baggins
January 2nd, 2008, 08:17 AM
Yes, we had a marvelous time! Collected 18 coats and about ten pounds of food. The conditions were actually quite good, and so long as you kept moving you never got cold (well unless you crashed, which I managed to do repeatedly). Thanks to everyone for coming out, and to Ray-Ray for driving the Excursion/Zamboni and grooming the track.

Ray-Ray
January 2nd, 2008, 09:21 AM
Thanks Tony.. THAT was a blast!