View Full Version : 2008 R2SL Dates

Dizzy D
December 29th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Did not see this posted here:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=255718#post255718

rforsythe
December 29th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Thanks Donna!

We also plugged the MRA a bit in our PR (on RRW, among other sites). Also given the level of participation we're expecting at the July Hastings event, which is right before the MRA weekend, you guys are likely to have an audience for your races - make sure your bikes are shiny and pits look neat! You're going to get some national attention that weekend.

Regarding the Hastings event, of course MRA racers are welcome to ride at the R2SL event the same as you would for an open practice - the difference this time is that George at MPH is a generous guy, and we're donating the proceeds to children's charities.

Online registration will be live March 1st for all R2SL events. We do recommend getting signed up and paid there since space is limited by safety and the laws of physics, and MRA racers probably won't be the only ones in the 'Race' group on those days.

In the coming months we're going to be requesting help in the way of corner working and volunteers in other areas.

If you've never heard of R2SL, check out the web site at www.racing2savelives.org and read up! This is a charity started in 2004 by some of us here in the MRA (Tony Baker, the Foxworthy's, and myself) and driven by a lot of others who have sat on the Board (Ray-Ray and Lisa, Greg Greenwood, Donna Bowden, Drew Brown) and MANY volunteers from here and the CSC (as well as people who come out of the woodwork to help out), who without their help, these events would not happen.

My sincere thanks goes to those who have helped R2SL grow to what it is today, and to those who will help us out in the future. The amazing amount of work that goes into the organization and the events makes a true difference in the lives of children in need, and involvement is something to be proud of.

We also are seeking corporate (and generous personal) sponsors for 2008 to help our donations grow even further. If you are interested or know someone who is, simply PM me here on the MRA forums, or email the info @ racing2savelives.org inbox and let me know.

Again, thank you, and I hope to see all of you at R2SL in '08 either riding or volunteering!