PDA

View Full Version : Gene's headstone unveiling

jplracing
December 23rd, 2007, 05:27 PM
Gene's parent's have invited all of Gene's friends to attend a ceremony on January 12th at 2pm at the grave

Gene's headstone has been installed and his parents would like to invite everyone to attend to remember 502

Motorcycles are welcome

Any questions please let me know

Joe

The GECCO
December 23rd, 2007, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the notice, Joe.

For those that don't know or don't remember, Gene is at Fairmount Cemetery, located at Alameda and Quebec.

http://www.fairmountcemetery.net/

SiC-0
December 23rd, 2007, 10:32 PM
Should be a great time.

jplracing
December 24th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Should be a great time.

John,

Interested in clarifing this?

I really hope you are not saying this is going to be some sort of fun event for you

JimWilson29
December 24th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Should be a great time.

John,

Interested in clarifing this?

I really hope you are not saying this is going to be some sort of fun event for you

Joe-
Brizz's (John) reply surprised me, too. One would think that he would have posted something a little more meaningful and appropriate for this topic.

dave_g
December 24th, 2007, 10:56 AM
SiC-O -

Just fair warning - This is a topic that if you do not treat with respect will get you banned from this forum forever.

jbird
December 24th, 2007, 01:30 PM
I'm sure he meant that it will be great to see all of the people that cared for Gene and see his memorial.

It's Christmas Eve and you guys just need to calm down.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday

Ashli
December 24th, 2007, 02:43 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there. It's very beautiful, they did a wonderful job.

jplracing
December 24th, 2007, 04:37 PM
If I knew how to post a pic of it I would....it is very well done.

froth
December 24th, 2007, 05:47 PM
I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. We can see friends, and celebrate the life that while all to brief, was extremely well lived.

Remember the words of Gen. Patton. Something to the effect that we should not so much mourn the fact that he died, but celbrate and be thankful that such a young man lived.

Just a thought.

Fred

Bueller999
December 24th, 2007, 06:28 PM
here you go Joe, It is really nice!
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/rmsupermoto999/headstone.jpg

SiC-0
December 24th, 2007, 06:31 PM
SiC-O -

Just fair warning - This is a topic that if you do not treat with respect will get you banned from this forum forever.

Relax. it was ment just as explained. It will be a good turn out. Dont go getting panties in a wad. :roll:

Raggedy
December 25th, 2007, 10:38 AM
That is simply amazing......

Wild Cheetah 612
December 25th, 2007, 01:25 PM
That headstone is beautiful and thought provoking! A gorgeous piece of art by which to remember him.

hcr25
December 26th, 2007, 07:44 AM
amazing headstone! kinda resembles the picture in my avatar.

Ray-Ray
December 26th, 2007, 07:52 AM
WOW!!!

Wahooman
December 26th, 2007, 03:41 PM
I will echo Ray-Ray.....WOW! Very moving piece of art. I plan to be there.

jenners225
December 27th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Wow, its breathtaking! I would love to say it captures his spirit even. I don't know how to post pictures but it reminds me of one I have seen frequently of him, I'm sure you all know the one!

-puck-
December 27th, 2007, 09:20 PM
That is the most beautiful and fitting headstone I think I have ever seen for any particular individual. Really, if Gene were looking down and could outright pick it himself, I think it would be just that. His family has honored him well with such a wonderful piece of art.

I'm so glad to have known you for the short time I did bro....

Lel399
December 27th, 2007, 09:45 PM
it is awesome looking!

jason

tomtom
December 27th, 2007, 10:20 PM
That is Very Cool !! Shows Gene's sharp focus
before the race.

KipBook
December 28th, 2007, 08:41 PM
That is the most beautiful and inspiring headstone I have ever seen. I may not have known Gene very well, but all of you who did, keep remembering him at the track and in this forum. I enjoy reading and hearing all the stories and learning just how wonderful Gene is. Even though he may not be with us physically, it is evident to me that his spirit lives on in all of your memories. It's great.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
December 29th, 2007, 01:19 PM
http://users.frii.com/jjb/emote/yeah_that.gif++

What a perfect reminder of Gene. Has anyone contacted Ulrich/RWMT to have this event & memorial put in the magazine?

jplracing
January 9th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Just a reminder that this is this Saturday at 2pm

Weather permitting some of us are talking about riding. If you would like to join we will be meeting at the fay myers parking lot at 1pm

JimWilson29
January 14th, 2008, 11:01 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~jimwilson7020/Images/EugeneBazylHeadstone1.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~jimwilson7020/Images/EugeneBazylHeadstone2.JPG

Wahooman
January 14th, 2008, 02:36 PM
I am so glad I got to go to this. Great photo Jim...I took a bunch but yours turned out nicely. THanks to all that came to share in this special time. I still can't get over the "art" of his tombstone.....incredible.

Jon
January 14th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Though I did not make it by the event I do look forward to stopping by and giving my respects to Gene. Though I knew him only a short time, I learned what a bright young man he was and always admired his drive.

Spicee Brown
January 16th, 2008, 08:52 PM
I wish I could have met him, if that Memorial doesnt sum up anything so perfect I dont know what does. What a way to show thanks and respect to a great individual. It was so moving I got teared up. Sorry everyone, for your loss. Its been a while , but everyones still feeling it. Never forget.
Thanks for the pic, Bueller and Jim.