PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Raceday Schedule

The GECCO
December 11th, 2007, 08:22 AM
***Edit for 2009 - the raceday schedule will remain unchanged for 2009 compared to the 2008 schedule, so please see below for the 2009 raceday schedule***

Hello all,

We have made some significant changes to the raceday schedule for 2008. Our goals in doing this included (but were not limited to) the following:

- Shorten the Sunday schedule so that everyone can get on the road sooner.
- Lengthen the Saturday schedule. It doesn't matter how late we are at the track since most everyone will be racing on both days anyway.
- Arrange the races such that MOST racers (ie, those riding a single bike) will have their events spread out over the weekend.
- Have Supersport races one day and Superbike races the next, to minimize tire/wheel changes for those that are running both slicks and DOTS.

Note the Sunday and Monday schedules for the Double Header weekend - the Saturday sprint races have been added to the beginning and the end of the day and marked with * to indicate the changes from the "normal" schedule for those days. The Endurance races are the only classes that will not run twice at the Double Header weekend.

Saturday AM practice is different. We did more combining and lengthening of sessions on order to cut out the fourth round. The upside is that you will actually get a few MORE minutes of actual track time (55 versus 48). You'll get three longer sessions instead of four shorter sessions. Obviously they may be a bit more crowded for the groups that are "combined". We will instruct the staff not to deviate from this schedule so you won't be caught off guard by sudden changes.

Here it is

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/TheGECCO/mra/2009RacedaySchedule.jpg

The GECCO
December 12th, 2007, 09:43 AM
I just wanted to clarify something that I realize wasn't made clear enough (it was clear enough to me when I wrote it....of course, I already knew what my point was! :lol: )

When I said
We will instruct the staff not to deviate from this schedule so you won't be caught off guard by sudden changes
this is with respect to the combining or un-combining of the sessions only. Bob and/or Kip will continue to adjust the actual times as necessary to get us back on schedule if we get started late or something like that.

The GECCO
December 14th, 2007, 01:37 PM
There has been a change, rather insignificant. We have swapped the Twins/MV races. The schedule in the first post reflects the new version.

If you are still seeing STGTU/MVGTO before lunch, clear your cache and reload this page to view the new file!

The GECCO
March 5th, 2009, 04:19 PM
First post updated!

T Baggins
April 23rd, 2009, 08:39 AM
to the top.

T Baggins
May 18th, 2009, 02:10 PM
to the top, note Double Header Schedule for Hastings this weekend.

Reminder, Colorado Class runs with Sportsman now - NOT on Saturday as the schedule suggests.

The GECCO
May 18th, 2009, 10:30 PM
To the top again, with a newly revised/updated/accurate schedule (nothing has changed, the schedule above now accurately reflects what we've been doing all along)