PDA

View Full Version : HPR is halfway there!

The GECCO
December 21st, 2007, 08:04 AM
Check out the thermometer at http://www.highplainsraceway.com !!

A couple weeks ago we finalized all the legal stuff for the loan program and have begun to distribute the information packets to selected potential lenders. As the loan commitments are signed and returned, those funds are added to the thermometer. You should start seeing some large "jumps" in the next few weeks, so keep an eye on it!!

bluedevil
December 21st, 2007, 08:09 AM
I think I Pee'd a little :D

kcecil
December 21st, 2007, 08:56 AM
Are things happening fast enough to meet next year's schedule?

EdDuenez
December 21st, 2007, 01:51 PM
:D :D Looking Gooooood

The GECCO
December 21st, 2007, 02:53 PM
Are things happening fast enough to meet next year's schedule?

There are three things that need to happen:

- get the USR/zoning approved (we are in the final stages)
- get enough lenders committed
- get enough fundraising

The third one is the biggest hurdle.

The final vote on the USR is scheduled early in 2008 (before Feb 15th) and there is no indication at all that there will be any problems.

We have had verbal commitments from about 75% of the needed number of lenders, with more as "maybe", for quite a while. The money was not included in the thermometer until now because we didn't want to mislead anyone.

We are still about $100,000 away from our minimum fundraising goal. Bear in mind that this MINIMUM will get you a bare-bones facility. No showers. No garages. No power in the pits. The track will be first rate but the amenities will be non-existent. The majority of MRA members have not donated a cent towards your new track. The total raised by our club so far is just under $70,000. Three very generous members account for over $30,000 of that number.

I am very confident that I will be able to stand in front of you at the banquet and truthfully say that the ONLY THING standing in the way of building this track is YOU, and YOUR DONATIONS. Too few have stepped up. Too many are thinking that someone else will take care of it for them. The track won't get built that way. Those that haven't donated need to look in the mirror.