PDA

View Full Version : ANYONE KNOW VOLVO FRONT ENDS????

polar x
December 14th, 2007, 09:11 PM
I have a headlight assembly that needs replacement. Volvo wants an arm and a leg and part of one testicle. :roll: Anybody here capable of taking the job on? requires partially removing the front bumper passenger side. Plus anyone got a cheaper cost on a replacement?

Need it done pretty soon.

Thanks
Chris

Jon
December 14th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Chris
Welcome to the world of fine European autos, A salvage yard such as Blake's in Erie maybe your best bet or do some research online and you can still maybe find the headlamp cheaper. As far as the work, it's pretty straight forward as it's a standard Unibody frame but first the parts that make up the front end all need to be straight. Is this an Insurance job? Sounds like your wanting to keep them out of it as with the price of the headlamp is what $500 more. I know just be glad you don't have an AUDI! I know of several independents hell Mike Applegate can maybe help you, that do this type of work. Mike at AC collision in Boulder is cheap, honest and more than able to do the work and maybe able to come up with a headlight as well. I used to repair, restore and repaint Germain cars and the works pretty straight forward it's just know what goes where how to align it and knowing a few tricks of the trade. There's repair manuals to guide you through it and the only problem is the price of the parts. You built a top ten ROR bike you can repair your Volvo.

dave.gallant
December 14th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Speaking of which, any junk yards local that have German piles for the picking??

Jon
December 14th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Blakes used car salvage in Erie's one. I've sent a couple there way. One 320I rolled four times on the way to Steamboat.....not a straight part on the whole damn thing! Barvarian Auto Works another and my favorite for rebuildables is Alpharetta Auto parts in Alpharetta GA. .....wonder if there still open? There out there and there's parts to be had.
I used to make a good damn living doing it but some of the chemicals used along with pulling the damn frame straight using tons of force with chains, rams and sheer gut wrenching force was bound to end in ugliness oneday! Fun work though. Now all I need's an old musclecar with a big freeking engine and no brakes!

Spicee Brown
December 15th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Glad to help..Im a volvo freak with a 240, 2 164E's and a 940 Turbo..all at one time. Im down to a vintage 164 and same 940 T.
Big secret is SIDEWINDER salvage on 58th heading east in Denver, right past the train tacks underpass. Volvos are a delicacy in Boulder, whereas in this U pull it, its CHEAP. Check the phone book, I dont have their numb
Since Im not hoarding parts there any more, I thought Id share to a fellow MRA racer.
Oh, my MRA number is 164. Catchy! My favorite car.

Spicee Brown
December 15th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Oh BTW , is this a Modern Volvo? Chans Toyota Volvo has a small yard out back and they help me TONS with parts . They do old and new stuff.
Big ups to them. 303 449 6449 in the republic of Boulder.
I feel your pain, but I love these cars.
Slow car=Fast bike.
Happy Holidays
Dave

polar x
December 15th, 2007, 11:15 AM
wow :shock: I did not expect to see much of a reply in 24 hrs. cool

Its an 02 S80 T6. No wreck just a rock thru the passenger headlight. Volvo wants $650 to replace. They want $444 for the damn assembly. I have found after market for $195 and OE for $370. But Volvo said I would have to take off one side of the front bumper to get the assembly out and replaced. I have NO experience with that shit so I would like someone elses help or pay them to do it. So thats the nut in a shell.

Who wants to tackle it...anyone anyone.

Wahooman
December 15th, 2007, 03:21 PM
If you have no luck with the above post back up....I can give you some ideas.
If you want new I would check with Certifit. New stuff, good qaulity, and GREAT prices!!
THey are at 58th and Washington.

Lurch
December 16th, 2007, 02:52 PM
PM sent. Chris if you didn't get it I can help you with replacement giv e me a shout.

Lurch

Spicee Brown
December 16th, 2007, 06:32 PM
You wont find anything like that At Sidewinder. The S80 is a modern marvel= $$$$. Theres so many computers in that car you get brain cancer. Cant help on that one..only the vintage stuff. Good luck man, keep Rollin.