PDA

View Full Version : traffic lawyer?

turbohoje
November 29th, 2007, 12:37 AM
i just got lucky speeding ticket #7 this year. i'm prbly going to need a lawyer, anybody have any recommendations?

Jon
November 29th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Justin,
I'm presently driving with a probationary license myself as I had a similar run of bad luck. If you get over 11 in a year your up for suspension. My attorney managed to get me a red or probationary license and was brilliant in my defense. But then again I've got two kids and my own business that I have to travel as it's the only way I can make a living. Regardless he and the firm is one of the best in DUI and traffic defense. His names Chris Charles his numbers 303-757-2200.
I had to take a master drive course, write a letter defending a good driving record (never having been involved in an accident) and plead being a good driver who had a bad year. I'm not sure what if anything he could do for you (how the hell do you still have your license as is?) but he'd be a start, so give him a shout. best of luck and let me know how it turns out.

bluedevil
November 29th, 2007, 07:52 AM
We better get you a new helmet for your scooter... You might need it soon... :lol: :shock:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w211/bluedevild/Helmetpic.jpg

turbohoje
November 29th, 2007, 08:35 AM
thanks jon, i will give him a call. from the sounds of it he is exactly what i'm looking for.

hopefully the fact that i never signed the ticket will work to my advantage. 'i aint passed the bar', but is that called a 'technicality'.

how do i still have my license? 3 are out of state, only two are actually speeding tickets on the books and the rest are tail lights or turn signal bs's. To the best of my recollection, i think i have 3 or 4 points on there, so this one would put me at 0 (or neg 4 if i cant come up with ins for this borrowed car).

Throttleroller277
November 29th, 2007, 08:49 AM
And everyone is always giving me a hard time about haulin' A$$! 8)

Check these guys out!! :shock:

Spiderman
November 29th, 2007, 08:50 AM
More info & another attorney option:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/misc/breakinthelaw.html

turbohoje
November 29th, 2007, 08:51 AM
i know wtf. i think all of my tickets are somewhere between 11 and 15 over. its total bad luck

Throttleroller277
November 29th, 2007, 08:52 AM
You're supposed to keep the tickets "out of state"! 8)

Lel399
November 29th, 2007, 09:50 AM
seriously!!!!

wtf :)

turbohoje
November 29th, 2007, 11:16 AM
i'm going to ask santa for one of these for christmas
http://www.blinder.net/

dragos13
November 29th, 2007, 11:20 AM
wanna borrow my radar detector for the trip tomorrow???

just wanna make sure my bike makes it to the track 8)

cosp600rr
November 29th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Don't you worry Casey. There will be other drivers going along as well. We will try to keep the speeds in check :D

Throttleroller277
November 29th, 2007, 01:08 PM
What's this "we" stuff!?? 8)

turbohoje
November 29th, 2007, 02:15 PM
yeah totally, radar detector, truncing police scanner, veil... whatever you got :)

cosp600rr
November 29th, 2007, 02:30 PM
SSSHHHHH I am just trying to make Casey feel better. I personally don't care how fast we go. I just want to go ride my bike!!!!!!!!!!!

dragos13
November 29th, 2007, 02:33 PM
hey dont worry about me feeling good. the track will do that!!!

justin, ara will be driving my truck up to you tonight. the radar detector is in it. if he forgets to give it to you just ask him for it. i already gave him a heads up.

cromer611
November 29th, 2007, 04:03 PM
We better get you a new helmet for your scooter... You might need it soon... :lol: :shock:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w211/bluedevild/Helmetpic.jpg

OMG what a idiot. LOL

Jon
November 29th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Best come up with the insurance for the car first. Then did you plee the tickets concerning the turn signals and etc? They (the hearing officer) love to use "will if you hadn't taken the plee you would have had blah,blah blah"
Talk to Chris, he'll tell you what they're going to do but it's going to involve some classes first probably and then you being really good for a long time. No contact with the law for anything traffic related. I think having a good past record plays a major part in it as well. Anyhow best of luck, I've got about six days before I get mine back then I've got to be good for a couple three years. I guess your going to court concerning the no insurance first? If so you will have a bit of time before the hearings officer contacts you.

turbohoje
November 29th, 2007, 09:03 PM
It was a borrowed vehicle, and the guy i borrowed it from keeps his ins in his wallet. i'll be able to proove that the vehicle was insured no problem.

i think the lawyer would help because the ticket is not signed. i managed to piss the cop off so bad, he didnt notice i only held the pin to the pad and he ripped my copy, threw it in the car and stomped off.
i'm sure there are some notes on the other side stating my 'bad attitude', but then again the summons isnt signed where is says "i agree to show up at this date" yodda.

cu260r6
November 29th, 2007, 10:26 PM
My huge wealth of legal experience, all 3 months of it, tells me your best advice is to slow down. :D Seriously though, with that many tickets if you ever got into an accident the other party would have an easy job proving a case against you to a jury even if it wasn't all your fault.

turbohoje
November 29th, 2007, 10:36 PM
yeah that sucks. my excuse is that i have been spending an in ordinate amount of time in the car (like 15 hours a week driving to remote-ass locations) and that increased my odds.

mushin_man39
November 30th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Call me for some simple answers, if you want. No promises, but may be able to refer you to someone near you or give you some pointers

Carl West, #442
Attorney

Jon
November 30th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Chris Charles works for Charles Fife (No relation to Barney) and Associates who are well known and respected in the Traffic business. I again recommend his firm.