PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from a great hunting trip

glenngsxr
November 10th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Thought I would share with some of my peeps on here what I have been doing the past two weeks. Stalking and harvesting this big boy. He is a 6x6 and considered trophy class. My first trophy and some excellent eating. warning, these pictures may not be for everyone, but they are not graphic either. Not sure who else hunts on here, but if anyone wants to get together for some waterfowl action, let me know cause I guide when I don't race. Actually, I live in the woods and prairies when I am not on the track. Glenn #62

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q295/glenngsxr/000_0382.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q295/glenngsxr/000_0380.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q295/glenngsxr/000_0379.jpg

Wahooman
November 10th, 2007, 05:41 PM
NICE Glen!! Always wonder who the other "hunters" are in the club...we need to talk. Nice size bull and definetely worth putting on the wall.
From looking at the pics could I guess you are up in north western CO?? Craig/Rangley area? Just from the terrain it looks very familiar to me...rolling hills, sage brush, etc....but hey could be anywhere.
Just got back from walking by A@@ off down near Campo/Springfield for deer....just lil guys, nothing big enough to even pull the trigger this year.
Take care and save some meat....LOL.

polar x
November 10th, 2007, 05:44 PM
What do you charge (or are offering to do it for fun) for some waterfowl action? any upland?
You can PM me if you want.

TrackStar
November 10th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Nice Bull!

Where you killing ducks and geese? I come up and hunt with Stillwater, filmed a bunch with them a couple years ago. I work for Foiles Migrators and also own Western Wingshooter. We should hook up sometime for a hunt.

Dodd
November 10th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Great looking animal. I hunted my butt off second season round Grand County looking for a nice bull and all I harvested was sore feet. And met some unhappy looking moose.

Congrats on the full freezer!

glenngsxr
November 12th, 2007, 07:54 PM
I will take anyone in the league out for free. I have three prime leases of land that I trade work for throughout the year. If anyone is interested, just shoot me a PM and we can get hooked up. Only 5 more days till the season starts. BTW, I hunt by a little town called Toponas up in the NW part of the state. Glenn #62

Wahooman
November 13th, 2007, 01:09 PM
I will also offer up some geese hunting as well......outside of Milliken, so relatively close by. Property all around my parents and typically great success with some "decs" set up.
Also have some land around the Lafayette area for geese.
Pheasant---only place is South Dakota!!
Glen, where was the bull taken at?

Wild Cheetah 612
November 13th, 2007, 08:27 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! I am gonna cry. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/sad/1381.gif He was so cute!!

glenngsxr
November 13th, 2007, 10:21 PM
wahooman,
the bull was taken just east of the flat tops by a town called yampa. I would love to get up there and do some goose hunting with you. I am always willing to trade hunts. How much would you want for a day up there? Glenn #62

Wahooman
November 14th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Glenn--
No charge at all...typically don't do that unless its a group of people we don't know etc....
We typically keep it low key and friends/family. Last year dad busted a goose from the front porch while I was walking to the barn...damn thing about landed on my head.
But its fun to call them in to the decs. Just needs some weather to hit and we can get up there and do some hunting. Stay in touch!!
Oh...and yea...familiar with the Yampa area, never hunted there though. I have a buddy who does guided mnt. lion hunts outside of craig, very successful and I hope to get on one of his hunts this year. I did see my first one hunting deer this year...sneaky damn things they are!

Earlene
November 15th, 2007, 01:46 AM
Wonderful bull !! Hey I would love to sit down with you hunters, drink some wine and hear all the stories. That's one of the best parts of a hunt. I was a hunter safety instructor for Colorado and ate some of the best chow down man has ever enjoyed. Don't you love the D.O.W. ad's that say "all done without taxpayer funds". Oh yeah, it's from the hunting and fishing licenses that "keep Colorado wild".

mtrain
November 15th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Great photos. I hunted 2nd season near Saguache, no luck. I hope you tagged it shortly after the picture was taken.

M-train.

kcecil
November 16th, 2007, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't normally say this about a guy, but, Nice Rack!

Do you have any places to hunt where the meat turns into beef (or chicken) after you shoot it? Ranchers don't like me shooting their cows so that limits my hunting.

November 19th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Nice bull Glenn! Curtis and Glenn and whoever else, lets get together for a day of waterfowl shooting!!! :D

Wahooman
November 19th, 2007, 02:24 PM
I will keep you fellow hunters informed of getting together.....just waiting for some colder weather, hopefully some snow....and then we can bang away. Anyone else have any decs? Just curious...we have a few dozen. I will keep those who have shown interest here posted....or if you are wanting to go just PM me or give me a shout and leave VM if no answer.
970-396-2120
Curtis

glenngsxr
November 19th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Curtis,
I have over 7000 decoys spread out through a couple different trailers. Fully flocked, head flocked, shells, you name it. I think the mass of the migration will start the last weekend of November. Glenn #62

Wahooman
November 19th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Glen....
7K?? Holy crap. At one time I think we had maybe 6 dozen or so. Most of mine are just shells, some silouettes, etc....nothing fancy and no mags. Where we hunt we typically don't seem to need them really.....have good luck just going out withouth them.
Stay tuned and good times will be coming.

