PDA

View Full Version : Banquet?

chrobis
December 12th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Is there a date for this year's awards banquet? (If that doesn't prompt at least one 'goat' reply, I'll be really disappointed.)

DingleBerns
December 12th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Last I heard, Feb. 9, 2008....

Jon
December 13th, 2007, 11:58 AM
I've often wondered why like it used to be, not during the same year. I believe it's because everyone's so broke. I'm sure Tony has the explanation of the revenue flow and expenditures of the club and that has in recent years been the reason for the Banquet being the following year. I believe once the revenue from new license app's start rolling in it helps pay for them. Reagrdless Glenn and Tony I'm sure will post soon. Should be a good time and again Merry Christmas.

bluedevil
December 13th, 2007, 12:04 PM
The Banq.. is always a good time... except when someone gives Tony the mic.. 00--00

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
December 13th, 2007, 12:51 PM
The Banq.. is always a good time... except when someone give Tony the mic..
I'll bring a fresh roll of duct tape.

hcr25
December 13th, 2007, 12:54 PM
How about a warm cup of shut the hell up :lol:

Ray-Ray
December 13th, 2007, 12:54 PM
[/quote]
I'll bring a fresh roll of duct tape.[/quote]

Don't forget the sharpie!!

DingleBerns
December 19th, 2007, 08:55 PM
does anyone know when the tickets go on sale?

The GECCO
December 19th, 2007, 10:41 PM
When I get around to it :D

Probably just after new years

DingleBerns
December 20th, 2007, 09:47 AM
lol thanks Glenn!

hcr25
December 20th, 2007, 10:24 AM
When I get around to it

Probably just after new years

Are you being "short" with him? :D

The GECCO
December 20th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Better watch it, Applesauce, I can reach high enough to pop you in that knee that's all jacked up!

hcr25
December 20th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Lol, that's true! I will get Chuck Liddell errr i mean Roberta to protect me. Ask her about her little bar fight on saturday night. :shock:

Throttleroller277
December 20th, 2007, 04:27 PM
........ bar fight on saturday night. :shock:

:shock: Why wasn't I invited!!?? 8) 8)

EdDuenez
December 25th, 2007, 11:20 PM
The price for the ticket some one ?????? :D

James W
January 6th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Any news on the banquet? We are trying to arrange for a babysitter! :D

The GECCO
January 6th, 2008, 08:50 PM
ummm...it's still on the 9th! I am waiting to hear back from the hotel on a couple small details, then we will activate the page for people to buy tickets.

The GECCO
January 8th, 2008, 10:13 AM
OK, I think we are all set!

Web GURU Dave will have the page for ordering tickets up and running before too very long. We will also send out a mailer for ordering tickets, you should see it in the next 10 days or so.

Here's some advance details (most is the same as last year, though we added the veggie lasagna):

What: The Motorcycle Roadracing Association 2007 Season Awards Banquet

When: Saturday, February 9th, 2008 at 7:00PM ( Doors will open for cocktails and bench racing at 6:00 )

Where: Denver Renaissance Hotel
3801 Quebec Street
Denver, Colorado 80207
www.denverrenaissance.com
303-800-1314

How Much: $60.00 per ticket (includes coffee, tea, taxes and gratuities)

Come on out for an evening of celebration and get your mid-winter fix of the racing community! Don't miss the opportunity to recognize all the wonderful members who make the MRA the best club racing organization in the country. We hope you'll join us!

The menu is as follows:

- Spinach & Radicchio Salad Strawberries (Candied Walnuts, Blue Cheese & Balsamic Vinaigrette)
- Marinated Green Bean Salad (Pinons, Roasted Peppers, Corn, Red Onion & Cotija Cheese)

- Vegetarian Lasagna
- BBQ Salmon w/Grilled Peach, Red Grape & Mint Relish
- Mesquite Smoked Turkey Breast - Sweet Potato Puree & Lingonberry Chutney
- Coffee & Brown Sugar Rubbed Sirloin - Spicy Chipotle Molasses Glaze

- Yukon Potato, Gouda & Rosemary Gratin

- Banana Rum Creme Brulee
- Caramel Apple Torte
- Mini Chocolate Croquant Cakes
- White Raspberry Rendezvous

Cash and carry bar service

Because this will a buffet style dinner a ticket must be purchased in order to attend.

In order to give our hosts an accurate headcount tickets must be purchased in advance. Please return the ticket order forms or order online by January 26th!!

Hotel Room Information: Rooms at the Denver Renaissance Hotel are available at the rate of $89.00 per night. Call 303-800-1314 and ask for a reservations agent. Be sure to tell the reservations agent that you are with the MRA Banquet to get the special rate

bluedevil
January 8th, 2008, 12:50 PM
For those of you who did not attend last year... the food is excellent... and the company is so so (kidding kidding) My tasebuds are screaming already for some of that Caramel Apple Torte..... \:D/