PDA

View Full Version : Road Racer X Magazine Article

genoamotorsports
November 14th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Just thought we'd let you know we are mentioned in an article in the magazine. It's an interview with our track designer Martyn Thake. http://www.genoamotorsports.com/ Part of our effort to achieve FIM certification.

Mark Schellinger
November 14th, 2007, 03:10 PM
That's a cool article.
It's nice the track design team cares about motorcycles.

I went and saw Genoa Motorsports Park in-person.
It's gonna be BADASS.

OConnell
November 14th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Are you seeking FIM certification as an advertisement and liability benefit? Or are you going to try to get some sort of professional race circuit to run at genoa??

genoamotorsports
November 15th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Are you seeking FIM certification as an advertisement and liability benefit? Or are you going to try to get some sort of professional race circuit to run at genoa??

Sorry for the late response. My internet provider was down until now. We are going for the FIM (as well as for the FIA) for two basic reasons - safety, and to welcome bikes. Most tracks seem to be built for cars and bikes seem to be an after-thought, we think the track should be designed for the safe use of cars and bikes from the outset. Sure this is a positive marketing item, but that was a secondary consideration. We are racers (of cars) but we believe racing is racing (or high performance driving/riding) regardless of vehicle. For example, we will not have gravel pits for run-off, but a whole lot of run-off area all around the track - this is good for cars and bikes. I hope this brief explanation helps.

genoamotorsports
November 17th, 2007, 06:28 AM
We have updated our website with our Membership information (all Memberships are unlimited track use) and a video from ABC News about the Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL to give an idea of what the country club track is about (you may have to tolerate a short advertisement in the video prior to the start of the track video). Please contact us with any questions you may have. Soon we will also announce who our pro-driver is and we are working on having a bike-pro. www.genoamotorsports.com