Wahooman
December 1st, 2007, 07:42 PM
Geese are flyin! Just curious if anyone has gone out yet? I will try to plan something here soon...hope some snow gets on the ground. THey are all over my parents place every afternoon.
Stay tuned for the MRA Goose Adventure #1.

glenngsxr
December 1st, 2007, 10:49 PM
Curtis,
I have been doing pretty good down south. We definitely need to get a hunt together. I am free next weekend? Glenn #62

Wahooman
December 1st, 2007, 11:37 PM
Next weekend should work fine....maybe we could get a group to go. I will monitor the activity this week and see.
Rest of my family is in South Dakota this weekend knockin down roosters like crazy again.....I had my daughter this weekend so could not attend this year.
We will get something worked out....I have an apartment in the barn that people could come up the night before if needed to stay....wake up, walk 100 yards and you are hunting. :wink:

glenngsxr
December 2nd, 2007, 07:21 PM
oh man, count me in! Are you thinking Saturday or Sunday? Glenn #62

polar x
December 2nd, 2007, 08:06 PM
Damn it!!! You guys pick a weekend that I am in Korea :roll: :evil:
Just my luck.... I brought back my waders, over and under, goose gun, and duck gun. I am ready to knock some feathers out of the sky :!: :!:

Let me know when you are guys are going to hunt and have a spot open. I will be there if I am home.

Lurch
December 3rd, 2007, 05:47 AM
I'm down for this weekend if there is room. I finally got the cast off and I actually may be able to lift my arm high enough to shoot. If not I guess I could be the bird dog.

Lurch

glenngsxr
December 3rd, 2007, 06:27 PM
Lurch, you are far too big to be a bird dog. We don't want the water level to rise when you jump in, it scares the birds away. JK. You are more than welcome to come. OH boy, I get to talk racing to a hunter, and vice versa! Glenn #62

Wahooman
December 3rd, 2007, 07:30 PM
I am thinking Sunday......need to watch the weather reports as well......
Lurch you are more than welcome....we will get plans figured out in the next few days.
Glad there are other hunters out there to "hang" with....should be good times. I will ensure Hoopty also knows....I know he wants to go as well.
Stay tuned.

glenngsxr
December 3rd, 2007, 08:04 PM
so far, possibly.....Me, Curtis, Lurch, Hoopty. I don't think we should have much more than four, possibly five. Concealment is a problem after five. Curtis, can you call? Glenn #62

Wahooman
December 4th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Glen....PM your #...or did i miss it somewhere?
I am at my parents and will monitor activity tomorrow and see where a good spot will be...typically we sit in a large irrigation hole on the fence line.....see if decs will be worthy or not. Its NOTHING fancy...so dont worry about that....we are "farmer" hunters. I throw on coveralls jacket and good to go. I don't have any field blinds, pop up chairs, etc..... I might try to build something for us if I feel it necessary depending on how they come off the water from across the street. There is another guy hunitng up on the hill about 1/2 mile behind the house....he has been BANGING away in the afternoons...but we will just drop them before they get there...LOL.
Stay tuned and I hope this will work out...if not season just began!!

Wahooman
December 7th, 2007, 03:19 PM
It looks like all is good...just waiting to hear back from my father later tonight. Weather is coming in as well...BURRRRRRR.
Still intersted? I will be at a hockey game tonight and then back online after to check. Glen I will call you either tonight or tomorrow morning sometime.
Where people wanting to come up Saturday night? I work until 6:30 in Thornton and then would have to drive up there after. There are couches in the apartment in the barn.......just have to figure out some food I suppose. Let me know your thoughts.
Lurch what are your plans dude?
Hoopty you been reading any of this?

glenngsxr
December 7th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Curtis,
I have a bday party for a friend on saturday night, so I will more than likely drive up Sunday morning. Might have to pull an all nighter, but oh well. Do we need more dekes? Glenn #62

Lurch
December 7th, 2007, 05:28 PM
I have a party as well Saturday night so I will be driving up Sunday morning as well. Curtis give me a call (303-803-0628) or PM details if you get home late tonight. I need to go out tommorow and pick up some shells and a license.

December 15th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Did you guys make it out? If so, how did it go? I have been crazy busy with finals at school, but I'm done for the semester now! :D Hit me up if/when you decide to go!!!

303 931 2126

Lurch
December 15th, 2007, 07:58 AM
No we didn't get to go. The weather was moving in and everyone had a drive to make to it was cancelled. But now I think it's time to reschedule.

Lurch

glenngsxr
December 15th, 2007, 07:13 PM
I smashed the birds today on my property by La Junta. Glenn #62

December 15th, 2007, 11:57 PM
I hate you Glenn! :x

And yes, I do agree its time to reschedule! :twisted:

TrackStar
December 16th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Just got back from huntin in Illinois with Foiles. Good times!

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t15/blracer/illinois2008006cropped.jpg

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t15/blracer/IMG_0141cropped.jpg

Wahooman
December 16th, 2007, 11:55 AM
We can get something set up....last time just didn't work with road conditions and the drive some would have.