PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Heading to Arroyo Seco - Dec 1&2 ???

vonconcepts.com
November 13th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Just got back into racing for the SMRI season finale --- thinking of heading to Arroyo Seco for the December 1-2 weekend. Seeing friendly faces there would make the decision a lot easier.

Kurt
SMRI#316

motobum
November 13th, 2007, 05:53 PM
how much is a one weekend license?

FWRider
November 13th, 2007, 07:39 PM
December 1st is just a track day with the 2nd being a four hour endurance race. $150.00 per team with no licence fee.
Make sure that you bring Fred Roth. LOL

Performance Imagery
November 13th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Not much info on their site or forums about the event.

vonconcepts.com
November 14th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Sorry fellas.... I thought it was a regular weekend --- I too found next to no info on their site.... of course endurance racing sounds fun too. PM me if someone wants to consider it.

If we are on my bike -- its old..... 1997 GSXR750 but hey - it works.

Kurt

vonconcepts.com
November 14th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Sorry fellas.... I thought it was a regular weekend --- I too found next to no info on their site.... of course endurance racing sounds fun too. PM me if someone wants to consider it.

If we are on my bike -- its old..... 1997 GSXR750 but hey - it works.

Kurt

Performance Imagery
November 15th, 2007, 06:58 AM
I was considering going down to get some photos on a new track. With the lack of info and hype on their sites, I'm not sure it's worth the drive for me.

Lel399
November 15th, 2007, 10:24 AM
The track is reasonably fun... its SUPER flat, but pretty technical; and fairly safe (out in the middle of nowhere). The best part about heading down there though is the people... Roger the owner and manager of the track is a great! guy, and really enjoys it when Colorado people make it down there.

It is definately a drive... figure on 10.5 hours to get down there... and the closest city its 20 min drive from the track. Ive never been down there late season, but I have never had good luck early season (in 2006 it freaking SNOWED in southern NM)

Check the weather before you head down, if it ends up being a nice weekend, that place can be a lot of fun (oh... if it says windy... thats not good! haha)

lel